Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2014, 10:17 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,721,342 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWillys View Post
2011 Rasmussen poll indicates that 61% of Republicans support continued aid to Israel, despite the statements of libertarian Ron Paul (R-TX), “Godfather of the Tea Party”, who has been especially vocal on cutting Israel’s foreign aid. When it’s considered that, according to a spring 2010 Gallup poll, 62% of Tea Party supporters/Tea Partiers are conservative Republicans.
unilaterally cutting israel's aid is anti-semitism. bottom line, israel is the civilized society and their enemies are the animals. i wont agree to only cutting them off. id agree to cutting everyone's aid at once. then my only concern is the instability that could come. so i think we may need to wait until we wouldnt be hurt by a war over there.

Old 08-08-2014, 10:20 AM

1,970 posts, read 2,711,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHelmit View Post
Here we go...
Rockets fired into Israel as Gaza cease-fire expires - CNN.com

Noiw watch the media somehow turn this around and make Israel look bad when they defend themselves. Israel needs to annihilate these terrorists.
Yep, "CNN has learned that the IDF ordered Gazan civilians to stand around rocket launchers as Hamas fired them."

Old 08-08-2014, 10:22 AM

939 posts, read 795,969 times
Quote:
Does anyone really have to wonder why Muslims claim this as their land?

The area is also known as the Holy Land, being holy for all Abrahamic religions including Judaism, Christianity, Islam.

Israel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Why do we send tax dollars there, and only support one faction?
Does Wikipedia saying it make it factual?

Old 08-08-2014, 10:48 AM

25,584 posts, read 17,310,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaser199 View Post
Yep, "CNN has learned that the IDF ordered Gazan civilians to stand around rocket launchers as Hamas fired them."

So if you were a Palestinian, and a rocket was launched from your mosque or from your school, would you still attend service there or send you kids to school there?

No. You wouldn't. And neither would anyone else with his head screwed on right.

What is the answer? Are Palestinians in Gaza so blind that they do not see the rockets leaving? Do they not see the tunnel underneath the mosque? Do not notice the rockets stored in the school?

The answer, I think is that the people in Gaza badly underestimated the ferocity of the Israeli retaliation.
They should wake up every morning and thank Allah that I am not Israeli Prime Minister.

Old 08-08-2014, 11:05 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,631,426 times
Quote:
Are you sure?

2011 Rasmussen poll indicates that 61% of Republicans support continued aid to Israel, despite the statements of libertarian Ron Paul (R-TX), “Godfather of the Tea Party”, who has been especially vocal on cutting Israel’s foreign aid. When it’s considered that, according to a spring 2010 Gallup poll, 62% of Tea Party supporters/Tea Partiers are conservative Republicans.

The Tea Party-Israel Alliance - Tea Party Tribune - Tea Party Tribune
Yes, I'm sure. The TEA Party people I talk and interact with are very much in favor of ending foreign aid, including Israel.

One thing you don't seem to quite get is that there is no one TEA Party. I could care less the opinions of TEA Party people who call themselves TEA Party but are just Republicans trying to appear as something else.

What I consider a true TEA Party person to be is someone who desires true fiscal conservative principles. A true fiscal conservative would never want to give money from our treasury to another country for such reasons while we are over $17 trillion in debt.

Quote:
I initially supported the Tea Party until it became another arm for the Koch brothers objective in destroying the working class.

Both FreedomWorks and Americans for Prosperity have provided support for the Tea Party movement.

Political activities of the Koch brothers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
That's the think about the TEA Party, you're not beholding to the Koch brothers or anyone else, because you vote on principle not party line. It's why many establishment Republicans have lost primaries.

Who did you vote for in the last Presidential election? I bet if it were Obama, I can surely point out how he receives money from a whole bunch of corporations looking for and receiving political support.

BTW, do you think we should remove party designations and straight party voting from all general election ballots?

Old 08-08-2014, 11:25 AM

9,824 posts, read 11,558,468 times
Both Side where and always will be wrong imo.
But Hamas putting weapons into civilians zones, just to get compassion from the international community is getting really old really Quick.

Old 08-08-2014, 12:49 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,721,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
But Hamas putting weapons into civilians zones, just to get compassion from the international community is getting really old really Quick.
i side with 100% with Israel but i dont fault hamas for firing from civilian areas. the reality is that hamas enjoys support from the civilians. so they arent hostages, they feel hamas is fighting for them. also, hamas doesnt really have much choice. they are so militarily disadvantaged that they need to use unconventional methods to accomplish anything.

their goal is the total destruction of israel and mass slaughter of all its residents. you may not agree with that goal, but it is their goal and they should do everything they can to accomplish it.

or better yet, change their goal. but that aint happening.

Old 08-08-2014, 12:49 PM

3,468 posts, read 7,245,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
It gets old, but it is asymmetrical warfare. The weaker side, militarily, is doing what it has to do. The 'leadership' of the palis, is more than willing to sacrifice a few civilians for the cause. It all comes down to who can stand the heat the longest.

Old 08-08-2014, 01:18 PM

2,220 posts, read 2,803,430 times
Quote:
More current event GOP talking points. Interesting how you can work them in.
If you former Commiecrats turned Dhimmicrats were not so appeasing.....

Old 08-08-2014, 01:23 PM

2,220 posts, read 2,803,430 times
Quote:
No country has received more American tax dollars than Israel since WW2. That is a fact you cannot change. However, you'll complain about food stamps to American children, but support giving money to a foreign country. I'm sorry, but our intervention in creating Israel was a mistake we made years ago, and we'd be better off admitting it and walking away. Blind support for religious ideals is foolish in my opinion. My tax dollars being used for this silliness is crazy. I'd rather see my money help Americans than foreigners over an ideal you can't see touch or feel.

This topic is a GOP ideal whether you chose to admit it or not, and the post is showing your support.
Gee, care to know about the origins of said foreign aid? Namely, bribing Israel to make territorial concessions in the name of a phony "peace process" sponsored by you Dhimmicrats. And also bribing surrounding nations to make nice.

Israel is the #1 recepient of US foreign aid over the years. And number 2 is Egypt. And number 3 is Jordan. And even the Hamas savages are getting US foreign aid. So you might want to turn it *all* off, and the next time the Israelis "steal it fair and square" when the Muslim savages try to exterminate them, let Israel keep it as a buffer zone, a 21st century Sudetenland. Yes, you might want to study the historical analogy if you Dhimmicrats aren't too busy appeasing the savages.

Last edited by NickB1967; 08-08-2014 at 01:52 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies