Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2014, 03:12 AM

6,205 posts, read 7,464,761 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWillys View Post
Israel are occupiers of Gaza that was agreed to be Palestinian land. To somehow think Israel is an innocent victim is complete hogwash.
Have you been living under a stone? What occupation? are you so in love with the word that you cannot stop using it, or you believe that repeating an incorrect statement makes it true?
Israel left Gaza, withdrew all troops and dismantled civilian settlements. Since they left, security deteriorated for all.
Q: why would Israel initiate a war these days? There is nothing to win. All recent battles were started by Hamas who are proud of it. (But now, following latest events Israel may reoccupy Gaza and bring some quiet to both populations).

Old 08-16-2014, 03:34 AM

66 posts, read 67,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryCarr View Post
If I had neighbors who continually threw rocks at my house and then went and hid among their kids, sometimes still throwing rocks at me while hiding among them, why should they get a free pass from me when I get tired of the constant harassment and decide to strike back? Their kids should be the ones who tell their parents not to hide among them and terrorize the guy next door.

Absolutely no sympathy for Hamas and only feel sorry for the civilians who are afraid to tell the idiots not to hide among them, shoot from hospital windows, or run and hide in places of worship when their neighbor decided to fight back.
You made me laugh:kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk. Anyway, this fighting will not end even if you guys stop fund raising the two sides. What will happen is that, it will lead us to a bigger world war where two religions will have to fight. But those who understand that religion is not important but all what matters is living a good life with neighbors, loving one another, forgiving etc will thrive in life.

Old 08-16-2014, 12:37 PM

43,689 posts, read 44,435,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWillys View Post
Israel are occupiers of Gaza that was agreed to be Palestinian land. To somehow think Israel is an innocent victim is complete hogwash. The blind US support of Israel is only supported, because of the First Testament tie to Christianity, and the real lack of separation of church and state the was the real intent of our constitution. Had Christianity been tied to the Koran we'd be dropping bombs on Israel.

Gaza Strip - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Israel has not occupied Gaza since 2005. Egypt has a land border with Gaza as well as Israel so one can't claim honestly that Israel controls every entrance & exit to Gaza.

Old 08-16-2014, 05:17 PM

19,029 posts, read 14,219,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by modernist1 View Post
That may be the case, but how do you think Palestinian Christians feel about Israel? Israel, founded based on religion, is part of the problem.
Oh really? The Israeli government encourages beheadings, honor killings, and jihad against Christians in Israel?
Thank you for the heads up.

Old 08-16-2014, 06:09 PM

18 posts, read 32,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
What is deceptive is the concept of there being a Palestinian Arab people that have been misplaced after living in the area for generations.
Washington Report on Middle East Affairs - Zionism at 100: The Myth of Palestine as "A Land Without People"

Zionism at 100: The Myth of Palestine as "A Land Without People" By Allan C. Brownfeld
Those who are commemorating Zionism's 100th anniversary would do well to consider the essential flaw in the thinking of those who embarked upon the creation of a new state in a land already populated by others. While some Jews continued to live in Palestine since their original entrance circa 1000 B.C., in contemporary times the Jewish population at the time of the Balfour Declaration in 1917 was a mere 7 percent of the 700,000 inhabitants.

The Expulsion of the Palestinians, 1947-1948 (by Robin Miller) - Media Monitors Network

The Expulsion of the Palestinians, 1947-1948 by Robin Miller

Completing the process of dispossession, Israel took control of land owned by the Arabs whom it would not allow to return. Before 1948, Jews owned only 1.5 million of the 26 million dunams of land in Palestine. (A dunam, the local measure of land area, is a quarter-acre.) After the eviction of the Palestinians, Israel controlled 20 million dunams, an increase from 6% to 77% of the total. They simply stole an entire country.

Moshe Dayan, Israeli war hero, described this reality succinctly in a 1969 speech: "Jewish villages were built in the place of Arab villages. You do not even know the names of these Arab villages, and I do not blame you because geography books no longer exist; not only do the books not exist, the Arab villages are not there either. ... There is not one single place built in this country that did not have a former Arab population."

Old 08-16-2014, 06:29 PM

18 posts, read 32,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oberon_1 View Post
Have you been living under a stone? What occupation? are you so in love with the word that you cannot stop using it, or you believe that repeating an incorrect statement makes it true?
Israel left Gaza, withdrew all troops and dismantled civilian settlements. Since they left, security deteriorated for all.
Q: why would Israel initiate a war these days? There is nothing to win. All recent battles were started by Hamas who are proud of it. (But now, following latest events Israel may reoccupy Gaza and bring some quiet to both populations).
If I believed for a moment that Jews, like you, could actually be so duped by your own people into believing the lies you purport to believe, so as not to be able to resist or rebel, then I might feel a twinge of pity that you were so mentally and spiritually abused. But I don't. Which leaves only that you're choosing to mouth the myths that many see through but few acknowledge.

Old 08-16-2014, 10:21 PM

2,220 posts, read 2,803,430 times
The bogus doctrine of "proportional response" summed up in one former TV show. Even the uber-liberal President character gets it:

https://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnm...type=2&theater

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtrX9rZl-j4

Old 08-18-2014, 11:53 AM

19,029 posts, read 14,219,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterMorn View Post
Washington Report on Middle East Affairs - Zionism at 100: The Myth of Palestine as "A Land Without People"

Zionism at 100: The Myth of Palestine as "A Land Without People" By Allan C. Brownfeld
Those who are commemorating Zionism's 100th anniversary would do well to consider the essential flaw in the thinking of those who embarked upon the creation of a new state in a land already populated by others. While some Jews continued to live in Palestine since their original entrance circa 1000 B.C., in contemporary times the Jewish population at the time of the Balfour Declaration in 1917 was a mere 7 percent of the 700,000 inhabitants.

The Expulsion of the Palestinians, 1947-1948 (by Robin Miller) - Media Monitors Network

The Expulsion of the Palestinians, 1947-1948 by Robin Miller

Completing the process of dispossession, Israel took control of land owned by the Arabs whom it would not allow to return. Before 1948, Jews owned only 1.5 million of the 26 million dunams of land in Palestine. (A dunam, the local measure of land area, is a quarter-acre.) After the eviction of the Palestinians, Israel controlled 20 million dunams, an increase from 6% to 77% of the total. They simply stole an entire country.

Moshe Dayan, Israeli war hero, described this reality succinctly in a 1969 speech: "Jewish villages were built in the place of Arab villages. You do not even know the names of these Arab villages, and I do not blame you because geography books no longer exist; not only do the books not exist, the Arab villages are not there either. ... There is not one single place built in this country that did not have a former Arab population."
And at no time did Muslim invaders warn their Muslim brothers to not help defend against the invasion - ahem - liberation, and not encourage them to abandon the imminent battlefield lest Muslim kill Muslim.

Yup. Must be true 'cause it's on the internet.

Old 08-18-2014, 12:34 PM

6,205 posts, read 7,464,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterMorn View Post
If I believed for a moment that Jews, like you, could actually be so duped by your own people into believing the lies you purport to believe, so as not to be able to resist or rebel, then I might feel a twinge of pity that you were so mentally and spiritually abused. But I don't. Which leaves only that you're choosing to mouth the myths that many see through but few acknowledge.
You seem so "duped" that cannot respond to anything concrete. The first question is a logic one: what can Israel's interest be in starting these battles?
Fact: Israel has both military and civilian presence in the West Bank, but none in Gaza. Why would they initiate a war now? Who benefits from that? Who benefits from many casualties? Answering that will help you discover factual truth, not "myths".
Spiritually abused? Is this a joke? Israel has nothing to do with Gaza for the last 8 years. Abuse can only be by those who rule Gaza and bring disaster after disaster on their people.

Last edited by oberon_1; 08-18-2014 at 01:37 PM..

Old 08-18-2014, 05:31 PM

2,220 posts, read 2,803,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoopLV View Post
So far, this is the only response in this entire thread which I agree with. The current situation in the Middle East is a wound which will never heal. Our foreign aid serves only to prolong the misery -- and makes us a target for fanatics.

We are accomplishing nothing good with our current course. Time to change course.
Here is a blogger you might like, ScoopLV:

Fred On Everything
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies