Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2014, 04:53 PM

59,088 posts, read 27,318,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
The bill gave permission to invade.

I'm sad to see you don't understand the difference between permission to and mandate to and completely miss the point that after the 9/11 attacks, focusing on finding/eliminating our attackers would likely have been much ebtter use of our resources than invading/occupying a country that did nothing to us.
You are running around in circles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2014, 04:54 PM

46,307 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
the word WMD, as President Bush referenced it, meant Nukes. Not Mustard gas.

If you believe he meant gas, then that means he lied to the American people from 2004 to now.

Did he say GAS or WMD?

Please elaborate, the military has been using the abbreviation WMD since the early 60s, the included NBC....Nuclear, Biological, or Chemical.....

Don't let fact get in your way....

Old 10-15-2014, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
Yes, 29 Democrats and 48 Republicans in the Senate voted to give Bush the authority. They are all worthless slime who should be in the Hague for war crimes. What is your point?

Please give me the years you speak of?

Old 10-15-2014, 04:56 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,560 posts, read 16,548,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Did he say GAS or WMD?

Please elaborate, the military has been using the abbreviation WMD since the early 60s, the included NBC....Nuclear, Biological, or Chemical.....

Don't let fact get in your way....
Facts, I have a video of the man speaking.

this is from 2006. So either he was lying or WMD = Nukes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_A77N5WKWM

Old 10-15-2014, 04:57 PM

46,963 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
Bush did what Obama fails to do. Act Decisively.
Acting decisively is easy - shoving your wedding tackle in a garbage compactor is a decisive act. How about acting smart?

Old 10-15-2014, 05:01 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,481,395 times
Quote:
Please give me the years you speak of?
October 16, 2002.

Old 10-15-2014, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Facts, I have a video of the man speaking.

this is from 2006. So either he was lying or WMD = Nukes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_A77N5WKWM
I just listened to it...give me the time frame based on the length of the youtube video to listen to.....it's only a few seconds over 2 minutes.....I want to be absolutely sure I know the EXACT words you speak of to show he ie in no doubt talking about NUCLEAR....

Old 10-15-2014, 05:19 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,560 posts, read 16,548,014 times
Quote:
I just listened to it...give me the time frame based on the length of the youtube video to listen to.....it's only a few seconds over 2 minutes.....I want to be absolutely sure I know the EXACT words you speak of to show he ie in no doubt talking about NUCLEAR....
The NY Times article says they found the chemical weapons in 2004, correct.

The video in my link is from August of 2006, correct,

President Bush in this video says
Quote:
" The main reason we went into Iraq at the time was because we thought he had Weapons of Mass destruction, turns out he didnt "
So either he is defining WMD as Nukes.

Or he defined them as Chems,Bio, and Nukes, which would mean he was lying in 2006.

Old 10-15-2014, 05:46 PM

Quote:
The NY Times article says they found the chemical weapons in 2004, correct.

The video in my link is from August of 2006, correct,

President Bush in this video says

So either he is defining WMD as Nukes.

Or he defined them as Chems,Bio, and Nukes, which would mean he was lying in 2006.
What article, and don't tell me what he says, give me the time frame.....because what you quoted he stated is only part of the entire sentence...(see I did watch the video)

Old 10-15-2014, 06:21 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,886,902 times
Angry Sour Grapes, So SAd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Acting decisively is easy - shoving your wedding tackle in a garbage compactor is a decisive act. How about acting smart?

Obama has been visible checked out on has a Let's See More, approach. In the world of world affairs, any president must be decisive on the information available. Many will forget, or choose to forget the wave of Terrorism was coming from Clinton and exploded on US Shores. The WTT, NY City, 911!

We had the USS Cole, Cobalt towers , the First Bombing of the WTT.

Like or not and history support President Bush , he made the right decision. Now the road of Freedom and the preservation of peace is not easy. President actually fire Rumsfeld and change direction in Iraq that by the end of the Bush second term there was relative peace.

Bush took on a recession and we as a country enjoyed prosperity, until the housing crisis. Which could be argued that was caused by Senior Democrats. We all know the players. Bush actually worked with Dems and passed Democratic sponsor bills. Ted Kennedy Remember?

Its taken 6 year for Obama to turn the economy what it took Bush by the 3 year of his 1st term.

Bush Decisive, very much. Obama weak on leadership and very bad policy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies