Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2014, 10:27 AM

671 posts, read 891,914 times

Advertisements

Go to a 35 hour work week from a 40 hour work week? Sure but expect a reduction in take home pay..
Make that a law and your going to put a pinch on the folks that are living paycheck to paycheck..and for what? What gain do you see from doing that? More jobs? That's not going to happen...If you notice anything it's political fingers stuck in the economics of business that has driven the job market and the financial slide of income we have today. It will just cause more outsourcing to other countries..
Fundamentally supply and demand drives every market,,be it in the USA,France or North Korea..It has been a free market that built America,,,the same concept that China have embraced,,simply because it works. Notice that the government there is pretty hands off and notice that government here gone the other way...Look at the results.....
Your looking in the wrong closet for a solution....

Old 10-19-2014, 10:34 AM

1,701 posts, read 1,109,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gradsoon View Post
My family and I pay taxes as well. Anything given me free is awesome

Free healthcare should be a right just like other western countries.
Oh, so you live in the basement. Got it!!!

Old 10-19-2014, 10:37 AM

40,956 posts, read 49,260,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by triple8s View Post
Oh, so you live in the basement. Got it!!!
Daddies pushing him to get a job and 40 hours a week cuts into game time.

Old 10-19-2014, 10:40 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,405,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
I am sorry to say that is where we are heading.
Yeah, it would be a real shame to pay for the needs of our own citizens for a change, right?

Old 10-19-2014, 10:40 AM

18,359 posts, read 26,525,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USAGeorge View Post
Go to a 35 hour work week from a 40 hour work week? Sure but expect a reduction in take home pay..
Make that a law and your going to put a pinch on the folks that are living paycheck to paycheck..and for what? What gain do you see from doing that? More jobs? That's not going to happen...If you notice anything it's political fingers stuck in the economics of business that has driven the job market and the financial slide of income we have today. It will just cause more outsourcing to other countries..
Fundamentally supply and demand drives every market,,be it in the USA,France or North Korea..It has been a free market that built America,,,the same concept that China have embraced,,simply because it works. Notice that the government there is pretty hands off and notice that government here gone the other way...Look at the results.....
Your looking in the wrong closet for a solution....
Because there's more to life than working.

China is also a polluted toxic waste dump (no effective environmental protection laws), where people are treated about the same as slaves by corporations. About how we were 100+ years ago.

Old 10-19-2014, 10:47 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,470,259 times
Quote:
My family and I pay taxes as well. Anything given me free is awesome
Anything given you free isn't free. The cost is just being paid for by someone else. So you're smiling and happy about being a selfish mooch. Disgusting.
Quote:
Free healthcare should be a right just like other western countries.
It isn't free. Someone else is working to pay for your doctor bills. There's a word for someone else being required to work for you whether they like it or not without you giving them anything in return. The word is slavery.

Old 10-19-2014, 10:48 AM

19,858 posts, read 12,136,964 times
Quote:
Should the United States pass a law for 35 hour workweek (from current 40) and then require overtime pay if it goes beyond 35 hour? I think 7 hours of labor is enough for 21st century. It has worked well is many countries such as in France.
Why not make it 25 hours so you have more time for gaming?

Old 10-19-2014, 10:49 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,378,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
Yeah, it would be a real shame to pay for the needs of our own citizens for a change, right?
We did need some changes in healthcare in the USA.

Just not the ACA.

Universal healthcare is not the answer either......IMO.

Old 10-19-2014, 10:55 AM

7,975 posts, read 7,362,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
Anything given you free isn't free. The cost is just being paid for by someone else. So you're smiling and happy about being a selfish mooch. Disgusting.

It isn't free. Someone else is working to pay for your doctor bills. There's a word for someone else being required to work for you whether they like it or not without you giving them anything in return. The word is slavery.

I wonder what would happen if his "free" doctor decided to only work 35 hours a week and couldn't/wouldn't treat him when he needed it?

Old 10-19-2014, 11:01 AM

671 posts, read 891,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
Because there's more to life than working.

China is also a polluted toxic waste dump (no effective environmental protection laws), where people are treated about the same as slaves by corporations. About how we were 100+ years ago.
So you want something for nothing? Where doe's that come from? Get a part time job and live your dream life in mama's basement if that's your dream...I don't think that's a scene for your mama's dream though..
Get a little realistic,It helps,,since one doesn't live in a dream world,,here's a hint,life is real. Start from there and in time you'll grow up.
Enjoy your high school years or your school years while your there,,It's quite evident you haven't wandered into the real world yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies