Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2014, 06:34 PM

2,463 posts, read 2,787,006 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
The senseless killing of Michael Brown, evidently, was an inspirational act on the part of the police, the prosecutor, and the Grand Jury.

People are always looking for inspiration from their community leaders.
Michael Brown was a 280lb, 6'5" dangerous thug, apparently on drugs, on the attack, and he chose the wrong cop. Michael Brown taunted and threatened Darren Wilson, and went for his gun. Michael Brown got exactly what he deserved. God bless Darren Wilson, a true American hero!

We saw the savage brutality of members of the black race, it was on every TV screen across the country. We saw Michael Brown "strong arm" a convenience store clerk owner, we saw the response, with a bunch of blacks breaking in and destroying the owners store. We saw the extreme violence, the burning and destruction of all the businesses of Ferguson. We were made aware of the lies the witnesses attempted to perpetuate about Michael Brown surrendering, which never happened. Michael Brown was never shot in the back; he was a crazed maniac who kept going after a white cop to kill him. There was no evidence that Brown was surrendering. The crime in black neighborhoods has always been statistically extremely high; any attempt to circumvent that, is met with immediate violent reaction. One in three black men in the U.S. is either in jail or has a criminal record. Now we see a Bosnian man violently attacked and killed by blacks, but unlike Michael Brown, this man was not a criminal. Without even a fraction of the same media attention, this man is killed because he is white. Why? Because of medias fear of the sleeping giant,...the white race.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2014, 06:36 PM

1,922 posts, read 2,777,385 times
Quote:
The senseless killing of Michael Brown, evidently, was an inspirational act on the part of the police, the prosecutor, and the Grand Jury.

People are always looking for inspiration from their community leaders.
Michael Brown's death was his own choosing. If you take ANY of his actions that day, and simply change one, it's very likely he would have lived. But I seriously doubt that is what he wanted, he wanted to die by cop that day, and that I'll never understand.

Old 12-02-2014, 06:41 PM

13,302 posts, read 7,864,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordlover View Post
Michael Brown's death was his own choosing. If you take ANY of his actions that day, and simply change one, it's very likely he would have lived. But I seriously doubt that is what he wanted, he wanted to die by cop that day, and that I'll never understand.
What ever happened to apprehend and arrest?

Must have gone out with the Patriot Act, huh?

Old 12-02-2014, 06:45 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
Strange mr Eric holder made no mention of this in his speech about peaceful demonstrations in tonight's news

Old 12-02-2014, 06:55 PM

13,302 posts, read 7,864,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
Well you've already said that Officer Wilson should
have either locked his doors and cowered in his car
or drove away from the danger. Both actions that
are cowardly and contrary to a law enforcement
officer's job.
Suppose you were facing a linebacker
sized person charging you...What would you do?
I'd get in the running car.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yrrw0wNLc2g

Old 12-02-2014, 06:58 PM

9,137 posts, read 5,799,525 times
Quote:
I'd get in the running car.

I understand.
I would not have wanted to face a charging Brown either.

Old 12-02-2014, 06:58 PM

1,862 posts, read 2,385,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynternight View Post
Please do provide citations for this claim.
This link I think points out why there are those that think the the Prosecutor was not looking for an indictment...

The Strange Ferguson Grand Jury | Consortiumnews

I'm sure there are other opinions on the web saying pretty much the same thing.

Old 12-02-2014, 07:03 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,793,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spot View Post
Wilson was the police and backup was already on its way. It was his job to stop this thug.

Besides, Brown turned around and charged towards him. When you have a loaded gun drawn and someone is charging you, every law enforcement academy in the country teaches you to shoot. If you don't, you risk having that gun taken away from you and used against you or some other innocent person. Wilson did the right thing.
Read the NY Times analysis. It is clear that Brown turned around. But there is at least as good testimony that he was trying to give up as charging the LEO. The NY T finding was that we will never know...the witnesses are all believable and do not appear to have observed the same event. That basically says the LEO is not indictable. But it also says he is not and cannot be found innocent either.

Ain't our system wonderful? It does protect the innocent...but sometimes the guilty...and it does allow all to walk if it is not clearly resolved.

Last edited by lvoc; 12-02-2014 at 07:27 PM..

Old 12-02-2014, 07:19 PM

27,119 posts, read 15,300,057 times
Quote:
What ever happened to apprehend and arrest?

Must have gone out with the Patriot Act, huh?

I am confident that Officer Wilson would have preferred to have it end like that and I am sure that was his intention and he was trying to do just that very thing.

Old 12-02-2014, 07:25 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,930,218 times
Quote:
After Brown fled the cop, Wilson should have called the police.

Maybe Wilson didn't call the police, because it became, personal.
He is the police He did his job....Michael Brown should have never hit the officer in the first place, why is this being missed? Notice how they show Brown at the age of 13?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies