Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2014, 06:31 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectMersh View Post
And spare me the paranoid speeches about the tyrannical government that is going to knock down your door with the barrel of a gun pointing at your paranoid mind. The government has stockpiles and stockpiles of nuclear weapons. No amount of private gun ownership could stand up to that. A strong democracy does not or should not need such a foolish notion to thrive.

I know I'll be long dead before this ever has a chance of happening...seems the lunatics have taken over. That is the lunatics at the NRA have their fists up the a&* of our elected leaders in Congress.
The U.S. and Russia both have stockpiles of nuclear weapons. Despite that Afghanistan has been able to hold them both off with more conventional weapons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2014, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapaport View Post
Even without a constitutional amendment right to bear arms is no longer unalienable, you can't walk into a federal courthouse with a gun, can't board a plane, can't go to post office, or school. There are background checks to weed out people who's "unalienable right" has been revoked and a ban on automatic weapons, all of these because Supreme Court judges understand that allowing all those thing would be a public safety nightmare.

It's just a matter of time when the second amendment will be either repelled or altered to reflect the fact that the right to bear arms is no longer unalienable right but rather a privilege that can be revoked at any time. Just like a drivers license. Otherwise we will be entangled in lawsuits based on misconstrued interpretation of the second amendment, which was meant to give citizens the right to bear swords and muskets at the time when there were no law enforcement agencies, and not the right to bear all arms such as machine guns, tanks, destroyers, bazookas, RPGs, mortars, howitzers, nuclear ballistic missiles and submarines.
Go for it. No one can stop you.

Old 06-08-2014, 06:40 AM

6,073 posts, read 4,746,641 times
I am gonna buy 100 acres and a bazooka soon. why you ask? because I can. and no amount of liberal cry baby wah wah will change that simple fact. if you want to whine about the violent culture, turn to your hollywood liberals. they feed the violent culture.

Old 06-08-2014, 06:43 AM

Quote:
So what that they have stockpiles if they never used them for political reasons? How long would Afghanistan last in an ALL OUT war with either the USA or Soviet Union? Lol
And you call people with guns scary. You are advocating and laughing about dropping nuclear bombs on people simply because you don't like them. Do you really wonder why people want to keep their guns?

Old 06-08-2014, 06:43 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,851,639 times
Quote:
200,000 guns every year are reported stolen and end up in hands of criminals. There is no need to illegally import guns to America, there is plenty of stolen guns for every criminal. The only reason there is so much gang violence is because illegal guns are so easy to purchase.

Your right to protect yourself infringes on my right to be safe as legal gun owners feed the criminals with 200,000 guns every year. Why do I have to protect myself from an assault with a gun that was stolen from you?

Second amendment should be repealed as soon as possible. If anything, owning a firearm should be a privilege, not an unalienable right.
The only reason there is so much gang violence is the war on drugs.

Old 06-08-2014, 06:48 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,851,639 times
Quote:
So what that they have stockpiles if they never used them for political reasons? How long would Afghanistan last in an ALL OUT war with either the USA or Soviet Union? Lol
How many times has Afghanistan been completely conquered and colonized? The terrain plays a big part of that.

Old 06-08-2014, 06:55 AM

4,395 posts, read 4,909,291 times
Quote:
Even without a constitutional amendment right to bear arms is no longer unalienable, you can't walk into a federal courthouse with a gun, can't board a plane, can't go to post office, or school. There are background checks to weed out people who's "unalienable right" has been revoked and a ban on automatic weapons, all of these because Supreme Court judges understand that allowing all those thing would be a public safety nightmare.

It's just a matter of time when the second amendment will be either repelled or altered to reflect the fact that the right to bear arms is no longer unalienable right but rather a privilege that can be revoked at any time. Just like a drivers license. Otherwise we will be entangled in lawsuits based on misconstrued interpretation of the second amendment, which was meant to give citizens the right to bear swords and muskets at the time when there were no law enforcement agencies, and not the right to bear all arms such as machine guns, tanks, destroyers, bazookas, RPGs, mortars, howitzers, nuclear ballistic missiles and submarines.
Why are states stepping up and allowing some of these things you just mentioned? In the past year, laws in MS were passed that allow me to walk into any city, county or state building carrying a gun. I can walk into a courthouse. The judge has the option of banning them from HIS courtroom during session. I can carry into any primary or secondary school.

The Montana Firearms Freedom act almost lifted the ban on automatic weapons that are built, sold and remain the state. It does allow SBR (short barrel rifles) which fall under the same NFA (National Firearms Act of 1934) regulations.

Finally, SC judges can't legislate from the bench. That's not in the Constitution. They have gotten bolder because Congress doesn't have the guts to hold them accountable. Impeach a few of them for ruling against the Constitution and they will fall back into line.

Old 06-08-2014, 07:00 AM

4,395 posts, read 4,909,291 times
Quote:
Terrain is not as much an issue when you can strike from the air. Public opinion is an issue.
You have taken your comment on the US using nukes against its own citizens full circle. They won't do it because of public opinion. How many jihadists does the Taliban sign up when the US military kills Afghan civilians?

Old 06-08-2014, 07:29 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
the constitution failed to pass intially bek they tried to leave out the right of americans to defend themselves.
calling us paranoid and then mugging us is #1 tactic of dictators.
at the heart of gun rights is the fact that we dont trust the government and should not.
thank you snowden for reminding us.
as to your statement that resistance is futile bek the borg have nukes. think again.
the mideast has stalemated the most powerful country on earth for 13 years, with WWI surplus soviet weapons.

Old 06-08-2014, 09:25 AM

5,756 posts, read 3,995,901 times
[quote=ProjectMersh;35138633]The antiquated 2nd Amendment needs to be repealed. None other then conservative columnist George Will suggested we repeal the "embarassing" 2nd Amendment way back in 1991.

George Will Second Amendment | How Embarrassing: The Constitution Protects the Guns that Kill - Baltimore Sun

I have not checked recently but I am guessing Will may have changed his mind. I don't know and I don't care.

The 2nd Amendment is a blemish on the U.S. constitution....and our gun culture is an embarassing national shame.

No offense to the honest hunters out there. That can be sensibly regulated. But it is the gun nuts who insist they walk into coffee shops and public places with guns that make me sick. Grown men who still want to play army. I'll leave that to our professional men and women in the U.S. military.
********* and your opinion of my God given rights to not be Regulated !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies