Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2014, 04:00 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,021,470 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
you almost made me laugh with this post. the fact is that pencils are dangerous weapons when used in a certain manner, you are just too blind to see it. and the idea that somehow, as a pointed out before, licensing, and background checks, and tracking of guns is not going to magically end gun violence. all it will do is stop some law abiding citizens from owning guns.
One time when the cops were harassing Harrier as he was walking, Harrier took a pen and paper out of his backpack and started to write down the cop's name, the license plate number on the black and white, and notes about what was taking place.

The cop told Harrier to put the pen away.

When Harrier asked why, the cop said that it was a weapon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2014, 04:05 PM

4,395 posts, read 4,915,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
One time when the cops were harassing Harrier as he was walking, Harrier took a pen and paper out of his backpack and started to write down the cop's name, the license plate number on the black and white, and notes about what was taking place.

Someone should come up with a saying that compares a pen to a real weapon.

Old 06-10-2014, 04:07 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,198,674 times
Quote:
It is the Democrat's who don't know what it means, which is why they want to abolish the Electoral College and impose a tyrannical popular vote for presidential elections.

Democrats always claim that we are a democracy.

Wrong - we are a constitutionally limited republic, whose citizens elect people to represent them and their state.

Democrats hate that, and if they got their way it would lead to disaster, which is why their party was made illegal in Article IV.
That all falls under democracy.

Old 06-10-2014, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
That all falls under democracy.
True, but it isn't direct democracy, which many on the left would like to implement.

Old 06-10-2014, 04:11 PM

11,350 posts, read 16,717,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
This time in Oregon. The Second Amendment bites again. Had enough America? I didn't think so.

Cops: Shooter dead at Oregon high school - CBS News
Wake up! The problem is a mental health issue.

Old 06-10-2014, 04:13 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,198,674 times
Quote:
True, but it isn't direct democracy, which many on the left would like to implement.
No, you just assume that.

Old 06-10-2014, 04:21 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,378,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_J View Post
I'm reading this as sarcasm and will answer as such.

If a handful of teachers and administrators were armed and trained for this type of situation, the shooter may have thought twice about ever attempting it. Not knowing who is carrying makes a person think that everyone may be carrying.

On the other hand, this kid may have had a death wish and wanted to take out as many of his "enemies" as he could before being taken out himself. There is very little we can do about that without acting on the warning signs.
Robert, I live right down the street from Arapahoe High School. The shooter was well aware that an armed deputy sheriff was in the building, and he did it anyway. I've said before that school shootings are a serious issue for me, and now maybe you understand why.

I'm literally surrounded by memorials for school shooting victims on all sides. Columbine, Bailey, and Arapahoe High Schools are all within a short drive. And if that isn't enough, the Aurora theatre is just a few minutes in the other direction. In October, one in seven of the residents of my community will be called for the jury pool. The trauma of the original shootings wasn't enough. We'll have to go through it all over again during the trial.

I honestly don't know what to think or where to turn for a solution, but I'm horrified at the idea that more guns are the answer. I would like someone, anyone, to tell me what we can do to stop this from happening again.

Old 06-10-2014, 04:33 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,331,642 times
Quote:

I was stabbed in the lung with a pen by a psych patient.

Old 06-10-2014, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
No, you just assume that.
Liberals haven't been calling for abolishment of the electoral college since the 2000 presidential election?

Old 06-10-2014, 04:40 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,600,924 times
Another day in America.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies