Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2014, 01:00 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,021,070 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Other than the common example of Westboro Baptist, Who would be these "Radical Christians" that you speak of?
It appears anyone who doesn't oppose any war is an evil Christian. So go liberal minds anyway.......

Old 06-08-2014, 01:09 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,231,067 times
How is Christianity peaceful when more people have killed and died in the name of "god" than any other cause?

Do the Crusades ring a bell?

Old 06-08-2014, 01:12 PM

1,347 posts, read 955,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Ah so only the evil Christians manned the bombardier spot on planes? LOL
Yes, they're one of the least credible posters here. When someone makes a declaration "I'm proving it!" without even being to present an argument, there's really not even a point to making an effort. The internet brings all kinds

Old 06-08-2014, 01:15 PM

1,347 posts, read 955,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
Precisely. They did not specify "suicide bombings against noncombatants" as opposed to military targets.
The poll asked about suicide bombings and terrorism broadly - since it did not differentiate between civilian and military targets, the rational would obviously understood this also meant against civilians. If these poll responders only believed that it was acceptable only for military targets, then the correct answer would have been "no."

Amazing how far liberals/the far left will lie, distort, and deflect when cornered and defeated.

Old 06-08-2014, 01:16 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,486,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
That's just it, you have to go back to the DARK AGES, which is why they are called the DARK AGES. There have been plenty of battles waged by lunatics under the guise of religion, and today is no different.
The PP was apparently going back to the seventh century to accuse Muslims of the deaths of a hundred million unbelievers, so I was responding in kind. If there is something I'm missing, I'd like to see it.

Quote:
The Muslim Brotherhood, on the other hand, has more than 2 million members. I read somewhere that there could be as many as 20M radicalized Islamists. I think this is probably low.
How many people have the MB and its direct affiliates killed?

Old 06-08-2014, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
How is Christianity peaceful when more people have killed and died in the name of "god" than any other cause?

Who is carrying on the Crusades in today's day and age? Do you even know when the crusades took place? You point has none like usual.

Old 06-08-2014, 01:18 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,795,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post

Again, you are going back 1000 years, and it was the Muslims who initiated the wars after cutting off access to Christian holy places. Let's stick to recent history, because we are talking about current affairs.

Old 06-08-2014, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadisonR View Post
The poll asked about suicide bombings and terrorism broadly - since it did not differentiate between civilian and military targets, the rational would obviously understood this also meant against civilians. If these poll responders only believed that it was acceptable only for military targets, then the correct answer would have been "no."
Just because you are assuming a thing does not mean it was actually asked in the poll, nor that it was clear to the people responding.

I have sometimes heard American news commentators refer to non-suicide attacks against Israeli military forces as "terrorism." So let's not pretend there is no ambiguity in the question.

Old 06-08-2014, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
Just because you are assuming a thing does not mean it was actually asked in the poll, nor that it was clear to the people responding.

I have sometimes heard American news commentators refer to non-suicide attacks against Israeli military forces as "terrorism." So let's not pretend there is no ambiguity in the question.
So you go from defending Hitler to defending terrorists. Not a surprise.

Old 06-08-2014, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Ah so only the evil Christians manned the bombardier spot on planes? LOL
The vast majority of American and British pilots, statistically, would've been at least nominal Christians, certainly. I don't know how devout they were, but not all mujaheddin are especially devout either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies