Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2014, 06:57 AM

5,563 posts, read 4,265,533 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me007gold View Post
When you are in a public place you have no right to privacy. If you have a problem with someones actions you ask/tell them to stop, you don't hit them in the face multiple times while calling them a white mother****er. How do you protect your self from a camera? You walk away.

Lets try this situation. A celebrity is walking down the street having their picture taken by the paparazzi. If the celebrity were to attack the photographer, would that make it okay? NO?!?! They why is this any different?

The First Amendment (Amendment I) to the United States Constitution prohibits the making of any law respecting an establishment of religion, impeding the free exercise of religion, abridging the freedom of speech

So yes I am okay with it.

Define normal? What would you have done? According to the story Anthony was carrying that night. If he wanted an excuse to shoot somebody that was a prefecty good one, yet he didn't, and kept his gun holstered
Huh. I didn't ask if it was legal. I asked if you personally approved it. Nice dodge -- apparently you do.

Old 07-05-2014, 07:01 AM

5,563 posts, read 4,265,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Note to Americans. If you are white you are not allowed to say anything negative about other people and point out their race if they happen to be a color other than white....especially if they are hispanic or black...but more so if they are black.

You race pc police are something else. No matter how colorful his comments were, no one would've thought twice if he didnt point out her skin color. How in the hell does that make it racist? Just like if you're attacked and you give a description, are you suddenly racist if skin color is mentioned? No.

There wasnt anything remotely racist about what he said. But go one, cheer, your pc bs got someone fired. Im sure you feel better about yourselves now.
I note that you're avoiding the question I asked of you specifically.

Do you approve of his undoubtedly misogyginistic language too? And how do you work that into the deeply-held religious beliefs that you post about all the time? Is the C word part of your Bible?

Old 07-05-2014, 08:51 AM

2,982 posts, read 4,103,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
So I'm guessing these days tweeting stuff is worse than assault?
I don't know about that, but I can say that I have yet to see someone make controversial remarks on Twitter and walk away from the experience looking good. There is sound reasons why Hall of Fame coaches like Bill Purcells banned his players from using it.

Seriously... If a potter makes pots, what does Twitter make?

Old 07-05-2014, 10:07 AM

32 posts, read 29,824 times
To those defending him, where's the proof of her assaulting him or calling him a "white mother****er"? Or is this just another case of fans/racism sympathizers defending someone they know was wrong?

Old 07-05-2014, 09:28 PM

17,599 posts, read 15,284,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me007gold View Post
The First Amendment (Amendment I) to the United States Constitution prohibits the making of any law respecting an establishment of religion, impeding the free exercise of religion, abridging the freedom of speech

So yes I am okay with it.
Noone restricted his ability to speak. He's just dealing with the consequences of what he said.

Let's go back on the past 13 or so years of similar 'free speech' arguments.

The Dixie Chicks. The whole embarrassed to be from Texas thing.. Radio Stations pulled their music.. Career as a group basically over at that point.

Don Imus.. "Nappy headed hos" comment. Wound up being fired.

The girl at Arlington Cemetery.. Fired. Remember that one? Nonprofit worker fired after photo scandal at Arlington National Cemetery | Fox News

Phil Robertson.. Gays being immoral. I actually thought his comments were stretched a bit by the media. I never took it to comparing being gay to bestiality, other than they were both immoral to him. Suspended for 7 or 10 days or so.. Then it was like nothing happened.

Don Sterling.. Forced to sell his NBA team.

There's probably more.. However.. The funny thing is, how many people who flip back and forth on the above.. They'll say the Dixie Chicks didn't deserve what happened to them, but Phil Robertson and Don Imus had it coming. Or vice versa.

You can't have it both ways. You, and anyone else, are free to say whatever you want.. But, especially if you're a public figure.. you're going to have to deal with the fallout from it.

That's how I stand on this one.. He said it, now he has to deal with it.

That being said. I think alot of this was an opportunity for cost cutting at SiriusXM. Last I heard, there were 2100 people threatening to cancel over the firing.. Gee, let's see.. $3M/year salary vs 2100 people at maybe $20/mo (Assuming internet charges and that everyone who threatens to cancel does).. That's half a million in subscription charges. Net savings.. $2.5 million dollars. And, they'll probably hope that Opie refuses to do a show without him.. Which saves them more money.

Anthony just handed them a nice cost cutting measure. That's all I think this is. But.. He stuck his foot in it and allowed it. And.. They're toxic once again. As a shock jock, you get fired from satellite radio, where you gonna go?

I think their contract was up in October as well. I noticed that Ron and Fez had moved off their channel.. Sounds like perhaps they were being wound down anyway.

Old 07-06-2014, 06:46 AM

452 posts, read 682,321 times
Bottom line, this is just another case of reverse discrimination. If a white woman attacked Al Sharpton, his Tweets would be etched in stone documenting the black struggle and the woman will now be serving 10-20 for assault.

Old 07-06-2014, 08:07 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,543,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninties View Post
To those defending him, where's the proof of her assaulting him or calling him a "white mother****er"? Or is this just another case of fans/racism sympathizers defending someone they know was wrong?
This^^^^

There was ZERO proof that the woman did any of the things that Anthony Cumia claimed. No police report. No pics of his injuries. No witnesses of the incident. Nothing.

He did however discredit himself with his own pictures which proved that he was taking pictures of black women and NOT the scenery in Times Square. He also did not take pictures of his alleged injuries which I find to be rather odd considering that he claims that the woman really beat him up.

No, Anthony Cumia got caught. He was walking around Times Square being a perv and harassing women. His own pictures prove that point. His racist and sexist Twitter rant just showed him for what he truly is...a misogynist and a racist.

Old 07-06-2014, 02:16 PM

4,361 posts, read 7,181,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.Trips View Post
Bottom line, this is just another case of reverse discrimination. If a white woman attacked Al Sharpton, his Tweets would be etched in stone documenting the black struggle and the woman will now be serving 10-20 for assault.
In order to have someone charged with assault, you have to file a police report (which he didn't do). You don't take to Twitter and heave every name in the book at the person. The bottom line is that a well-known, racially charged "shock jock" decided that he would stir the pot. Well, his antics backfired. You can say whatever you want, but you have to assume the consequences for what you say. My guess is that Sirius has been looking for a way to get rid of this guy for a while now as this is not the first time he has fired off a racially charged rant on Twitter. Given his reluctance to file charges, I'll also assume that his story is not the full story.

Old 07-06-2014, 02:21 PM

4,160 posts, read 5,624,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland_Collector View Post
In order to have someone charged with assault, you have to file a police report (which he didn't do). You don't take to Twitter and heave every name in the book at the person. The bottom line is that a well-known, racially charged "shock jock" decided that he would stir the pot. Well, his antics backfired. You can say whatever you want, but you have to assume the consequences for what you say. My guess is that Sirius has been looking for a way to get rid of this guy for a while now as this is not the first time he has fired off a racially charged rant on Twitter. Given his reluctance to file charges, I'll also assume that his story is not the full story.

I would have to agree...if that happened to me...I'd be at the police station in a second. I personally believe there's more to the story as well.
Yes it's free speech but when you are in the spotlight..you deal with the consequences as we have seen numerous times (Dixie Chicks, guy at Chick Fil A drive through).....

Old 07-06-2014, 02:28 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,301,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChestRockwell View Post
Explicit...nsfw language (text)

http://www.buzzfeed.com/rachelzarrel...calls?s=mobile

This is all I really have to say about it...at least until some video surfaces. Or more details come out.

This woman did not just get "caught" in the pic...

He was taking pics of her.
I don't know this guy or what happened, but his choice to make this incident, which we don't even know if he is telling the truth, about black people is dumb and racist.

Also his name calling tirade was extremely disturbing and unnecessary and deliberate. All of the c word's and calling of animals, the wishing of death, there is something wrong with that dude.

Let me guess he is a new hero to conservatives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies