Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2014, 10:39 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapaport View Post
Why did these right have to upheld some hundred years after the constitution was ratified? Because the original constitution did not guarantee them any rights...
Why? Because common sense prevailed for years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2014, 10:41 AM

Quote:
You realize they were vastly outnumbered, don't you?
For some reason gun nuts believe that their guns would help them in any situation. You realize that guns then meant slow-loading muskets? Lol
They weren't outnumbered in Africa. Even being outnumbered here you might win the battle but lose the war. It doesn't make sense to bring them here just to shoot them.

Old 06-08-2014, 10:42 AM

Quote:
What guns? Muskets that required 2 minutes to be loaded? Lol you think at that time you could just walk around with a loaded musket herding captured Africans onto a ship? Lol
You certainly couldn't with a stick. Are you trying to claim that African's were too stupid to simply run away?

We fought off the British with these guns did we not? Would we have been able to with sticks?

Old 06-08-2014, 10:43 AM

2,234 posts, read 1,759,923 times
Quote:
You realize they were vastly outnumbered, don't you?
For some reason gun nuts believe that their guns would help them in any situation. You realize that guns then meant slow-loading muskets? Lol
Do you realize that allowing muskets then would have meant that they had and allowed citizens to have equal weaponry to that of the military at that time? So if you want to compare then to now, we should be allowed to buy and carry "real" assault weapons.

Old 06-08-2014, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Ok. And now our common sense tells us that the second made sense when there was no police, FBI, border patrol and we were faced with a possibility of British Invasion but not in 2014 when were much more organized as a society.
If that is what you believe as I've said many times, work to change it. I wish you luck.

Old 06-08-2014, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Are you trying to tell me that before invention of gun powder there were no slaves that could be captured and held in captivity even though there were no guns around? Lol
Yes there was. The strongest won. Guns equalized things. I can be in a wheelchair and you are still dead when I shoot you.

Old 06-08-2014, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Ok. And now our common sense tells us that the second made sense when there was no police, FBI, border patrol and we were faced with a possibility of British Invasion but not in 2014 when were much more organized as a society.
it still make sense now because in most cases when a crime is being committed, e.g, someone is being raped or murdered, no police, FBI, or border patrol is anywhere to be found. Furthermore, the Right to Bear Arms also includes our right to defend ourselves from the police, FBI, or any other government agency should it ever have to come to that now or in the future.

Old 06-08-2014, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Not the strongest - better trained and organized. Yes, a guy in a wheelchair can kill me just as well, in reality though it'd much easier for me to get into a position where I have a clear shot than for a guy in a wheelchair. But that's not the point, is it? Lol
So if our better organized military invaded Iran without guns or missiles, we would prevail? Do you EVER think before you write?

Old 06-08-2014, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Not the strongest - better trained and organized. Yes, a guy in a wheelchair can kill me just as well, in reality though it'd much easier for me to get into a position where I have a clear shot than for a guy in a wheelchair. But that's not the point, is it? Lol
You are right......Africans weren't in wheelchairs.

Old 06-08-2014, 10:56 AM

12,149 posts, read 8,422,794 times
Quote:
Are you trying to tell me that before invention of gun powder there were no slaves that could be captured and held in captivity even though there were no guns around? Lol

You know they had slaves in Ancient Rome, don't you? Lol
You know that Rome had a standing army that killed dissenters don't you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies