Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2014, 09:19 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,198,674 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Conservatives think logicaly, liberals think emotionaly. It's the old yin yang thing.
Except that is false thinking, especially when everyone including conservatives think emotionally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2014, 09:21 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,765,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
So even the narrow laws we have today are not being followed.

Laws mean nothing if they are not followed.
Do hospitals in all states report every patient admitted for observation?

Do all states have processes in place to cross reference patients with national databases?

Do all states require gun registration?

Do all firearm owners have permits/ registrations?

Old 06-11-2014, 09:24 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,858,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
You can pretend it's because you're such a freedom-loving Constitutionalist, but one, you'll never convince sane Americans that living with guns around every corner and in every public place is what the Founders had in mind, and two, you're deflecting because you're embarrassed by your ridiculous post.
really? because it seems to me that is exactly what the founding father had in mind, so that the citizenry could rise up and overthrow a government that became tyrannical. remember that is EXACTLY what they had just done, overthrow a tyrannical government, and they didnt want that type of government for the united states.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
And who said tracking guns would "end" gun violence? Do you think you are clever because you can argue against a simplistic strawman?
just doing what you liberals like to do all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
So, you realize that there were more firearms per capita when the founding fathers wrote the constitution, but your contention is that the founding fathers didn't expect so many people to own firearms? You've pretty much given up on logic and gone straight to wishful thinking at this point, haven't you?

The founding fathers wrote the Bill of Rights in order to protect the inalienable rights that we all have from people like you. I'm sure it irritates you to realize that 200+ years ago there was a group of men who were wise enough to realize that you - or someone much like you - would exist, but protecting all of us from your emotional insanity is the reason that the Bill of Rights exists.

They were wise men.
hear hear!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Interesting you say that because I often times see conservatives being emotionally driven rather than making rational decisions.
really? because it always seems to me that the people making the emotional arguments are liberals, not conservatives. you are projecting my friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_J View Post
I can empathize with your emotions surrounding these shootings. I grew up in Arkansas and the Jonesboro middle school shootings (the shooters were 12 and 14) shook up the entire state.

It will happen again. The only way to stop it is a complete lock down of society and every freedom that we have. The Columbine shooting should have been the Columbine bombing but the propane bombs didn't work as planned. There is no way to be 100% safe in a free society.
well said. if i were to decide to kill a large number of people, i personally would not use a gun, i would rather use a chemical weapon that could be purchased over the counter at any hardware store and supermarket. guns are so passe these days. if oyu really want to make a splash, make a chemical bomb and detonate it in a crowed shopping mall, heck make several in fact. or you can do what mcveigh did, and build a truck bomb and drive it into said shopping mall. and before any liberals suggest i might do something like this, put that thought out of your little minds, because i wont, i am merely showing you that one does not need a gun to kill large numbers of people.

Old 06-11-2014, 09:28 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,198,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
really? because it seems to me that is exactly what the founding father had in mind, so that the citizenry could rise up and overthrow a government that became tyrannical. remember that is EXACTLY what they had just done, overthrow a tyrannical government, and they didnt want that type of government for the united states.

hear hear!!

really? because it always seems to me that the people making the emotional arguments are liberals, not conservatives. you are projecting my friend.

well said. if i were to decide to kill a large number of people, i personally would not use a gun, i would rather use a chemical weapon that could be purchased over the counter at any hardware store and supermarket. guns are so passe these days. if oyu really want to make a splash, make a chemical bomb and detonate it in a crowed shopping mall, heck make several in fact. or you can do what mcveigh did, and build a truck bomb and drive it into said shopping mall. and before any liberals suggest i might do something like this, put that thought out of your little minds, because i wont, i am merely showing you that one does not need a gun to kill large numbers of people.
Start a thread that says there is no rational argument against gay marriage, and watch the conservative emotions fly as they start talking about morals and traditions and other emotional statements.

Old 06-11-2014, 09:34 AM

864 posts, read 800,213 times
Ass Burgers and ADHD is just something RX companies invented so they could hock pills to liberals. They aren't real diseases.

Old 06-11-2014, 10:07 AM

4,395 posts, read 4,914,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Do hospitals in all states report every patient admitted for observation?

Do all states have processes in place to cross reference patients with national databases?

Do all states require gun registration?

Do all firearm owners have permits/ registrations?
For the first 2, HIPPA contradicts the laws that require hospitals and mental health facilities to report people. Too many laws period. To me, my privacy is more important than your safety.

Most states don't require any type of gun registration. Any attempt at registration will be met with resistance. But even without the resistance, it don't do anything until after the fact.

Again, most states don't require any type of permit. In MS, the only permit that is required is a concealed carry permit. Our state Constitution gives the legislature power of concealed carry laws. Last year with the enhanced permit, I can carry in almost any state/county or city building (hospitals and schools included) without issue.

Old 06-11-2014, 10:10 AM

5,563 posts, read 4,264,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
So, you realize that there were more firearms per capita when the founding fathers wrote the constitution, but your contention is that the founding fathers didn't expect so many people to own firearms? You've pretty much given up on logic and gone straight to wishful thinking at this point, haven't you?

The founding fathers wrote the Bill of Rights in order to protect the inalienable rights that we all have from people like you. I'm sure it irritates you to realize that 200+ years ago there was a group of men who were wise enough to realize that you - or someone much like you - would exist, but protecting all of us from your emotional insanity is the reason that the Bill of Rights exists.

They were wise men.
The founders never intended for people to use guns as toys, which is what we have today.

Sorry, but even you can't spin it that way.

And it's always interested to hear how gun nuts dismiss not wanting to be mowed down at a movie theater as "emotional insanity." So you think the founders would have ENJOYED our current gun massacres? That they WANTED this situation to exist?

Talk about crazy.

Old 06-11-2014, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Obviously not without their flaws, but yes indeed they were wise, and knew exactly what they were doing when they laid out the groundwork on how to govern ourselves.
Oh, another one who thinks the Founders wanted grown men to play Fisher Price Warrior and enable crazy people to shoot innocent civilians with their toys.

Old 06-11-2014, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoutboy View Post
The nation is bat**** insane, and continues to circle the drain. The prognosis is not good. If 20 slaughtered freakin' first graders isn't enough to harden this country's resolve to stand up to the gun loons, nothing is, much less the latest tragedy of this poor kid. Lock and load, numbskulls.
Pretty much.

It's appalling that such an event barely scratched the surface of people's callousness in my country.

Old 06-11-2014, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen
You can pretend it's because you're such a freedom-loving Constitutionalist, but one, you'll never convince sane Americans that living with guns around every corner and in every public place is what the Founders had in mind, and two, you're deflecting because you're embarrassed by your ridiculous post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
Wanting people to live in fear of the guns on every street corner, store, movie theater and public place is what the Founders had in mind?

That's crazy even for a gun nut.

Quote:

hear hear!!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies