Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2014, 05:24 PM

10,864 posts, read 17,000,203 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Yeah, mmmhmmm, lets call it "mythology".
That's the best term for it. While there is dribs and drabs of historical accuracy in the Desert-Religion-Trilogy, it's mostly mythology. I look at it no differently than I do accounts of Zeus, Quezacotl or Thetans, for that matter. It's all the same nonsense with different gift wrapping.

Quote:
Point is, there were no "Palestinians", that name was given to the Jews by the Romans. If they want the fighting to stop, all the "Palestinians" have to do is quit being nasty and live in peace. You stir the hornets nest, youll get stung.

And if you hunt upthread a bit, you can read my point that the Roman administrators dismissed the entire region as hopelessly violent -- with squabbling sects taking time off from killing each other only to kill Romans.

This has been going on for millennia. The best we could possibly do for that region is leave them alone and let them kill each other in peace.

Old 08-11-2014, 07:41 PM

5,989 posts, read 6,786,737 times
The same way that we left Afghanistan alone before 9/11/01 so that they could kill each other in peace? Yeah, that worked out really well for us.

Old 08-11-2014, 07:55 PM

10,864 posts, read 17,000,203 times
9/11 was conducted mostly by Saudi Arabian citizens operating out of the United States.

Staying out of the hornet's nest in the Middle East in the first place might have made 9/11 just another day, and not a national day of memorial.

Old 08-11-2014, 08:32 PM

2,280 posts, read 4,517,988 times
Quote:
I move into a neighborhood/land my relatives had owned long before. However, the neighbors are mad because I moved back into a place I rightfully lay claim to. I set up my home, all in peace. Several of my neighbors attack me and my children on many fronts, all at once. I beat them back and stay put. Everyday my neighbors launch harmful objects at my house, often shooting them under the cover of night, from different areas throughout the neighborhood, to lessen their chances of getting caught. When I rightfully confront them with force on the issue, they hide behind their women and children, knowing full well that when confrontation erupts, most likely their women/children will also be injured. These same neighbors want my whole family dead, simply because they dont like me. They tell the news reporters that Im the one who is being "unfair". They cry when their women and children are caught up in the melee. Oddly enough, the rest of my neighborhood sides with my hateful neighbors, all because I retaliate, and rightfully so. I just want to live in peace in a place my forefathers set aside for me.

Sound familiar?

What kind of fool thinks they have the right to say that they have the right to land that their relatives had owned long before if they weren't living there for hundreds of years? Especially when they feel they have the right to kick off the land any people who are not their relatives? Oh, boy, you just want to live in peace and the don't feel guilty about the thousands upon thousands of women and children you kill "just to defend yourself"? Oh, yes, it's because you have the right to defend yourself and well, it's not YOUR fault if you have to KILL women and children planted right next to Hamas fighters. You are justified. And they have no bomb shelters or safe place to go, but oh, you have NOTHING to do with it, no responsibility because, after all you are in danger. What an attitude. No, you are wrong. No one has to tell the media anything to get us to think you are cruel and heartless.

Old 08-12-2014, 05:28 AM

4,625 posts, read 12,299,513 times
Quote:
I move into a neighborhood/land my relatives had owned long before. However, the neighbors are mad because I moved back into a place I rightfully lay claim to. I set up my home, all in peace. Several of my neighbors attack me and my children on many fronts, all at once. I beat them back and stay put. Everyday my neighbors launch harmful objects at my house, often shooting them under the cover of night, from different areas throughout the neighborhood, to lessen their chances of getting caught. When I rightfully confront them with force on the issue, they hide behind their women and children, knowing full well that when confrontation erupts, most likely their women/children will also be injured. These same neighbors want my whole family dead, simply because they dont like me. They tell the news reporters that Im the one who is being "unfair". They cry when their women and children are caught up in the melee. Oddly enough, the rest of my neighborhood sides with my hateful neighbors, all because I retaliate, and rightfully so. I just want to live in peace in a place my forefathers set aside for me.

Sound familiar?
But you can't prove title, and are really a squatter, so you'll be forced from the property by the sheriff. Sound familiar?

Old 08-12-2014, 06:44 AM

5,544 posts, read 8,320,136 times
But it wasn't an existing neighborhood like you have down the street. The whole middle east was partitioned into new countries by the British and monarchies were created out of whole cloth. So why shouldn't the UN carve out one state for Israel?

Still you have a point about the squatters, but in this case it would be squatters ratified by the state as having rights to the property with a newly inked title.

Old 08-12-2014, 09:24 AM

6,205 posts, read 7,463,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martha Anne View Post
Here is my reply: I would not find it possible to send bomb after bomb after bomb over to the other side where the people have nowhere to hide, no iron dome, no shelter, nothing, knowing it is maiming and killing other children. Especially so many!!! I guess you feel you could.

Your last statement is tiresome and old. We all know what Hamas has been doing. Do you really think that the children and old and women have anything to say about this? Are you using the behavior of the Hamas to justify killing the innocent?
Tiresome?
If new elections were conducted today in Gaza, it's likely the same people would vote for the same Hamas once again...
Do you know how many civilians volunteered to host rockets, weapons or shelter fighters in their homes? Do you know how many private homes were used as access points to terror tunnels? You think in each case Hamas pointed AK-47s to people's heads? If so, you don't know Gaza...

Last edited by oberon_1; 08-12-2014 at 09:34 AM..

Old 08-12-2014, 10:47 AM

1,970 posts, read 2,710,811 times
Quote:
they have no bomb shelters
They would if Hamas built shelters instead of tunnels to attack Israel.

Old 08-12-2014, 11:47 AM

9,127 posts, read 9,381,258 times
One side values human life, but is willing to take it to defend itself when threatened. The other side doesn't value human life at all... on either side. I seriously doubt there will ever be a 'peaceful settlement' in the region. Religious beliefs, along with hatred & prejudice, are all that matters, even if there's no one left alive to believe in it.

Old 08-12-2014, 05:26 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,404,910 times
Quote:
What kind of fool thinks they have the right to say that they have the right to land that their relatives had owned long before if they weren't living there for hundreds of years? Especially when they feel they have the right to kick off the land any people who are not their relatives? Oh, boy, you just want to live in peace and the don't feel guilty about the thousands upon thousands of women and children you kill "just to defend yourself"? Oh, yes, it's because you have the right to defend yourself and well, it's not YOUR fault if you have to KILL women and children planted right next to Hamas fighters. You are justified. And they have no bomb shelters or safe place to go, but oh, you have NOTHING to do with it, no responsibility because, after all you are in danger. What an attitude. No, you are wrong. No one has to tell the media anything to get us to think you are cruel and heartless.
The Jews never left. I suggest you do some massive research on the issue before you comment. The Jews were expelled after being mistreated. Then they were massacred and mistreated and faced genocide elsewhere in the world. They came back to their land and lived in relative peace. Several times they were invaded with intent to be wiped out by several nations. By the grace of God they prevailed each time.

Funny thing was, West Bank and Gaza were "occupied" by Egypt and Syria. There was no "Palestine" then, and there certainly was no outcry by the "Palestinians". It was only until Israel fought and won their old land back that the "Palestinians" raised a stink. Before that, their land was useless uncultivated CRAP, because the arabs didnt care about it. Israel took it back and brought business and agriculture to the land, and actually, you know, MADE IT FRUITFUL.

Israeli's want to live in peace. However, the "Palestinians" and Hamas and Hezbollah want nothing more than genocide. Launching attacks on civilians, blowing up buses, pizzerias, etc, etc. But when the Israelis fight back, and your favored cowardly pu**ies hide behind their women, you get mad when THEIR civilians suffer some consequences for their offensive actions? Mind blown.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies