Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2014, 01:44 PM

1,245 posts, read 924,089 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectMersh View Post
The antiquated 2nd Amendment needs to be repealed. None other then conservative columnist George Will suggested we repeal the "embarassing" 2nd Amendment way back in 1991.

George Will Second Amendment | How Embarrassing: The Constitution Protects the Guns that Kill - Baltimore Sun

I have not checked recently but I am guessing Will may have changed his mind. I don't know and I don't care.

The 2nd Amendment is a blemish on the U.S. constitution....and our gun culture is an embarassing national shame.

No offense to the honest hunters out there. That can be sensibly regulated. But it is the gun nuts who insist they walk into coffee shops and public places with guns that make me sick. Grown men who still want to play army. I'll leave that to our professional men and women in the U.S. military.

And spare me the paranoid speeches about the tyrannical government that is going to knock down your door with the barrel of a gun pointing at your paranoid mind. The government has stockpiles and stockpiles of nuclear weapons. No amount of private gun ownership could stand up to that. A strong democracy does not or should not need such a foolish notion to thrive.

I know I'll be long dead before this ever has a chance of happening...seems the lunatics have taken over. That is the lunatics at the NRA have their fists up the a&* of our elected leaders in Congress.
Some people just don't have commonsense whatsoever. Lets take a gander at this recent news --->Restaurant Is Robbed On Same Day It Adopts Anti-Gun Policy | The Daily Caller
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2014, 02:24 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,745,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookb4youcross View Post
Some people just don't have commonsense whatsoever. Lets take a gander at this recent news --->Restaurant Is Robbed On Same Day It Adopts Anti-Gun Policy | The Daily Caller
God exist, and he has a great sense of humor.

Old 06-08-2014, 02:33 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,999,463 times
Why is it embarrassing to have an amendment in place that allows citizens to protect ourselves?

Old 06-08-2014, 02:33 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,021,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapaport View Post
You realize they were vastly outnumbered, don't you?
For some reason gun nuts believe that their guns would help them in any situation. You realize that guns then meant slow-loading muskets? Lol
If you are going to use meaningless terms like "gun nut", you really ought to explain what it means to you.

Also, insulting a group whose constitutional rights you wish to deny is not a solid strategy.

Old 06-08-2014, 02:37 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,041,959 times
The gun grabbing trash in this country needs to realize that your attempts to shame, scare, bully, intimidate and lie your way to your gunless utopia isn't working. If you actually tried to have a reasonable conversation with those of us who care about and take self defense seriously we might be willing to talk but when you create an entire platform of lies for why we should be forced to be helpless like you clearly enjoy being it just doesn't work.

Old 06-08-2014, 02:37 PM

13,714 posts, read 31,187,630 times
Quote:
For the same reason SOME states want to teach creationism as a scientific theory: they don't know any better.
The states sense there is a change coming and, just like in case of gay marriage, legislate away, trying to stop the turning tide. Coincidentally (lol) the pro-gun states tend to be either the most dangerous, the poorest and least educated or the least densely populated states in the nation. Again coincidentally (lol) most of them are red states.
Here:

The most dangerous states based on violent crime:

1. Tennessee
2. Nevada
3. Alaska
4. New Mexico
5. South Carolina
6. Delaware
7. Louisiana
8. Florida
9. Maryland
10. Oklahoma

The Most Dangerous States in America - 24/7 Wall St.
Ahhh....a snapshot study that you are trying to establish cause and effect with.

The two largest states in the country are California and Texas. Polar opposite government positions toward guns. Both are border states. And guess which has a higher homicide rate? California. CA ranks A- on the Brady rankings.

What about New Hampshire, Vermont, and Maine, all rated D- or worse by Brady? Very low violent crime rates.

I think you'd have more success establishing a relationship between murder rates and socioeconomic status.

Old 06-08-2014, 02:40 PM

38,644 posts, read 26,393,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectMersh View Post
The antiquated 2nd Amendment needs to be repealed. None other then conservative columnist George Will suggested we repeal the "embarassing" 2nd Amendment way back in 1991.

George Will Second Amendment | How Embarrassing: The Constitution Protects the Guns that Kill - Baltimore Sun

I have not checked recently but I am guessing Will may have changed his mind. I don't know and I don't care.

The 2nd Amendment is a blemish on the U.S. constitution....and our gun culture is an embarassing national shame.

No offense to the honest hunters out there. That can be sensibly regulated. But it is the gun nuts who insist they walk into coffee shops and public places with guns that make me sick. Grown men who still want to play army. I'll leave that to our professional men and women in the U.S. military.

And spare me the paranoid speeches about the tyrannical government that is going to knock down your door with the barrel of a gun pointing at your paranoid mind. The government has stockpiles and stockpiles of nuclear weapons. No amount of private gun ownership could stand up to that. A strong democracy does not or should not need such a foolish notion to thrive.

I know I'll be long dead before this ever has a chance of happening...seems the lunatics have taken over. That is the lunatics at the NRA have their fists up the a&* of our elected leaders in Congress.

So in one breath you praise our brave young men and women in uniform and in the next you suggest that they would drop nuclear bombs on Americans if told to do so.

The purpose of the Second Amendment is to make suspension of the free and open political process unworkable.

A dictatorship requires agile and loyal boots on the ground to enforce tyrannical rule, but with every former soldier, airman, sailor and marine potentially armed with an AR and laying in wait, movement by these individuals would become impossible and no one working for the regime would be able to live among us as they would be arrested by the armed militia.

The Founders were brilliant men.

Old 06-08-2014, 02:41 PM

38,644 posts, read 26,393,631 times
Quote:
According to FBI There are 200,000 guns stolen from law abiding citizens every year. How do you think criminals acquire guns? 200,000 thousand guns a year.

Would you feel better if they were smuggled in from Mexico?

Old 06-08-2014, 02:54 PM

32,027 posts, read 36,808,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookb4youcross View Post
What's the connection? This wasn't an armed robbery.

Old 06-08-2014, 03:23 PM

32,027 posts, read 36,808,281 times
Quote:
Yet there were far more whites on the continent than slaves, weren't there?
Yes, but even on a national basis slaves outnumbered slave owners by 10 to 1.

In the Confederacy the population was much more evenly split -- about 3.5 million slaves vs. 5.2 million whites.

In Mississippi and South Carolina, blacks outnumbered whites by a good margin. In Alabama, Georgia and Louisiana, they were about 45% of the population. So in the states with the most slaves the fear of black uprisings was substantial.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies