Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2014, 05:07 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,767,735 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
I'll tell you why: Islam's problems with the West start with Israel, a situation that the US condones.
You have it reversed. There were little to no problems before the West intervened in the Middle East/ N Africa after the fall of the Ottoman Empire. Focusing on Israel before it ever existed only delayed the Sunni and Shī‘ah war that was coming (and has already started in a few Muslim countries). The religion of "Peace" depends on who is defining what "Peace" actually is.

Old 06-07-2014, 05:09 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,021,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
Guessing you haven't read the bible.
Good guess. Is there any comments about muslims treating women like dogs?

Old 06-07-2014, 05:11 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,021,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Could you be specific--which liberals are you speaking of, as I have not heard "liberals" make that claim. Can you back up this massive generalization?

There are some conservatives who have defended Islam, but apparently you only hear this from "liberals."

In fact, George Bush said many nice things about Muslims. By your logic, President Bush was a perpetrator of insanity.

George W. Bush:

"Here in the United States our Muslim citizens are making many contributions in business, science and law, medicine and education, and in other fields. Muslim members of our Armed Forces and of my administration are serving their fellow Americans with distinction, upholding our nation's ideals of liberty and justice in a world at peace."

"Islam is a faith that brings comfort to people. It inspires them to lead lives based on honesty, and justice, and compassion."

"Some of the comments that have been uttered about Islam do not reflect the sentiments of my government or the sentiments of most Americans. Islam, as practiced by the vast majority of people, is a peaceful religion, a religion that respects others. Ours is a country based upon tolerance and we welcome people of all faiths in America."

Backgrounder: The President's Quotes on Islam

Chris Christie Lambastes Anti-Muslim Bigots In The GOP

Conservative Congressman Blasts Bachmann's Anti-Muslim Allegations, Stands Up For Religious Liberty | ThinkProgress
Play your "I'm lost" game all you want. You scream war on women to get votes yet women in the middle east can't even drive a car or they wlll be killed. Yet you claim it is such a peaceful religion. Gimme a break. Blather on.

Old 06-07-2014, 05:15 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,486,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperionGap View Post
Are you a Muslim jihadist from Dearborn? That would definitely explain why you are so mistaken.
No, I'm an atheist honky from Roseville, but I've known enough Muslims to know most of them are no trouble. Zero.

Old 06-07-2014, 06:49 PM

6,104 posts, read 5,994,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
After seeing videos of this and this happens all around the world in islamic countries and
places like England,
how can you conclude that Islam is a peaceful religion? Just because it doesn't happen here ( yet anyway )
in the USA does it mean anything.

And yet, Christianity it's open season on it.

warning! video is grizzly.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=2&theater

You can make an equally grizzly video showing Christain Serbs slaughtering and throwing Bosnian or Kossovars in to mass graves in the 1990s, Orthodox Christian Russians burning people alive in Grozny (Chechnya) when they firebombed peoples apartment houses in 2003 , and what about so-called Christian Americans using anti-personnel bombs and napalm on civilians in Iraq and Afganistan we've slaughtered over 100,000 people and not one of them a soldier since 1991. Now in Ukraine and Crimea we can see how everyday we Christians solve our differences peacefully. I think Islam is just as peaceful as Christianity . Muslims believe GOD will hold them to account their behavior at the Final Judgement. Christians somehow seem to believe that Christ gave them a get out of Judgement Free card for their sins.

Last edited by mwruckman; 06-07-2014 at 07:19 PM..

Old 06-07-2014, 10:02 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,738,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Good guess. Is there any comments about muslims treating women like dogs?

dogs are treated better in most cases..

Old 06-07-2014, 10:27 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,274,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Could you be specific--which liberals are you speaking of, as I have not heard "liberals" make that claim. Can you back up this massive generalization?

There are some conservatives who have defended Islam, but apparently you only hear this from "liberals."

In fact, George Bush said many nice things about Muslims. By your logic, President Bush was a perpetrator of insanity.

George W. Bush:

"Here in the United States our Muslim citizens are making many contributions in business, science and law, medicine and education, and in other fields. Muslim members of our Armed Forces and of my administration are serving their fellow Americans with distinction, upholding our nation's ideals of liberty and justice in a world at peace."

"Islam is a faith that brings comfort to people. It inspires them to lead lives based on honesty, and justice, and compassion."

"Some of the comments that have been uttered about Islam do not reflect the sentiments of my government or the sentiments of most Americans. Islam, as practiced by the vast majority of people, is a peaceful religion, a religion that respects others. Ours is a country based upon tolerance and we welcome people of all faiths in America."

Backgrounder: The President's Quotes on Islam

Chris Christie Lambastes Anti-Muslim Bigots In The GOP

Conservative Congressman Blasts Bachmann's Anti-Muslim Allegations, Stands Up For Religious Liberty | ThinkProgress
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Play your "I'm lost" game all you want. You scream war on women to get votes yet women in the middle east can't even drive a car or they wlll be killed. Yet you claim it is such a peaceful religion. Gimme a break. Blather on.
Lost? What are you even talking about? I don't scream anything bub, and I live in Florida where women can drive all they want, so who cares? Saudi women will have to fight for themselves, just like women here did. And btw, they are not killed for driving. The RWNJ websites all, and I mean ALL, ran the same story where a woman defied the ban and drove but was klled in a car accident. Every rightwing headline said "Woman killed defying driving ban." Lol--Only she was killed While defying driving ban, not For defying the driving ban. But please don't let the facts get in the way of your misguided conclusions.

Blather on? Bush blathered on about how peaceful Muslims are, not "liberals."

Old 06-08-2014, 07:20 AM

1,782 posts, read 2,139,959 times
I will believe Islam is a "religion of peace" when I see a few hundred Imams stand up and publicly decry the outrages.

Old 06-08-2014, 07:25 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,478,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
But it doesn't answer the question as to why liberals attack Christianity but are to cowardly to do so with Islam.
I think all muslims have some deep seated radicalism in them. Just because you do not see any of this violence in America doesn't mean they do no want to do it.
I`m a liberal and I just came from church. See how foolish people look when they stereotype? BTW, Real Christians don`t hate gays, minorities, muslims, peace, etc.

Old 06-08-2014, 07:40 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,397,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenniel View Post
The problem is, there seems to be a lot more radical muslims spread around the world than radicals from any other religion.

Look at all the terrorist attacks globally in the last 20 years, and I'll bet you 97% were perpetrated by muslims.

There kind of like pit bulls, there's some sweet, friendly ones but a lot of bad ones that do a lot of harm. That's why I dislike muslims and pitbulls.
So?
That is this part of history.
The christian white is right manifest destiny colonialization of the world (resulting in the murder and torture of millions) ended largely thanks to WWII.
They could no longer sustain that activity.

Go back farther in history and it does not look much better.

I am not liberal or a Muslim lover, etc, but it is kind of dumb to hate a religion more than another with an equally violent history just bc your time horizon only goes back 20 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies