Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2014, 08:26 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I'll bet this guy wishes he'd be dead rather than receive this kind of welcome. When Vietnam vets were spit on, at least they didn't feel alone, but this guys is receiving all the spit on just him. This shows how partisan politics have turned our hearts cold. In February McCain said we should trade those five Taliban for Bowe, and not he says it was a horrible deal. They say they'd rather keep the Taliban than have Bowe back. I would not want my sons join the military if it can turn the whole nation against them.

This event exposes the moral collapse of the nation.
I'll wager he'll regret going AWOL. Who in their right mind would go AWOL in a terrorist country where you are considered the enemy ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2014, 08:27 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
If it wasn't for partisan politics we would have been out of Afghanistan years ago.

Old 06-07-2014, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
If it wasn't for partisan politics we would have been out of Afghanistan years ago.
We should have never went there to begin with.
CIA covert operation to find bin Laden was all they needed to do for bin Laden.
But we had other agendas..namely get the ME countries back on the petrodollar.

Old 06-07-2014, 08:33 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
We should have never went there to begin with.
I don't quibble over going after those directly were responsible for 9-11 but that would have put us in country for only a very short time. As you note, this could have been done with a much smaller military presence.

Quote:
CIA covert operation to find bin Laden was all they needed to do for bin Laden.
But we had other agendas..namely get the ME countries back on the petrodollar.
Not really working so well.

Old 06-07-2014, 08:40 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,892,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Feel free to fret over events that haven't occurred.
Tell your fellow liberals that about global warming.

I also have life insurance even though I ain't dead.

Old 06-07-2014, 08:41 AM

2,737 posts, read 3,165,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
The five released terrorists have not only committed acts of terrorism against the United Sates

Proof? (you aren't going to find any)
The prisoners released in exchange for Bowe Bergdahl were involved in war crimes, genocide and terrorist attacks against US and coalition Forces according to BBC News.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBC News

Who are the Guantanamo detainees?

Mohammad Fazl served as the Taliban's deputy defence minister during America's military campaign in 2001. Accused of possible war crimes, including the murder of thousands of Shia Muslims.

Khirullah Khairkhwa was a senior Taliban official serving as interior minister and governor of Herat, Afghanistan's third largest city. Alleged to have had direct links to Osama Bin Laden.

Abdul Haq Wasiq was the Taliban's deputy minister of intelligence. Said to have been central in forming alliances with other Islamist groups to fight against US and coalition forces.

Mullah Norullah Noori was a senior Taliban military commander and a governor. Also accused of being involved in the mass killings of Shia Muslims.

Mohammad Nabi Omari held multiple Taliban leadership roles, including chief of security. Alleged to have been involved in attacks against US and coalition forces.

BBC News - Bowe Bergdahl release: US parties clash on Afghan deal

Last edited by Bamford; 06-07-2014 at 08:51 AM..

Old 06-07-2014, 08:45 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
I'll wager he'll regret going AWOL. Who in their right mind would go AWOL in a terrorist country where you are considered the enemy ?
Maybe he wasn't in his right mind. If he could go back in time, he would never join the military in the first place. Armed service is not for everyone. Some can't handle it.

Old 06-07-2014, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Maybe he wasn't in his right mind. If he could go back in time, he would never join the military in the first place. Armed service is not for everyone. Some can't handle it.
And part of what boot camp does is filter out those the military think can't make it.

Old 06-07-2014, 08:49 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
And part of what boot camp does is filter out those the military think can't make it.
Obviously that didn't work.

Old 06-07-2014, 08:58 AM

89,029 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
I'll bet this guy wishes he'd be dead rather than receive this kind of welcome. When Vietnam vets were spit on, at least they didn't feel alone, but this guys is receiving all the spit on just him. This shows how partisan politics have turned our hearts cold.
The troops he served with outed Bergdahl as a deserter, not partisan politics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies