Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2014, 08:37 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,462,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Actually, I asked you first for the empirical evidence and research, and you haven't been able to come up with that. Since I asked you first, and you haven't been able to come up with it, your opinion remains exactly that, an opinion. If you don't like soccer, just say so. Don't make ignorant comments.
Since you clearly cannot provide any empirical evidence and research to demonstrate that soccer is a sport, it is obviously a deliberate lie which you manufactured. At least I have honest opinions. Your opinions are not honest.

Old 06-30-2014, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
I'll say this for soccer players: They are in shape! Kids, teens, men, and women alike. Maybe we'd all be better off if we spent some time on the chasing that black & white ball around the pitch.
So are kids, teens, men, and women who play hop-scotch. That still does not make it a sport.

Old 06-30-2014, 08:39 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,356,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Since you clearly cannot provide any empirical evidence and research to demonstrate that soccer is a sport, it is obviously a deliberate lie which you manufactured. At least I have honest opinions. Your opinions are not honest.
Is hockey a sport in your view???

Old 06-30-2014, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Ms Coulter is like most media, say anything to be noticed. Soccer is the largest sport in the US in terms of participation.

It is great for kids and teens as it can be played anywhere. It is great for fitness and can lead to the ability to participate in other (track,football) sports.
And the least watched game in the US. Even the game of golf is more exciting than watching small children, women, and girly-men running around on a field of grass.

Calisthenics "is great for fitness and can lead to the ability to participate in other sports," that does not make calisthenics a sport.

Old 06-30-2014, 08:46 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,378,980 times
Quote:
So are kids, teens, men, and women who play hop-scotch. That still does not make it a sport.
Not interested in arguing one way or the other about whether or not it's a sport. All I wanted to point out is the pursuit of soccer creates a very healthy and fit body. This is something I think our nation could use more of.

Old 06-30-2014, 08:50 AM

57,317 posts, read 26,236,916 times
Quote:
I already posted my definition. A sport is baseball, basketball, and football. Athletes are those who play sports. If they are playing a game, like soccer, golf, or Monopoly, they are not athletes.
What is your specific definition of a sport, why is baseball a sport while soccer is not.

Define athlete.

Old 06-30-2014, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Is hockey a sport in your view???
Yes, hockey is a sport. I played it briefly when I lived in Minnesota, but not with an organized team. Just a bunch of us neighborhood kids. Once my ankles got strong enough, it was rather fun to play. It is not a sport I care to watch however.

As a matter of fact, I watch very few sports. I prefer to play them. There are exceptions, however. If you get athletes of the caliber of Michael Jordan, "Magic" Johnson, etc., etc., that makes those games much more interesting and enjoyable to watch.

Old 06-30-2014, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
What is your specific definition of a sport, why is baseball a sport while soccer is not.

Define athlete.
Good point.......that is why I asked about hockey.

Old 06-30-2014, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Yes, hockey is a sport. I played it briefly when I lived in Minnesota, but not with an organized team. Just a bunch of us neighborhood kids. Once my ankles got strong enough, it was rather fun to play. It is not a sport I care to watch however.

As a matter of fact, I watch very few sports. I prefer to play them. There are exceptions, however. If you get athletes of the caliber of Michael Jordan, "Magic" Johnson, etc., etc., that makes those games much more interesting and enjoyable to watch.
Isn't hockey just soccer on ice????

Old 06-30-2014, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Not interested in arguing one way or the other about whether or not it's a sport. All I wanted to point out is the pursuit of soccer creates a very healthy and fit body. This is something I think our nation could use more of.
Must sports and games require a healthy and fit body to be played properly. Maybe if people were not so deathly afraid of contact sports kids would play more of them. Instead we have parents and teachers banning games like dodge-ball and any other physical activity that might involve physical contact. Thanks to teachers, and overly protective parents we have a generation of fat slobs who avoid human contact.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies