Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2007, 09:50 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,485,000 times

Advertisements

There is no safety for honest men except by believing all possible evil of evil men.
-- Edmund Burke

We have long gone beyond the level of Trust, but Verify with this administration...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2007, 09:51 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,135,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PPG View Post
I can't believe that people are in favor of secretly destroying important documents of any kind. No wait, this is the new america, I can believe it. Just as long as they are in favor if the gov destroyed the documents saying they paid they're taxes. Yeah, thats what I thought.
Last I checked, they were not destroyed "secretly".. After all, if it was such a secret, the whole world wouldnt hav eknow they existed.

I do think the tapes should have been preserved though, after all, we're not talking about interogating granny here. It could have provided valuable training material on how to actually interrogate people out to kill us.

Old 12-22-2007, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post
Who would be the authority or an authority that would convince people that this Administration is tainted, as tainted as Nixon's in the 70s.

How many people with credible information will be disputed?

Here's an article where a CIA analyst says evidence is sufficient to impeach:

http://www.fosters.com/apps/pbcs.dll...S_01/507359195

Here's an article from a respected, former Congresswoman, and someone who was directly involved in Watergate, namely, Elizabeth Holtzman:

http://www.thenation.com/doc/20060130/holtzman

Are we so blind that even in the light of growing evidence, we continue to support the President, his Administration, his treatment of an insurgency, his disrespect for the Constitution, his blatant disregard for the voting public and his international peers.

Are we waiting for another Krystalnacht before we take action?
How much money was he paid to give this anti Bush speach?

As for his statement
"Don't let anyone tell you the President was deceived by false intelligence ... they knew," McGovern said.

MOD CUT

Last edited by NewToCA; 12-22-2007 at 11:02 AM.. Reason: Clinton would be a separate discussion, this isn't about his time in office

Old 12-22-2007, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
Oh please! People in his administration outed a CIA agent! His VP shot a lawyer! They started a war based on phony information!

Bush is the original TEFLON President!! Nothing sticks to him!

(I'm starting to feel like we've been STUCK with him for YEARS!! I hope to God that he doesn't plan to stick around any longer than 8 years!!)

(I just felt like screaming a bit more!)
haha, you didnt honestly use the VP shooting the lawyer while hunting as EVIDENCE for an impeachment did you? haha..

Old 12-22-2007, 10:01 AM

9,725 posts, read 15,175,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
I hope you can understand that when using an example like Krystalnacht, some people might think that you are implying that the Bush administration was planning to find a segment of the population to scapegoat, terrorize, destroy their homes and livelihoods, and then send them and their children to concentration camps where they would be gassed by the millions, their skin, teeth, and hair harvested, and the world plunged into total war involving the deaths of tens of millions of people.

Unless there is some evidence that such plans are in the works, it might serve us all better to tone down the rhetorical flourishes with which we denigrate the Bush White House.
Harvesting skin, teeth and hair? Why those particular items?

Would the hair be for hair transplants?

Old 12-22-2007, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Fine, but then also Clinton should have been Impeached AGAIN, after all, Even Clinton Attacked Iraq using the same intelligence.
Yellow-cake? Aluminum tubes? Drone aircraft? Attacks in 45 minutes? I don't recall hearing about those in 1998. Oh, but of course you said intelligence. All of those things were actually just stuff that Bush and the boys made up...

Old 12-22-2007, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
Yellow-cake? Aluminum tubes? Drone aircraft? Attacks in 45 minutes? I don't recall hearing about those in 1998. Oh, but of course you said intelligence. All of those things were actually just stuff that Bush and the boys made up...
I didnt realise Bush was making stuff up during the Clinton administration, please explain to me how that happened.

Of course no one remembers Clinton ordering attacks upon Iraq, December 16th, 1998

http://www.cnn.com/ALLPOLITICS/stori...s/clinton.html

"Saddam (Hussein) must not be allowed to threaten his neighbors or the world with nuclear arms, poison gas or biological weapons," Clinton said.

"Their mission is to attack Iraq's nuclear, chemical and biological weapons programs and its military capacity to threaten its neighbors," said Clinton.

Old 12-22-2007, 10:07 AM

9,725 posts, read 15,175,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
This latest scandal will no doubt be added to the already 60 ft long list of Bush scandals and may serve some future generation as an object lesson we were too afraid to address.

They should print this list on toilet paper. I sense that they could sell millions of rolls.

Old 12-22-2007, 10:39 AM

Quote:
I didnt realise Bush was making stuff up during the Clinton administration, please explain to me how that happened.
Did I misinterpret your claim that Clinton used the same intelligence in 1998 as Bush did in 2003? Or are you now recognizing that, well, no he didn't.

Quote:
Of course no one remembers Clinton ordering attacks upon Iraq, December 16th, 1998
Hmmm...Operation Desert Fox. Actually, Dec 16-19, 1998. Begun as soon as the UNSCOM inspectors could be pulled so they wouldn't be blown up. Why would you think that people's memories are so short as to not recall major events of a mere nine years ago?

Quote:
"Saddam (Hussein) must not be allowed to threaten his neighbors or the world with nuclear arms, poison gas or biological weapons," Clinton said.

"Their mission is to attack Iraq's nuclear, chemical and biological weapons programs and its military capacity to threaten its neighbors," said Clinton.
The Nazi masters of Germany have made it clear that they intend not only to dominate all life and thought in their own country, but also to enslave the whole of Europe, and then to use the resources of Europe to dominate the rest of the world.
-- FDR, December 1940

Time for Bush to attack Germany? Or would it be better to have some actual sense of the place right now before we go off on the launching of pre-emptive invasions?

Old 12-22-2007, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
Did I misinterpret your claim that Clinton used the same intelligence in 1998 as Bush did in 2003? Or are you now recognizing that, well, no he didn't.

Hmmm...Operation Desert Fox. Actually, Dec 16-19, 1998. Begun as soon as the UNSCOM inspectors could be pulled so they wouldn't be blown up. Why would you think that people's memories are so short as to not recall major events of a mere nine years ago?

The Nazi masters of Germany have made it clear that they intend not only to dominate all life and thought in their own country, but also to enslave the whole of Europe, and then to use the resources of Europe to dominate the rest of the world.
-- FDR, December 1940

Time for Bush to attack Germany? Or would it be better to have some actual sense of the place right now before we go off on the launching of pre-emptive invasions?
MOD CUT there is a 58 year difference between FDR's actions and Clintons, and a 60 year difference between the time of those actions and bombs away.

Show me where Iraq changed their policies under Clinton vs Bush and you might have an argument, until then, last I checked their policies never changed and they were still murdering the innocent and were still being accused world wide of having WMD's..

Completely ignore all of those UN resolutions because its convenient for you? How about we compare the UN votes to attack under both administrations.. I'd love to but, thats right.. Clinton never had a vote, he thought he could do what he wanted. He was special.

Last edited by NewToCA; 12-22-2007 at 11:06 AM.. Reason: personal comments
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies