Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2014, 03:09 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,656,384 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Has this been mentioned yet?

How odd that only conservative news media are reporting that video. You can hardly hear what the man in the background is saying. If he even says something about "he was moving towards him" that could just as well have referred to the cop, because the other witnesses said the cop was running after Michael Brown.

34,300 posts, read 15,668,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
As far as getting shot in the top of the head, I really don't have any problem envisioning this scenario. Some seem to think this is an improbable outcome unless the officer was doing something nefarious. I disagree. If Brown did in fact reach for the officers gun, then that would have immediately triggered a physical reaction from the officer including an attempt to stop the aggression. I can easily envision some sort of physical altercation with Brown's head down and the officer acting to stop the aggression by actually using the gun. Two shots to the head from the top in an altercation (if there was one) is not hard for me to envision at all.
Seems quite brilliant on the surface, but how do you account for the other bullet wounds. Two to the head did it. A few more to get the full hamburger effect ?

86,052 posts, read 84,531,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
They key issue here is a big one: White racism against black people. This is the most pervasive, most shameful, most long-standing problem in this country. This cancer has existed in this country for centuries. It is even more shameful when the perpetrator is a white cop. Conservatives have no say in this matter, since their perspective is wholly racist. A group of hooded klansmen could hang a black teenager just because, in broad daylight, during rush hour, with plenty of witnesses, and Conservatives will find some justification for doing so. Conservatives are completely worthless with their ridiculous narrative in this instance...as usual.

It appears as if there is sufficient evidence, probable cause, to arrest that officer, and it should be done. If it is determined that he exceeded his authority, here in a gross manner, he should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. I think he should be charged with murder, 1st degree. Predetermination and deliberation were involved.

I think the rage expressed by those black resident, is wholly justified. A great injustice was done, and a black teenager was killed unnecessarily by someone who was sworn to protect citizens. This is a societal problem.
We all know you love Obama more than anything.
Obama just said not to prejudge an investigation before it's complete.

Old 08-18-2014, 03:10 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,722,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
How odd that only conservative news media are reporting that video. You can hardly hear what the man in the background is saying. If he even says something about "he was moving towards him" that could just as well have referred to the cop, because the other witnesses said the cop was running after Michael Brown.
How odd that NONE in the liberal media arn't.

Old 08-18-2014, 03:11 PM

3,515 posts, read 3,690,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post

It doesn't matter who's presenting it, the video can stand on its own. Not sure what's up with your hearing but I can make out what they are saying just fine for most of it and its clear that at one point, they state that Brown was specifically either coming back or going back towards the police officer.

Old 08-18-2014, 03:12 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,755,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Well it looks like Obama has learned his lesson. This is what he said at a press conference today.
My opinion is that Obama was told facts that we don't know about. He didn't go all TM with "If I had a son...."

.com/news/13702-ag-eric-holder-going-to-ferguson-obama-staying-away]AG Eric Holder Going to Ferguson, Obama Staying Away
Obama also suggested African American youth should be held accountable for their actions.

"There are young black men that commit crime," he said. "If they commit a crime then they need to be prosecuted."
Yet Obama wouldn't even go to the border, didn't send Holder but now he is sending Holder to Fergunson?

Old 08-18-2014, 03:12 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,868,263 times
Quote:
They key issue here is a big one: White racism against black people. This is the most pervasive, most shameful, most long-standing problem in this country. This cancer has existed in this country for centuries. It is even more shameful when the perpetrator is a white cop. Conservatives have no say in this matter, since their perspective is wholly racist. A group of hooded klansmen could hang a black teenager just because, in broad daylight, during rush hour, with plenty of witnesses, and Conservatives will find some justification for doing so. Conservatives are completely worthless with their ridiculous narrative in this instance...as usual.

It appears as if there is sufficient evidence, probable cause, to arrest that officer, and it should be done. If it is determined that he exceeded his authority, here in a gross manner, he should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. I think he should be charged with murder, 1st degree. Predetermination and deliberation were involved.

I think the rage expressed by those black resident, is wholly justified. A great injustice was done, and a black teenager was killed unnecessarily by someone who was sworn to protect citizens. This is a societal problem.
There is certainly a "societal problem" in this case. The societal problem that many young black men think is OK to rob a store, assault the store owner, disrespect and not obey police. Definitely a problem and this is where is gets the young black men....6 feet under the ground in a coffin. The societal problem that much of the black community fails to educate young black men on how to act in a civilized manner and think it is OK to loot and vandalize property that is not theirs.
Yep, I'd say there are a great deal of societal problems showing up in Ferguson.

Old 08-18-2014, 03:13 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,138,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Seems quite brilliant on the surface, but how do you account for the other bullet wounds. Two to the head did it. A few more to get the full hamburger effect ?
My theory also does not account for Brown charging the officer at full speed. There's a good chance my theory is not even close to true. Guess we'll find out one day.

518 posts, read 764,619 times
Quote:

I'm baffled by the immediate jump to the conclusion that this must be racist because the LEO was white and the victim was black.

Would we arrive at the same conclusion if the LEO was black? Or if the LEO was black and the victim was white?

How do we know, factually, that the LEO was a racist and that he specifically hates black people because they are black and that in this specific instance he was spurred by his racism to go ahead and shoot and kill Mr. Brown?

I'm pretty liberal in many other issues but this one I don't buy the public opinion yet. I'm awiting for more facts to come out before immediately condemning a LEO to a cold hearted racist when we only know his name and his involvement in this situation.

15,823 posts, read 12,474,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginmqi View Post
The autopsy fact has already come out that the kid was shot from the front and not the back so that takes away from the story that he as running away...also it takes away from the hands up story as well due to the shots to the top of the head.
Per this morning's media Q & A the entry wound on the back of the arm could have occurred while he was running away or while his hands were up. The shot at the top of the head as he was falling down or after he was prone on the sidewalk. Double tap.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies