Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2014, 05:26 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,836,914 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
This isn't a cheerleading thread - this is nothing but trolling frankly.

But this is the crux of why you don't care. You probably think it's perfectly acceptable to target conservatives and believe there will always be a Democratic president so there is absolutely zero chance of the same thing happening to liberals. You have zero clue what will happen between now and any future election or how the elections will go. But keep on singing this tune, seeing conservatives as enemies and never questioning what our government does if it only affects those you don't like.
And you strike out with the breathless prose to create yet another right wing straw man of what it is you claim I believe.

Well you are hopelessly wrong. My argument with the conservatives does not imply support for Obama. In general I don't. I oppose him at this point more than I support him.

The probability of the the right finding a candidate capable of beating a strong democrat in an era of likely improving economy is quite small. You could not beat a relatively weakened President in a rather dismal situation. How are you going to deal with a Hilary or one who can beat her in a rising economy. And I think this run problably has at least ten years in it. Rising slowly but steadily during that term. Then we see. But that is enough for 2 certainly and likely three democrat victories before a rightist gets a shot.

If the right wishes to avoid the topic and snipe I will respond appropriately. All the time walking carefully to avoid committing a troll, hijack or other thread sin....

Old 06-29-2014, 05:34 PM

38,650 posts, read 26,442,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
I would think that many of us not of the right would agree that an impartial investigation of the IRS is in order. Hell it was an editorial in the LA Times last week.

We may not want a prosecutor as there still is nothing that appears criminal. But it does appear the IRS has sufficiently strained credibility that the air needs to be cleared and perhaps some retirements encouraged. And if the investigation reveals actual criminality than the DofJ can go for an indictment.

Not going to send Lois Learner flowers?

Old 06-29-2014, 05:47 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,158,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
Um, you might want to fact check that before making such claims...

IRS targeted NAACP in 2004 - Kelsey Snell - POLITICO.com
They were attacking Bush and conservatives directly by name, that's clearly a violation. Here's the speech that set that investigation off:

Julian Bond's speech (full text) to the NAACP convention(Gotta Read This!)

We all know these groups whether it's churches or groups like the NAACP overtly participate in politics. Here's the thing to ask yourself, if the highest ranking person from the Catholic church gave a similar speech at the largest event they have attacking Obama and Liberals do you think that is going to draw the scrutiny of the IRS? Can you honestly tell me that would be overlooked by the IRS?

Old 06-29-2014, 05:55 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,493,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
If the right wishes to avoid the topic and snipe I will respond appropriately. All the time walking carefully to avoid committing a troll, hijack or other thread sin....
You are off topic yourself. Cheerleading is not on topic. You did, to be fair, address the topic at first; Lucario did not. All he did was avoid topic/troll.

My point was that absolutely nothing can be counted on. And, no, you are not 100% sure all presidents over the next decade will be Democrats (or even what the economy will do or whether Hillary will run, etc.). It is my theory that this belief that Democrats seem to have is contributing to their lack of concern over this. Maybe this doesn't apply to you. If so, I apologize.

Last edited by afoigrokerkok; 06-29-2014 at 06:27 PM..

Old 06-29-2014, 07:24 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,708,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
This isn't a cheerleading thread - this is nothing but trolling frankly.

But this is the crux of why you don't care. You probably think it's perfectly acceptable to target conservatives and believe there will always be a Democratic president so there is absolutely zero chance of the same thing happening to liberals. You have zero clue what will happen between now and any future election or how the elections will go. But keep on singing this tune, seeing conservatives as enemies and never questioning what our government does if it only affects those you don't like.
I'm sorry, sir, but conservatives set themselves up as the enemy long, long ago.

Old 06-29-2014, 07:40 PM

79,908 posts, read 44,332,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
OK....lets accept the ridiculous premise that someone working at the IRS at her level does not know that you cant audit an individuals tax return until it is filed. Lets also accept the even more ridiculous premise that someone working at the IRS at her level does not know that most individual tax returns are filed in April.

The lawyer told her this information that she wouldn't know based on this ridiculous premise. And yet, she still did not say "OK lets hold onto this info until Grassley files his return."

Further, the lawyer told her that the org paying Grassley and wifes expenses was not "prohibited on the face of it". Prohibited for who? The organization.

Maybe what the lawyer was telling her was they would have to look at Grassley's return to see if the money was paid to Grassley before they could audit the exempt org.

I think its safe to assume that no one at the IRS was planning to audit a Senator over what might result in an additional $300 of taxes.
One would think but we are talking about Lerner who has had a long history of this crap. Remember she got in trouble at the FEC for the same thing.

Some just never learn.

Old 06-29-2014, 07:41 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,493,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
I'm sorry, sir, but conservatives set themselves up as the enemy long, long ago.
So conservative groups deserve this?

Old 06-29-2014, 08:00 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,836,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
One would think but we are talking about Lerner who has had a long history of this crap. Remember she got in trouble at the FEC for the same thing.

Some just never learn.
Cite?

Old 06-29-2014, 08:02 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,398,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
You see afoigrokerkok, this is the response that can be expected. Reasoning is of no avail here. It's like trying to reason with the fox that the chicken deserves to live. or even better, with the two wolves that the sheep deserves to live. It's an exercise in futility.

Old 06-29-2014, 08:13 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,466,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post

Some just never learn.
We can discuss what she did at FEC after Issa produces the next scandal because FEC is unable to find emails from the 80's or in lieu of that produces paper records with chew marks from rats obliterating the text. Federal Records Center warehouses are nasty places. I hope he gets exactly what he asked for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies