Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2014, 09:29 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,207,835 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectMersh View Post
The antiquated 2nd Amendment needs to be repealed. None other then conservative columnist George Will suggested we repeal the "embarassing" 2nd Amendment way back in 1991.

George Will Second Amendment | How Embarrassing: The Constitution Protects the Guns that Kill - Baltimore Sun

I have not checked recently but I am guessing Will may have changed his mind. I don't know and I don't care.

The 2nd Amendment is a blemish on the U.S. constitution....and our gun culture is an embarassing national shame.

No offense to the honest hunters out there. That can be sensibly regulated. But it is the gun nuts who insist they walk into coffee shops and public places with guns that make me sick. Grown men who still want to play army. I'll leave that to our professional men and women in the U.S. military.

And spare me the paranoid speeches about the tyrannical government that is going to knock down your door with the barrel of a gun pointing at your paranoid mind. The government has stockpiles and stockpiles of nuclear weapons. No amount of private gun ownership could stand up to that. A strong democracy does not or should not need such a foolish notion to thrive.

I know I'll be long dead before this ever has a chance of happening...seems the lunatics have taken over. That is the lunatics at the NRA have their fists up the a&* of our elected leaders in Congress.

it shall never happen in the lifetime of the USA. too many real Americans know that the 2nd Amendment is there to be a protection against government, and it just boils the blood of people who would rather be a slave to the government than be free.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2014, 09:30 AM

32,027 posts, read 36,813,277 times
Repealing the Second Amendment is a dumb idea. What would you do about all the zillions of firearms that are already out there?

I would oppose it anyway. People should have the absolute right to hunt and defend their homes.

Old 06-08-2014, 09:32 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,207,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
Repealing the Second Amendment is a dumb idea. What would you do about all the zillions of firearms that are already out there?

I would oppose it anyway. People should have the absolute right to hunt and defend their homes.

and to defend themselves from a tyrannical overbearing government.

Old 06-08-2014, 09:39 AM

2,234 posts, read 1,759,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapaport View Post
First of all, my comment was about tactical nuclear weapons being used against guerrilla warfare in general. Second, when you use nuclear weapons you don't care that much about anybody signing up for anything, do you? When we nuked Hiroshima we didn't care about Japanese backlash, did we? No, as a matter of fact nuclear strikes turned to be highly effective.

I can't envision the us government ever using nuclear weapons on American soil yet to believe that armed citizens stand any chance confronted with a regular army with its training and arsenal is simply ludicrous.

There was a moron in another thread who claimed that if Jews were armed the Holocaust would never happened... Guess what, they were armed as many Jews served in Polish, French, Belgian and Dutch armies yet it didn't help much, did it?
The U.S. government or any government is going to be dumb enough to nuke their own land. Give your psychobabble a rest for a while.

Old 06-08-2014, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapaport View Post
That we elect ourselves every four years... Sure, bud. Sure
Hilter was elected too

Old 06-08-2014, 09:41 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,894,387 times
Quote:
The antiquated 2nd Amendment needs to be repealed. None other then conservative columnist George Will suggested we repeal the "embarassing" 2nd Amendment way back in 1991.

George Will Second Amendment | How Embarrassing: The Constitution Protects the Guns that Kill - Baltimore Sun

I have not checked recently but I am guessing Will may have changed his mind. I don't know and I don't care.

The 2nd Amendment is a blemish on the U.S. constitution....and our gun culture is an embarassing national shame.

No offense to the honest hunters out there. That can be sensibly regulated. But it is the gun nuts who insist they walk into coffee shops and public places with guns that make me sick. Grown men who still want to play army. I'll leave that to our professional men and women in the U.S. military.

And spare me the paranoid speeches about the tyrannical government that is going to knock down your door with the barrel of a gun pointing at your paranoid mind. The government has stockpiles and stockpiles of nuclear weapons. No amount of private gun ownership could stand up to that. A strong democracy does not or should not need such a foolish notion to thrive.

I know I'll be long dead before this ever has a chance of happening...seems the lunatics have taken over. That is the lunatics at the NRA have their fists up the a&* of our elected leaders in Congress.
One only has to look at recent past to see that its not guns; which were even easier to get even by mail order; but people and society today. Schools were perhaps the safest place a kind could be. Sorry;huge fail OP. Drugs;Bombs; guns; hitting old lady over head with club ;its violent people; not guns. Nothing has changed but the people in society.

Old 06-08-2014, 09:44 AM

1,730 posts, read 1,363,025 times
Quote:

In 1951 it may have worked. Too late now, way too many bad guys with illegal weapons out there.
Repeal the 2nd now, and what would be accomplished? You think the thugs are going to turn in their weapons also?
Answer that question, I've not yet heard a gun grabber come up with any type of reply worth a damn.
Waiting...

Old 06-08-2014, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
One only has to look at recent past to see that its not guns; which were even easier to get even by mail order; but people and society today. Schools were perhaps the safest place a kind could be. Sorry;huge fail OP. Drugs;Bombs; guns; hitting old lady over head with club ;its violent people; not guns. Nothing has changed but the people in society.
Not true at all. Firearms ordered online must be sent to FFL dealer.

Old 06-08-2014, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoD Guy View Post
In 1951 it may have worked. Too late now, way too many bad guys with illegal weapons out there.
Repeal the 2nd now, and what would be accomplished? You think the thugs are going to turn in their weapons also?
Answer that question, I've not yet heard a gun grabber come up with any type of reply worth a damn.
Waiting...
Even if bad guys do not have guns, guns are still needed. It's the only way women, seniors, and others can have an even playing field.

Old 06-08-2014, 09:46 AM

1,730 posts, read 1,363,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
the constitution failed to pass intially bek they tried to leave out the right of americans to defend themselves.
calling us paranoid and then mugging us is #1 tactic of dictators.
at the heart of gun rights is the fact that we dont trust the government and should not.
thank you snowden for reminding us.
as to your statement that resistance is futile bek the borg have nukes. think again.
the mideast has stalemated the most powerful country on earth for 13 years, with WWI surplus soviet weapons.
What unit did you deploy to combat with, and in what capacity?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies