Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2014, 01:08 PM

16,709 posts, read 19,422,361 times

Advertisements

*shrugs*
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2014, 01:12 PM

29,509 posts, read 14,668,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
What happens when the school ignores the concerns and complaints it received and the school then gets shot up?
There were no threats. Many people take pictures of their firearms, or pose with them. Had threats been made then it would have been justified.

Old 10-29-2014, 01:15 PM

29,509 posts, read 14,668,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
Not crazy at all. They took pictures of themselves with guns, called it Homecoming. That insinuates terroristic activity at a school function. That so many of you don't get that, is scary.
Are you serious ?!?!?

Old 10-29-2014, 01:16 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,135,461 times
Quote:
Not crazy at all. They took pictures of themselves with guns, called it Homecoming.
So what..
Quote:
That insinuates terroristic activity at a school function. That so many of you don't get that, is scary.
no it doesnt..

And if it did, that would be an action for the POLICE to handle, not the school.

Old 10-29-2014, 01:25 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,135,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Are you serious ?!?!?
Sadly they are,

I'm still waiting to hear what these kooks think an appropriate action might have been had they taken a photo of them shooting real guns in a shooting range...

Old 10-29-2014, 01:30 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,029,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Sadly they are,

I'm still waiting to hear what these kooks think an appropriate action might have been had they taken a photo of them shooting real guns in a shooting range...
Clearly arrest and life in prison.

Old 10-29-2014, 01:36 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,631,426 times
Quote:
What if the photo of shooting guns was posted to the internet just after a major school shooting and was titled "Prom"?
What if someone at school views the photograph on their phone and the gun in the photo discharges and kills another student walking down the hall?

Old 10-29-2014, 01:46 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,995,123 times
It just reinforces my belief of staying the hell off of Facebook, and not putting it out there for all to see. It really has become Orweillian in nature, and nothing is sacred. At any rate, if I were the parent I'd be up that school board's a** in no time!

Old 10-29-2014, 02:03 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,107,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
It just reinforces my belief of staying the hell off of Facebook, and not putting it out there for all to see. It really has become Orweillian in nature, and nothing is sacred. At any rate, if I were the parent I'd be up that school board's a** in no time!
If a student posted a photo of himself with guns on facebook titled "homecoming" hours after a major school schooling - and students and parents expressed concern to the school - yet the school did nothing (perhaps saying "it's private property, what can we do"), and then the student shot up the place killing your child, I'm sure sure you're sue the school in a heartbeat saying it didn't act when it should have.

There's a big news story in Denver right now. There was a school shooting at Arapahoe High School last December. A school employee just leaked a document (the school had been refusing to hand it over) - a report from the Principal and school psychologist about the killer prepared a few months prior to the shootings - where they dismissed concerns about the shooter's violent threats against students and teachers.

Old 10-29-2014, 02:06 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,029,970 times
Quote:
If a student posted a photo of himself with guns on facebook titled "homecoming" hours after a major school schooling - and students and parents expressed concern to the school - yet the school did nothing (perhaps saying "it's private property, what can we do"), and then the student shot up the place killing your child, I'm sure sure you're sue the school in a heartbeat saying it didn't act when it should have.

There's a big news story in Denver right now. There was a school shooting at Arapahoe High School last December. A school employee just leaked a document (the school had been refusing to hand it over) - a report from the Principal and school psychologist about the killer prepared a few months prior to the shootings - where they dismissed concerns about the shooter's violent threats against students and teachers.
Doing something is having a conversation and/or reporting it to the police if they truly believed there was a threat. This suspension and possible expulsion is heavy handed and well outside the common sense quotient.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies