Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2014, 07:29 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,418,936 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWillys View Post
What do you call it when 2,700,000 people are displaced from their homes, and some were killed, maimed, assaulted, and raped by Orthodox Christians?
A little more to it than that: Religion in the Bosnian Conflict | International Center for Religion and Diplomacy

Religion was not a root cause, most of the leaders and either side were not even members of their ethnic groups religions, they were communists, strict communists, old hold outs form the Yugoslav era. The war was more about ethnic and nationalistic ideals than religion, but as the article in the link shows, it can be impossible sometimes to separate ethnicity from religion. However, religion was not a root cause of the Bosnian conflict except for the most extreme types, which would include supporters coming from Greece, Russia, Iran, and Hezbollah, but even the US military had its share of Christian fundamentalists thinking we are in some religious war.

And that is the big difference, Hamas has claims it is religious based in nature, not even nationalism. But in my opinion Hamas is not even about religion, just about the age old need to maintain power.

Quote:
Point is that there is evil in all religions. When you consider Jerusalem is the home city for their religion I can understand their anger, but not condone killing over it.

Ethnic cleansing in the Bosnian War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Actually, there is evil by those who want obtain and maintain power. States have committed horrific crimes against humanity for no religious reason at all. However, there is one common trait among all, and that is the need to obtain and/or maintain power.

Old 08-10-2014, 08:01 PM

2,280 posts, read 4,518,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ7 View Post
You are trying to blame Israel for Hamas' actions?
No, I am not.

Old 08-10-2014, 09:57 PM

2,280 posts, read 4,518,719 times
Quote:
You are trying to blame Israel for Hamas' actions?
I am blaming Israel for Israel's actions.

Old 08-10-2014, 10:08 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,894,387 times
nothing new about hamas and other groups using civilians to hid among.

Old 08-11-2014, 04:58 AM

4,625 posts, read 12,300,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
A little more to it than that: Religion in the Bosnian Conflict | International Center for Religion and Diplomacy

Religion was not a root cause, most of the leaders and either side were not even members of their ethnic groups religions, they were communists, strict communists, old hold outs form the Yugoslav era. The war was more about ethnic and nationalistic ideals than religion, but as the article in the link shows, it can be impossible sometimes to separate ethnicity from religion. However, religion was not a root cause of the Bosnian conflict except for the most extreme types, which would include supporters coming from Greece, Russia, Iran, and Hezbollah, but even the US military had its share of Christian fundamentalists thinking we are in some religious war.

And that is the big difference, Hamas has claims it is religious based in nature, not even nationalism. But in my opinion Hamas is not even about religion, just about the age old need to maintain power.

Actually, there is evil by those who want obtain and maintain power. States have committed horrific crimes against humanity for no religious reason at all. However, there is one common trait among all, and that is the need to obtain and/or maintain power.
Good try, but ethnic cleansing by Orthodox Christians of Muslims did occur, and was the topic of the link I posted. Read about ethnicity:

Ethnic group - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Most wars are about my god can beat up your god BS.

It was Muslims that were forced out. It wasn't race, or drug users, it was religion.

Old 08-11-2014, 08:31 AM
MJ7

6,221 posts, read 10,739,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martha Anne View Post
I am blaming Israel for Israel's actions.
Why blame Israel for trying to defend itself? If they wanted to kill innocent people they could easily have done better. They attacked Hamas rocket launching areas, it just so happens Hamas put those areas in high density populated areas, most of which were innocent children and elders. No way Israel is to blame for their deaths.

Old 08-11-2014, 08:55 AM

2,220 posts, read 2,803,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theoldnorthstate View Post
Is a hatred that goes beyond religion.

Maybe Jordan and Egypt can open their borders and take these innocent people in.
But they won't. And never have. Even those these people speak the same language and have the same culture.

Ever think about why that might be?

Meanwhile, Israel took in Jews purged from Arab Muslim lands.

Old 08-11-2014, 09:27 AM

8,726 posts, read 7,418,936 times
Quote:
Good try, but ethnic cleansing by Orthodox Christians of Muslims did occur, and was the topic of the link I posted. Read about ethnicity:

Ethnic group - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Most wars are about my god can beat up your god BS.

It was Muslims that were forced out. It wasn't race, or drug users, it was religion.
Not one single link you provide mentions anything regarding Orthodox Christians ethnically cleansing.

So please, provide a reference for your claim.

Funny how you concentrated on Serbs, but left out the Muslims and Catholics who were doing the same things to each other, your own link goes states things like the Muslim Bosniaks cleansing out the Croats.

Provided you probably never even been to the place, know anyone from there, nor ever even cared much for the situation until you needed at this moment, I doubt you really no much if anything regarding the conflict. Your own lack of understanding your own links proves this.

You probably had no clue that each of the armies involved contained a mixture of everyone in the conflict, the Bosnian and Herzegovinian army had Croats and Serbs in it, and the Serb army had Bosnians and Croats in it, and the Croatian army had Bosnians and Serbs in it. This conflict was a nationalistic drive due to the scramble for resources and power after Yugoslavia broke apart.

One key difference despite it all is that the conflict is over, and there are no ongoing, never ending conflicts going on there, unlike the Middle East where it just does not stop no matter what happens. If it is not the ISIS today, it will be some other group tomorrow, whereas the Balkans are now an improving area, tourist destination, and with even Serbia being now a candidate country for EU membership.

Old 08-11-2014, 09:30 AM

43,682 posts, read 44,435,568 times
Quote:
Why blame Israel for trying to defend itself? If they wanted to kill innocent people they could easily have done better. They attacked Hamas rocket launching areas, it just so happens Hamas put those areas in high density populated areas, most of which were innocent children and elders. No way Israel is to blame for their deaths.
This is a good article explaining the situation:
The 20 Oddest Things People Actually Claim to Believe about the Hamas/Israel Conflict

Old 08-11-2014, 09:35 AM

5,544 posts, read 8,321,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickB1967 View Post
But they won't. And never have. Even those these people speak the same language and have the same culture.

Ever think about why that might be?

Meanwhile, Israel took in Jews purged from Arab Muslim lands.
I know this.

My point of irony was to the bleating finger pointers to put talk to action, which of course they cannot.

Those who should take responsibility and resolve the big time situation are those who will not; and it isn't Israel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies