Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2014, 09:12 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,259,761 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Retired Now View Post
Lots of people I know have lots of children but make very little money. When I asked them why they had so many children when neither the mother or father made much money, they basically told me that money and income should not be a consideration when deciding how large your family is. They say children are a gift from God and if the children are born everyone should welcome them to the world and society will help support them. They believe that even though they are poor financially they have just as much right to bring lots of babies into the world as someone who is rich.

If you are parents would you agree that society (taxpayers) have a obligation to help bring up your children because our country needs a younger generation from all kinds of people (rich and poor)? Would your financial situation impact your decision to have a larger family? In other words, should only rich parents be able to have a very large family?

(* The other side would say that it is wrong to have babies if they know the taxpayer is going to support them)
It does not matter what you or anyone else thinks, the choice of couples to have children is their business and you along with everyone else should stay out of their bedroom, their vaginas and their lives and keep your opinions to yourself.

I think the better question would be:

Is it morally wrong to dictate and judge how others live their lives when your own life needs tended to first?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2014, 09:13 AM

7,474 posts, read 7,036,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
IMO.....if you can not support children......you should not have them.
Basically, yeah.

I can forgive the people who end up poor through no fault of their own and thus have kids they could once afford, but the people who have always been dirt poor and still feel a "right" to have a pile of kids... well, that's just irresponsible and bad for the children, too.

Old 06-24-2014, 09:14 AM

3,216 posts, read 2,232,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
It does not matter what you or anyone else thinks, the choice of couples to have children is their business and you along with everyone else should stay out of their bedroom, their vaginas and their lives and keep your opinions to yourself.

Is it morally wrong to dictate and judge how others live their lives when your own life needs tended to first?
How about you and others who agree with you pay for those children then?

Old 06-24-2014, 09:17 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,572,254 times
Quote:

so, anyone concerned about the financial consequences of having to pay for people who can't support their numerous kids is 'in their vaginas' and should keep their opinions to themselves.

great googly moogly

Old 06-24-2014, 09:22 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,596,434 times
The Poverty-Industrial Complex® (brought to you by the Democratic party) is wholly dependent upon the creation of more poor people and keeping them poor.

As with most issues when dealing with Dems, morality is never a part of the equation. It's about them maintaining control.

Old 06-24-2014, 09:23 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,419,710 times
Quote:
Lots of people I know have lots of children but make very little money. When I asked them why they had so many children when neither the mother or father made much money, they basically told me that money and income should not be a consideration when deciding how large your family is. They say children are a gift from God and if the children are born everyone should welcome them to the world and society will help support them. They believe that even though they are poor financially they have just as much right to bring lots of babies into the world as someone who is rich.

If you are parents would you agree that society (taxpayers) have a obligation to help bring up your children because our country needs a younger generation from all kinds of people (rich and poor)? Would your financial situation impact your decision to have a larger family? In other words, should only rich parents be able to have a very large family?

(* The other side would say that it is wrong to have babies if they know the taxpayer is going to support them)
Frankly, I am beginning to think with all the selfish parents out there, that it's immoral to bring ANY child into this world the way it is.

Old 06-24-2014, 09:23 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,682,360 times
Quote:

The most basic excepted behavior in life, is to ensure you can provide for and care for you and yours.

There is a video of this single mother welfare queen with about six kids, claiming "someone has to do something" to feed, clothe and care for all her bastard children.

Old 06-24-2014, 09:27 AM

4,006 posts, read 6,041,088 times
Quote:

No, you're wrong. If people can't afford to take care of their children without govt assistance, then it is our business. Where do you think the govt gets the money to provide assistance? Taxes! That's money out of your and my pocket.

Old 06-24-2014, 09:28 AM

2,234 posts, read 1,759,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
The most basic excepted behavior in life, is to ensure you can provide for and care for you and yours.

There is a video of this single mother welfare queen with about six kids, claiming "someone has to do something" to feed, clothe and care for all her bastard children.
That, however, is not the norm, and I do not believe that she's the representative for all of the people who have been on welfare.

Old 06-24-2014, 09:29 AM

2,234 posts, read 1,759,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenniel View Post
No, you're wrong. If people can't afford to take care of their children without govt assistance, then it is our business. Where do you think the govt gets the money to provide assistance? Taxes! That's money out of your and my pocket.
No, you're wrong. They do not have the money to pay for it. They borrow the money to pay for it. Then they borrow the money to pay back the money they previously borrowed. China is paying for it, and not our taxes, so you are wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies