Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2014, 10:54 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,022,110 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juram View Post
Quote:
Why armored vehicles in a Midwestern inner suburb? Why would cops wear camouflage gear against a terrain patterned by convenience stores and beauty parlors? Why are the authorities in Ferguson, Mo. so given to quasi-martial crowd control methods (such as bans on walking on the street) and, per the reporting of Riverfront Times, the firing of tear gas at people in their own yards? (“ ‘This my property!’ he shouted, prompting police to fire a tear gas canister directly at his face.”)
Where do people live that its apparently normal, everyday activity for pedestrians to be walking down the middle of the road? I keep seeing this come up, people are shocked (outraged even) that people aren't allowed to just impede the flow of traffic and walk down the middle of a road. Do you not have side walks where you live? Its a safety issue. There is no reason why a pedestrian needs to be walking in the way of motor vehicles.

Old 08-15-2014, 11:10 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,931,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWG223 View Post
Anyway, my city is run by Blacks. Mayor, police chief, etc. Blacks are still arrested 300% more often than the other population subsets.

I am sure many factors contribute. However, the facts are what they are. Blacks commit more crimes here. Period.
I am not buying what you are selling. Try selling it to people who don't live in all white areas like I do. America has a 13B/yr. shoplifting problem and it will remain that way because the Merchandise Retention people only shadow the black shoppers. My white ex used to laugh at them when they were following us in a store and tell them "he isn't who you should be watching". Indeed. I am sure during the time that every spotter the store had was busy watching me, $500 walked out the door uncontested. Hell the Inventory Control alarms go off all the time and no one does anything.

I've witnessed at close range black young men beaten to death for petty theft. One of them for jumping a turnstile in NYC. The fare at the time was $2.00. They grabbed this kid and beat him to death in front of dozens of witnesses. Another time was in a record store. Kid had stolen some CD's. They threw him up against the wall so hard they broke his neck. CD's were $12 each and he'd grabbed quite a few and probably deserved killing, but us witnesses should have gotten some kind of PTSD counseling because that thing really shook me up. I was maybe 20 and it was a long time before I got the sight of him flying through the air and impacting the wall and all the CD's flying and him just laying there with his head at a crazy angle.

So... yeah... black people steal and other things but you are smoking crack if you think that even if every single African American was 24/7 devoted to the task of fleecing America's retailers that we could move $35M worth of loot every day. To say nothing of the fact that a lot of the stuff black people steal gets recovered! When white people steal they actually get away with it! But don't let facts get in the way of your need for a bogeyman. So, if it makes you feel better, go ahead and believe that white people are incapable of petty or more serious criminality. The police will certainly help by completely ignoring anything criminal that white people do up to and including murder. Especially when the victim is black. Must be nice to have that kind of privilege.

H

Old 08-15-2014, 11:12 PM

3,106 posts, read 3,991,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
I am not buying what you are selling. Try selling it to people who don't live in all white areas like I do. America has a 13B/yr. shoplifting problem and it will remain that way because the Merchandise Retention people only shadow the black shoppers. My white ex used to laugh at them when they were following us in a store and tell them "he isn't who you should be watching". Indeed. I am sure during the time that every spotter the store had was busy watching me, $500 walked out the door uncontested. Hell the Inventory Control alarms go off all the time and no one does anything.

I've witnessed at close range black young men beaten to death for petty theft. One of them for jumping a turnstile in NYC. The fare at the time was $2.00. They grabbed this kid and beat him to death in front of dozens of witnesses. Another time was in a record store. Kid had stolen some CD's. They threw him up against the wall so hard they broke his neck. CD's were $12 each and he'd grabbed quite a few and probably deserved killing, but us witnesses should have gotten some kind of PTSD counseling because that thing really shook me up. I was maybe 20 and it was a long time before I got the sight of him flying through the air and impacting the wall and all the CD's flying and him just laying there with his head at a crazy angle.

So... yeah... black people steal and other things but you are smoking crack if you think that even if every single African American was 24/7 devoted to the task of fleecing America's retailers that we could move $35M worth of loot every day. To say nothing of the fact that a lot of the stuff black people steal gets recovered! When white people steal they actually get away with it! But don't let facts get in the way of your need for a bogeyman. So, if it makes you feel better, go ahead and believe that white people are incapable of petty or more serious criminality. The police will certainly help by completely ignoring anything criminal that white people do up to and including murder. Especially when the victim is black. Must be nice to have that kind of privilege.

H
I'm simply saying that FBI crime stats on murder etc. Are what they are. I live In a rather biracial town. Our black police chief is Inn charge of a force that mostly arrests blacks. But maybe the black mayor hasn't caught on to his black police chief arresting the wrong people due to his unjust bias?

This Isn't a debate about who could do what. It's just a sharing of facts. They are what they are. Sorry.

You saw a few people have outcomes which support your point...I'm sure we all have. Let's keep the big picture in mind though. I gave you a sample size of 14,000 arrests in my town.

Speaking of privilege...really? What about all of the money minorities are paid because of skin color? That's special...
Yet "white people can shoplift" is what you consider "a privilege"...wow. Stealing Is a privilege...okay...you're starting to shoot your foot here by telling us what you think is nice to be able to do...

Old 08-15-2014, 11:39 PM

Police kill hundreds of unarmed black men every year... up to 400 some years!!! They don't even bother to plant guns on them anymore. They just shoot them over trivial #$%#$ and let everybody get their rant on about it and acquit the shooter and rinse and repeat. If white men were being killed like this you would have the Mother of All Civilian Review Boards overseeing their activities. As it is I am hard pressed to find even one account of an unarmed white man being killed by police under questionable circumstances. Thousands of dead black men over the decades and possibly ZERO dead white men dead in that same time. Go ahead, explain that by reminding us of just how criminal black men are. Do that, and I will remind you that these men were unarmed and the fact that they were shot, usually many times, indicates that the officer(s) were not.

In really bad areas like where I grew up, you walk in the street because you can see and assess threats better. You can use a passing car to gain ground against a pursuer. I would do it at night if I had to be out late. What time did this shooting take place? I see the total unwillingness to let go of the notion that somehow this Michael Browne deserved to die. Well maybe not die, but the officer wasn't wrong for killing him... ... no, they never are are they. Did you know that there have been three other shootings of unarmed black men and one illegal chokehold killing of an unarmed black man in just this month?!!

Europe looks better and better with each passing day...

Old 08-15-2014, 11:41 PM

19,722 posts, read 10,124,301 times
Just wondering if anyone knew about the 20 year old unarmed white man that the police killed in Utah? No publicity for him. He apparently was shot because he had headphones on and couldn't hear them screaming at him. He had done nothing wrong.

Old 08-15-2014, 11:41 PM

10,275 posts, read 10,340,269 times
Quote:
I am not buying what you are selling.
If you don't believe govt. verified facts, then fine, but then there's no point in debating.

There is no real question that young African American males commit a wildly disproportionate amount of crime in the U.S., esp. violent crime. If you don't even agree on a point which is universally agreed upon by criminologists, researchers, community and law enforcement groups, then you're not living in reality.

Old 08-16-2014, 12:00 AM

Quote:
You saw a few people have outcomes which support your point...I'm sure we all have. Let's keep the big picture in mind though. I gave you a sample size of 14,000 arrests in my town.

Speaking of privilege...really? What about all of the money minorities are paid because of skin color? That's special...
Yet "white people can shoplift" is what you consider "a privilege"...wow. Stealing Is a privilege...okay...you're starting to shoot your foot here by telling us what you think is nice to be able to do...
Stealing? I'm talking about murder. Black people kill someone they go down for it. White people kill white people they go down for it. White people kill black people and they don't even get arrested. Thats the BIG picture. That's what this discussion is about. HUNDREDS of questionable killings of black men by white men with little or no consequences for the shooters. Black people are rank amateurs in this killing business. Very little style, just emotion and a lot of it fueled by hard circumstances. It should come as no surprise that black people kill each other and worse. But since you are so superior... can I ask you why white people kill each other? Cause their sure are a LOT of dumb and numerous white on white killings going down lately. What's up with that? Mothers killing their kids, fathers killing their families. And what about Corporate Malfeasance and all the deaths that result when deliberate actions are taken to delay repairs or improvements and these result in mass deaths? Blacks aren't near any of that. In your town blacks are responsible for 300% of the murders? And nationally? Just 52%. Which is awful of course but you have never been black. You cannot possibly understand. Not that it matters whether anybody understands. It is what it is. If it was going to change it would. Know this. It will never change. Blacks are the way they are because of hundreds of years of disenfranchisment. That doesn't get undone in a stroke because Obama was elected President. I will remind you of this from time to time as I see threads which attempt to pretend that they are unaware of the @$@#$ deal given to blacks and how they simply must just pull up their pants and stop this killing stuff because it is scaring the horses.

H

Old 08-16-2014, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
If you don't believe govt. verified facts, then fine, but then there's no point in debating.

There is no real question that young African American males commit a wildly disproportionate amount of crime in the U.S., esp. violent crime. If you don't even agree on a point which is universally agreed upon by criminologists, researchers, community and law enforcement groups, then you're not living in reality.
If white men (and women) were arrested anywhere near in proportion to their actual degree of criminality, you would see less wildly disproportionate amounts of arrests for criminal wrongdoing. Your need to believe that you are so much better than 'those people' is almost palpable. The question isn't why are black people so crime prone. The question is why are white people, with all the incredible advantages of white privilege criminals at all?

Old 08-16-2014, 12:24 AM

3,106 posts, read 3,991,373 times
Quote:
Stealing? I'm talking about murder. Black people kill someone they go down for it. White people kill white people they go down for it. White people kill black people and they don't even get arrested. Thats the BIG picture. That's what this discussion is about. HUNDREDS of questionable killings of black men by white men with little or no consequences for the shooters. Black people are rank amateurs in this killing business. Very little style, just emotion and a lot of it fueled by hard circumstances. It should come as no surprise that black people kill each other and worse. But since you are so superior... can I ask you why white people kill each other? Cause their sure are a LOT of dumb and numerous white on white killings going down lately. What's up with that? Mothers killing their kids, fathers killing their families. And what about Corporate Malfeasance and all the deaths that result when deliberate actions are taken to delay repairs or improvements and these result in mass deaths? Blacks aren't near any of that. In your town blacks are responsible for 300% of the murders? And nationally? Just 52%. Which is awful of course but you have never been black. You cannot possibly understand. Not that it matters whether anybody understands. It is what it is. If it was going to change it would. Know this. It will never change. Blacks are the way they are because of hundreds of years of disenfranchisment. That doesn't get undone in a stroke because Obama was elected President. I will remind you of this from time to time as I see threads which attempt to pretend that they are unaware of the @$@#$ deal given to blacks and how they simply must just pull up their pants and stop this killing stuff because it is scaring the horses.

H
People of all races commit unjust homicide for a plethora of reasons.

Notice I gave you arrest figures...not guilty verdicts. I do believe a bias exists in court for money, race, public office, etc. Especially with a murder trial and jury involved. That...I agree. Minorities, poor people, ugly people. It's not so good for them as others in court.

Arrests...300% more arrests in my town are black than white. With a 17.6% population bias for blacks. 52% of murders by 13% of the population is not about "understanding". You're right. I never have been black. I did grow up as a minority during highschool, being the only Caucasian and all in school where I went, and lived in an area where I was a distinct minority as well. But I wasn't black so I guess I don't get it, as you say. However...13% causing over 50%...what's to get? That's pretty ugly.

Let's talk about the bad raw deal given to blacks a minute...what raw deal do blacks In America have today? I would propose to you that the children of slaves live far better lives than their contemporary relatives in africa. With longer life spans and greater luxury (same for immigrants). Not excusing them selling their own people or the abuse they endured in America, but one of my black coworkers brought it up as a unique viewpoint to me one night.

Eta: I say onky Caucasian because many Mexicans are "white", but is digress. I am not fully up on how everything breaks down, but what I mean to convey is that I was the only white person there who was not able to trace his parents to another country.

Last edited by JWG223; 08-16-2014 at 12:48 AM..

Old 08-16-2014, 03:21 AM

1,915 posts, read 3,992,335 times
Quote:
Wait! Minorities are getting paid because of skin color? What....I'm Black and not getting any money! Where do I sign up? I didn't get that memo!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies