Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2014, 08:27 PM

3,147 posts, read 3,503,364 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
You are making this much too complicated, continue to philosophize rather than answer a few simple questions.

Let all "peaceful" people decide which laws they will obey, great concept. Maybe you should be in charge of enforcing laws rather than typing on a keyboard with your great understanding of the issues at hand. Maybe you could start by explaining to store owners why all panhandlers should be allowed to sell goods in front of their businesses.

No, it is simply too complicated for you to comprehend apparently. Again, read the suggested works, your idea of what liberty means is SOOOOOOOOOO far off base that it is laughable. The ideas of liberty don't say people get to "choose what laws they obey".

At this point you are arguing against a concept that it is VERY clear that you are completely ignorant to. You are just making things up and pretending they are the concepts of liberty...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2014, 05:30 AM

4,049 posts, read 2,742,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Look at the video again, he was resisting, he refused to put his hands behinnd his back. What should the cops have done when he refused to comply, walk away. It was not a crime, just a very unfortunate situation.

What you say "it was not crime but, an unfortunate situation" I call Murder. I also find it disturbing how quickly some people accept this behavior by those hired to protect & serve.
It's disgusting!

Old 07-22-2014, 05:40 AM

4,006 posts, read 6,040,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander_Crews View Post
WRONG!

Taking somebody against their will is an act of violence, period. You might think it was justified, but taking a person and putting them in a cage without their express permission is an act of violence.

Selling cigarettes to consenting individuals is a peaceful action.

What country are you from?
So, according to your logic, I should be able to walk into my local 7-11, grab a Gatorade out of the cooler and walk out. Hey, I'm being peaceful, not hurting anyone, not bothering anyone, just didn't feel like paying the $1.50.
victimless crime, right?

Old 07-22-2014, 05:43 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenniel View Post
What country are you from?
So, according to your logic, I should be able to walk into my local 7-11, grab a Gatorade out of the cooler and walk out. Hey, I'm being peaceful, not hurting anyone, not bothering anyone, just didn't feel like paying the $1.50.
victimless crime, right?
If it's determined that the officer did nothing wrong by using the choke hold, then yes you should be able to. Those entrusted to uphold the laws must also live by the laws. If not things start really falling apart.

Old 07-22-2014, 05:44 AM

4,006 posts, read 6,040,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I want to know what everyone thinks he was arrested for. At what point in that video did an officer tell him he was under arrest and why.

He may have had 30 other arrests or convictions, but on that day, at that particular time, what, exactly, was he being arrested for?

You all keep saying, "he shouldn't have resisted arrest"....WHAT arrest? FOR WHAT?
If someone has been arrested for something 30 times and hasn't learned their lesson, well, I don't know what to tell ya. Maybe the cops just got fed up with this guy breaking the law.

Laws are laws, whether you personally agree with them or not, it doesn't matter. Break the law, pay the consequence.

Old 07-22-2014, 06:54 AM

Quote:
If someone has been arrested for something 30 times and hasn't learned their lesson, well, I don't know what to tell ya. Maybe the cops just got fed up with this guy breaking the law.

Laws are laws, whether you personally agree with them or not, it doesn't matter. Break the law, pay the consequence.
Absolutely DESPICABLE! Cops DO NOT have the authority to kill people because "they just got fed up with the guy breaking the law."

It is like you people don't believe in due process of ANY kind!

Old 07-22-2014, 08:17 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times
Quote:

The cops being "fed up" with someone does not give them the right to arrest them. "Irritating the cops" is not a crime. WHAT LAW was he breaking, on that day, at that time?

Old 07-22-2014, 09:25 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,361,392 times
Why is it that so many self-procalimed conservatives who wave the flag of freedom are so supportive of the murder of citizens by militarized authoritarian police forces?

Old 07-22-2014, 01:18 PM

I can't believe the state worshiping cop apologists! Everybody should have this reaction:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wG59D9drJGY

Old 07-22-2014, 01:28 PM

19,844 posts, read 12,106,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander_Crews View Post
I can't believe the state worshiping cop apologists! Everybody should have this reaction:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wG59D9drJGY
Grandpa needs therapy. He's going to give himself a heart attack.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies