Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2014, 08:52 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,187,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
It gives them something to do while they wait for the NEW AND IMPROVED!!!! GOWDY BENGHAZI HEARINGS!!! to get exciting again. Got to give the wing nuts something to be all outraged about continuously or their heads will explode with all that unexpressed rage.

It doesn't matter, though, because nobody is paying attention to either of these dead carcasses except the far right. There are real scandals to focus on, like this giveaway monstrosity to Wall Street that just passed in Congress or the increasing police state we're living in. You know, real issues affecting real people.

In the meantime, let the wingnuts sit on this dead horse and beat away. Keeps 'em out of trouble.
The Wall Street giveaway is something real for right wingers to be upset over, these fake scandals are just for keeping them distracted while their own party screws over Americans, as well as a number of Democrat Senators.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2014, 08:55 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,874,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
The Wall Street giveaway is something real for right wingers to be upset over, these fake scandals are just for keeping them distracted while their own party screws over Americans, as well as a number of Democrat Senators.
And it works. Look at this thread. Years later, with nothing to show for it, they are still at it. They remind me of birthers. After a while you just stop trying to reason with them and simply laugh at them instead.

Old 12-14-2014, 09:45 AM

26,498 posts, read 15,079,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Republicans are beating a dead horse for something that doesn't exist. I doubt anyone even remembers the reason for this made up scandal anymore.
Thanks for proving my prediction correct.

You know that the questions I posed are 100% legitimate and should be answered, but you can't admit what you know to be the truth on partisan grounds - so you just ignore the questions that I posed.

You put your partisan politics above your integrity and the rule of law.

Old 12-14-2014, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Thanks for proving my prediction correct.

You know that the questions I posed are 100% legitimate and should be answered, but you can't admit what you know to be the truth on partisan grounds - so you just ignore the questions that I posed.

You put your partisan politics above your integrity and the rule of law.
Yep, just like the birthers. They ask questions. They get answers. They don't like the answers they get because they don't feed into their conspiracy so they completely ignore the answers. They ask the same questions again. They don't like the answers they get because they don't feed into their conspiracy, so they completely ignore the answers. They ask the same questions again. They don't like the answers they get because they don't feed into their conspiracy so they completely ignore the answers. They ask the same questions again....

The very definition of insanity. And like the birthers, there's nothing left for sane people to do but point and laugh.

Old 12-14-2014, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Yep, just like the birthers. They ask questions. They get answers. They don't like the answers they get because they don't feed into their conspiracy so they completely ignore the answers. They ask the same questions again. They don't like the answers they get because they don't feed into their conspiracy, so they completely ignore the answers. They ask the same questions again. They don't like the answers they get because they don't feed into their conspiracy so they completely ignore the answers. They ask the same questions again....

The very definition of insanity. And like the birthers, there's nothing left for sane people to do but point and laugh.
Your post is full of BS.

We don't have any answers for the questions I posed. No one on here is offering any answers -- all we get is deflection like your post about birthers.

Old 12-14-2014, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Your post is full of BS.

We don't have any answers for the questions I posed. No one on here is offering any answers -- all we get is deflection like your post about birthers.
Oh, don't get me wrong. I like birthers. They have provided me with endless hours of mirth. Phony scandals and conspiracy theorists are always fun, so please, carry on. I am enjoying the phony outrage, especially since there has been a lull of excitement in the BENGHAZI!!!! hearings. Thank goodness there is always a backup phony scandal to go to when that happens.

Old 12-14-2014, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Oh, don't get me wrong. I like birthers. They have provided me with endless hours of mirth. Phony scandals and conspiracy theorists are always fun, so please, carry on. I am enjoying the phony outrage, especially since there has been a lull of excitement in the BENGHAZI!!!! hearings. Thank goodness there is always a backup phony scandal to go to when that happens.
You said there were answers, but you have dodged providing any answers for the questions.

Let's take them one at a time.

Lois Lerner blamed the targeting on line level people in Cincinnati, how can she then explain the following:
A) The line level people in Cincinnati had documentation that DC had asked for the targeting
B) Line level people in Cincinnati do not have control over other IRS branches, yet targeting happened at IRS branches literally from coast to coast
C) An IRS attorney has stated that the targeting came from an Obama appointee in DC

How do you explain this inconsistency?

Old 12-14-2014, 10:34 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,508,677 times
Quote:
You said there were answers, but you have dodged providing any answers for the questions.

Let's take them one at a time.

Lois Lerner blamed the targeting on line level people in Cincinnati, how can she then explain the following:
A) The line level people in Cincinnati had documentation that DC had asked for the targeting
B) Line level people in Cincinnati do not have control over other IRS branches, yet targeting happened at IRS branches literally from coast to coast
C) An IRS attorney has stated that the targeting came from an Obama appointee in DC

How do you explain this inconsistency?
Maybe you can answer these for me. Would it have taken Senate approval to appoint a special prosecutor ? Will the R controlled Congress appoint one in January ?

I remember polls from last year showing that even D's favored an independent investigation. It seems like Judicial Watch gets more info than Congress.

Old 12-14-2014, 01:15 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,364,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Maybe you can answer these for me. Would it have taken Senate approval to appoint a special prosecutor ? Will the R controlled Congress appoint one in January ?

I remember polls from last year showing that even D's favored an independent investigation. It seems like Judicial Watch gets more info than Congress.
A special prosecutor would have to be appointed by Eric Holder. He was asked to do so earlier this year by Ted Cruz, and he declined. Here's a good piece by former prosecutor Andrew McCarthy on why a special prosecutor would not be a good idea in the IRS scandal.
No Special Counsel for the IRS Scandal | National Review Online

This piece was written prior to the Nov. election. He argued that what was needed was political accountability, and I believe we got that on Nov 4. Part of the reason that the GOP now controls the US House and Senate is doubtless due to the IRS scandal. One of the agenda items for the new Congress should be legislation to reform the IRS, and simplify the tax code. They can also hit the IRS where it hurts, by squeezing their budget.

Old 12-14-2014, 01:22 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
The IRS debacle was a part of the reasons the (D)'s lost the House and Senate. Partisans will make lame excuses but the country does not believe the IRS should go after citizens based upon nothing more than their perceived politics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies