Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2014, 12:09 PM

1,250 posts, read 1,489,674 times

Advertisements

It's morally wrong to not have a child.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2014, 12:20 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,331,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
I am sure if a nonreligious person needs help, they will take the same avenues than most other people do; short of converting to a faith. I know that churches do not turn down folks simply because they do not believe. And, there are community based secular charity organizations too. Finally, there is the government, e.g. welfare/medicaid which was meant for folks in dire straights (think dust bowl); not to be a way of life by choice.

Statistically, atheists have less children than most but it is not that atheists are infertile. It is that they believe in contraception and family planning. That is not to say their atheism plays a big part in how many kids they have though. I am an atheist and I had one child I can definitely afford

Now, if I was a farmer I might have had ten kids
They turn down people for lots of reasons.

On a day in which Christians are supposed be most charitable to those in need, a church turned away a poor family and atheists stepped up to help. Even as conservatives portray atheists as the villains in the supposed “war on Christmas,” in the end, they were the ones who acted Christ-like. And Wait is most grateful.
– Atheists Save Christmas For A Poor Family After Their Church Refused To Help Them

How many times have we heard of a priest refusing to give the Last Rites to a homosexual?
A bunch. If they won't help gays, they won't help atheists.

Old 06-28-2014, 12:21 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,331,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruhms View Post
Excuse me?

Old 06-28-2014, 01:47 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,500,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruhms View Post
Well then I guess it would follow, using that stupid logic, that the more children you have, the higher the moral ground you'd be standing on then.

You up there on the steep slope of Everest looking down on the rest of us are you?

Old 06-28-2014, 01:50 PM

6,073 posts, read 4,755,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
They turn down people for lots of reasons.

On a day in which Christians are supposed be most charitable to those in need, a church turned away a poor family and atheists stepped up to help. Even as conservatives portray atheists as the villains in the supposed “war on Christmas,” in the end, they were the ones who acted Christ-like. And Wait is most grateful.
– Atheists Save Christmas For A Poor Family After Their Church Refused To Help Them

How many times have we heard of a priest refusing to give the Last Rites to a homosexual?
A bunch. If they won't help gays, they won't help atheists.
sounds similar to the "KFC tells girl attacked by dog to leave because she was scaring the customers" story.

Old 06-29-2014, 03:13 AM

1,250 posts, read 1,489,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Excuse me?
You heard me.

@BruSan

That's true if you think "doing" moral things or "being" moral is quantifiable and gives you the right to act that way if you hit a certain amount then sure. Says a lot if you really think that way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies