Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2014, 07:58 PM

302 posts, read 196,657 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Please explain to me how statutory rape causes physical harm.
It can cause mental harm, which counts as physical. It also violates their rights, which is physical.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
If that is how or why you think rape is a crime, you are greatly mistaken.
At our rape/sexual assault center, many if not most victims don't have a scratch on them.
It is still a crime to fondle a kid or force penetration on a grown adult.
Again, violation of rights is physical.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2014, 08:29 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
Lucky sucker.

Who snitched? I would've made sure that the cat wouldn't have gotten out of the bag. No way.

Old 10-03-2014, 09:40 PM

1,490 posts, read 2,102,190 times
I heard the 16 y/o was instructing the teachers on how to spell "BBC". Lol...sorry. couldn't resist

Old 10-03-2014, 09:44 PM

2,887 posts, read 2,636,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Lucky sucker.

Who snitched? I would've made sure that the cat wouldn't have gotten out of the bag. No way.
Same here. Nobody but me and the 2 teachers would ever know that secret. Why screw up the good thing? This I will never understand yet given the human being's general propensity to failure and foul up not surprising in the least. Stupid, yes. Surprising, no, yet it should not be this way.

Old 10-03-2014, 10:46 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JobZombie View Post
Same here. Nobody but me and the 2 teachers would ever know that secret. Why screw up the good thing? This I will never understand yet given the human being's general propensity to failure and foul up not surprising in the least. Stupid, yes. Surprising, no, yet it should not be this way.
No doubt. I'm starting to realize just how precocious I was as a kid...I was WAY ahead of the curve from most people my age. Thank goodness my uncles, older cousins, and dad made me wise to the ways of the world. They didn't tolerate lames in their midst.

No way would I have messed this up. 2 teachers? Man...That was my fantasy. Lol

Old 10-03-2014, 10:57 PM

22,665 posts, read 24,614,838 times
In the true sense of the word, nobody in this story was "raped".

I think once a young adult reaches a certain age, say 13 or 14, male or female.....THEY can make decisions about who they want to boinky. BUT.....if you are an adult, in a position of power over people under 18, such as a student counselor or teacher, there should be laws against you having sex with these people.

These teacher should lose their teaching licenses for life.......prison, ummmm, nah.

And those daddies who gets absolutely FURIOUS when young daughter decided to boinky..........hum, there is something creepy, perverted and psycho-sexual about this attitude.

Old 10-04-2014, 12:29 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,739,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logical Paradox View Post
Marriage is not a legal contract where you sign your name and agree never to cheat. I never said it's a good thing, but it isn't a binding legal contract. It exists in the stature only when settling on divorce matters, which, by the way, adultery has a huge say in.
All or most of the 50 states have laws against adultery. It's a crime in about half of the states in the USA. Whether there was a clear legal contract or not, you're very likely breaking the law by cheating on your spouse. We just don't enforce those laws. I kinda think we should. This was a vastly more "victimless crime" than a case of adultery shattering a home and leaving both spouse and children damaged for the rest of their lives.

Map: Is Adultery Illegal? | Mother Jones

Last edited by godofthunder9010; 10-04-2014 at 01:55 AM..

Old 10-04-2014, 07:59 AM

1,554 posts, read 1,906,123 times
Hopefully no one gets pregnant!

Old 10-04-2014, 10:25 AM

1,259 posts, read 829,225 times
yeah sure. Make adultery a criminal offense and sent 3/4 of adult US population to jail. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
All or most of the 50 states have laws against adultery. It's a crime in about half of the states in the USA. Whether there was a clear legal contract or not, you're very likely breaking the law by cheating on your spouse. We just don't enforce those laws. I kinda think we should. This was a vastly more "victimless crime" than a case of adultery shattering a home and leaving both spouse and children damaged for the rest of their lives.

Map: Is Adultery Illegal? | Mother Jones

Old 10-04-2014, 11:04 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,739,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by random_thoughts View Post
yeah sure. Make adultery a criminal offense and sent 3/4 of adult US population to jail. LOL
Prison time for an adulterer who destroys their family makes far more sense than prison time for either of these two teachers. One of the has children (so probably a husband?) She might be divorced or perhaps was never married. Who knows? But if she had a husband and three kids, they are the only true victims here. They will have to square with the fact that their mommy and wifey cared so little about them that she cheated on their destroyed their family. They'll also never live down the fact that their mommy had a groupie with a 16 year old. They did nothing to deserve the scorn of others.

Thanks to our cultural oddities, the boy comes away looking like a rockstar. "I'm so good I got not just one, but two hot young blonde teachers to risk their career just to have sex with me, both at the same time!" He comes away with bragging rights. He's no victim here.

Don't want to load our prisons up with criminals guilty of consensual sex? Let's just cut all the crap about law enforcement playing sex-cops where there is clearly no victim. Adultery is not victimless. If you aren't throwing adulterers in jail, then you don't throw these two ladies in prison either. I think they should be fired. I think they should never be allowed to be teachers again. But I don't think they should be treated like criminals. It feels like a huge double-standard for them to serve any time in jail.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies