Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2014, 07:57 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,137,755 times

Advertisements

Storm front just called and asked for their thread back...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2014, 09:07 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,591,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
This has been covered many times but yet you feel you simply must bring it up again. .
It's pretty relevant since they are the ones that have heard the evidence. Sorry you find that inconvenient.

Quote:
Which is exactly what many called for..
It was, you just didn't like the result and seem to find the burden of proof inconvenient when applied against your assumptions.

Quote:
Why should he have complied? What did he do? If you are told to stop filming should you stop filming?.
It's up to him. If you don't want to be forced, you should comply with the order from the police. Before you start on your bumper sticker law degree, it was not an unlawful order and though the police are not allowed to arrest for no reason, that is handled through the courts, not by your refusal on the scene.

Quote:
There must be a probable cause. .
Indeed, but the person being arrested is not the one who ultimately determines whether or not there is probable cause. That happens in court. They make their charge on what they believe to be a crime, and if there isn't, the charge is thrown out, but the accused does not decide that on the spot. Seriously, you really have no idea how the system works. I have had many discussions with people where we disagree and that's fine, but you really need to read and understand the system. You expose complete misunderstanding and lack of knowledge in places where you don't even know you're on shaky ground.

Quote:
Neck compressions. He did not do that to himself. Picture above.
Why did you post that (quoted above) in response to this (below), is it because you had nothing else to say? It's certainly not relevant to the point quoted.

Quote:

I've seen you confuse many points like that noted above, along with the process of the legal system, the difference between legislative authority and executive authority, and the difference between municipal and federal jurisdiction. I think you hope for the best for people which is good, but you have exposed a serious lack of understanding of the system in several posts.

Old 12-17-2014, 10:27 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,523,461 times
Default All About That Race

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMZvdMgtjmo

Old 12-17-2014, 10:33 PM

30,651 posts, read 18,249,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
It's pretty relevant since they are the ones that have heard the evidence. Sorry you find that inconvenient.

It was, you just didn't like the result and seem to find the burden of proof inconvenient when applied against your assumptions.

It's up to him. If you don't want to be forced, you should comply with the order from the police. Before you start on your bumper sticker law degree, it was not an unlawful order and though the police are not allowed to arrest for no reason, that is handled through the courts, not by your refusal on the scene.

Indeed, but the person being arrested is not the one who ultimately determines whether or not there is probable cause. That happens in court. They make their charge on what they believe to be a crime, and if there isn't, the charge is thrown out, but the accused does not decide that on the spot. Seriously, you really have no idea how the system works. I have had many discussions with people where we disagree and that's fine, but you really need to read and understand the system. You expose complete misunderstanding and lack of knowledge in places where you don't even know you're on shaky ground.

Why did you post that (quoted above) in response to this (below), is it because you had nothing else to say? It's certainly not relevant to the point quoted.

Quote:

I've seen you confuse many points like that noted above, along with the process of the legal system, the difference between legislative authority and executive authority, and the difference between municipal and federal jurisdiction. I think you hope for the best for people which is good, but you have exposed a serious lack of understanding of the system in several posts.

I see I've found another poster who makes sense in the face of reckless, sad race-bating that's based on prejudiced beliefs of whites, etc. For the record, the confusing replies from the user you're responding to are the reason why I have chosen (except for a brief post earlier on) not to engage with that user. I'm not here for conspiracy theories or assumptions based on extremely prejudicial views, but rather to engage with people who are willing to look beyond their prejudices and judge the evidence as it is, not as they want it to be.

Old 12-18-2014, 03:31 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,241,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
I see I've found another poster who makes sense in the face of reckless, sad race-bating that's based on prejudiced beliefs of whites, etc. For the record, the confusing replies from the user you're responding to are the reason why I have chosen (except for a brief post earlier on) not to engage with that user. I'm not here for conspiracy theories or assumptions based on extremely prejudicial views, but rather to engage with people who are willing to look beyond their prejudices and judge the evidence as it is, not as they want it to be.
More cheerleading as opposed to debating the topic. Rah rah. If you can't defend your own thread why bother?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies