Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2014, 12:38 PM

6,395 posts, read 6,282,580 times

Advertisements

Op, the conclusion of both of the recent black killings that you posted and the ones you found of white killings is that police don't get convicted. Period. No more no less.

Why do you care what color the victims of police are?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2014, 12:56 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,589,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
There is no way this is left internal. There will be public hearings on how the police may treat the citizens its suppose to protect.
Okay. I don't have a problem with that at all. That's different from the officer being disciplined by the criminal justice system.

Quote:
Nobody "took them on".?
Okay, I rephrase - choose not to comply.

Quote:
You don't get a compressed neck without someone compressing it. Aren't you even a little embarrassed with your word gymnastics?
Actually, no. I didn't say nobody compressed his neck, but neck and throat are not necessarily the same. Press as hard as you can on the side of your neck. It will be unfomfortable, maybe make you a little lightheaded and perhaps elevate your heart rate. Then press hard on your throat and try to speak. You will see that words actually have a meaning that makes a difference.

Old 12-17-2014, 01:03 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,713,823 times
Quote:
I agree it has and I've spoke out against these policies for years but again....they were put in place by a black president.

Everyone not in the top gets hit hard, black, white, brown or yellow.

Are there more whites than blacks at the top? Yes.
It's not the policies put in place by a black president. It's the accrued impact of the executive, legislative and Judicial branches polices and laws of the past, regardless of party. Blacks were in careers or occupation segments that were the path of least resistance/racism. These sectors were hit hard during the last recession and blacks being employed disproportionately in those sectors widened the economic gap when the sectors were hit harder than others....for example....manufacturing.

Old 12-17-2014, 01:07 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
Okay. I don't have a problem with that at all. That's different from the officer being disciplined by the criminal justice system.
We still don't know whether or not the feds will step in.

Quote:
Actually, no. I didn't say nobody compressed his neck, but neck and throat are not necessarily the same. Press as hard as you can on the side of your neck. It will be unfomfortable, maybe make you a little lightheaded and perhaps elevate your heart rate. Then press hard on your throat and try to speak. You will see that words actually have a meaning that makes a difference.
More gymnastics and obstufucation.

Old 12-17-2014, 01:10 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
It's not the policies put in place by a black president.
True...they were put in place by a Treasury Secretary and Fed chairman put in place by a black president.

Quote:
It's the accrued impact of the executive, legislative and Judicial branches polices and laws of the past, regardless of party. Blacks were in careers or occupation segments that were the path of least resistance/racism. These sectors were hit hard during the last recession and blacks being employed disproportionately in those sectors widened the economic gap when the sectors were hit harder than others....for example....manufacturing.
I largely agree with that.

Old 12-17-2014, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robeaux View Post
You've seriously got to get past this or you'll be bitter for the rest of your life. NO ONE alive today has owned, or been, a slave in the US.

If you don't stop making everything a historical "black white thing" and move on, how do you think anything will ever get better?

Bottom line, Garner was killed because he didn't pay the ridiculous government-imposed cigarette tax.
Get past what? Are you using the term "You" to mean in general or me in particular? What evidence do you have of me being bitter about the past or anyone else being bitter? Maybe you and people like you who assume those who say that Americas racist past has impact on its racial present are bitter because it makes you bitter to hear that truth and hence you PROJECT that bitterness upon those with the keen grasp of the obvious (that past racism has shaped the present racial realities). I get the fact that many white people are made to feel uncomfortable about that truth and hence seek to make black people uncomfortable when they bring it up. This is not rocket science. Human nature is human nature. Its the key to understanding.

Garner was killed because a lot of white guys are fearful of big black guys. They think they have to use overwhelming force....lest they get their arse kicked by these super runner and jumpers who dominate physical sports and are seen a violent people based on the rate of black on black crime. Whites fear for their life more from blacks, as a general rule, than they do from whites and that fear has consequences on when deadly force is used.

Michael Brown Shooting: Studies Show Racial Bias in Police Decisions | The New Republic

We do not have to engage in conjecture. There are studied that back up what I am saying. Were are the studies that back up your position?

Old 12-17-2014, 01:18 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,060,276 times
Quote:
Not that you addressed much of anything I said but I've had to cover this over and over also and in every case the person retreated on this position.

So Rosa Parks should have simply complied and found her seat at the back of the bus?

Those filming police officers on the street when told to stop filming should have just stopped filming even though court after court has ruled they are permitted to film an officer while doing his job in public?
Now you're comparing Rosa Parks to lowlife scumbags like brown and fatass? Both who were criminals?

Comply when wrong, fight when right.

Old 12-17-2014, 01:20 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,589,909 times
Quote:
We still don't know whether or not the feds will step in.
No, we don't.

Quote:
More gymnastics and obstufucation.
There is a distinct and important distinction in how the body responds. You seem to want to ignore the mechanics of how the body responds, but that's imporant information in such an allegation. I'm sorry that the body's reaction to pressure contradicts your assumption on the case, but that doesn't change the facts, which you seem to want to call gymnastics and obfuscation since they don't support your assumptions.

Old 12-17-2014, 01:21 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,060,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
The truth is these " so-called civil rights activists" referred to by the OP DO NOT represent the Left but the truth is rarely if ever of concern to the righties who just enjoy baseless whining, eh?
Sure they do. I tune in to leftie talk radio, cnn and msnbc.......I've yet to hear a leftie defend law enforcement.

Old 12-17-2014, 01:21 PM

Quote:
True...they were put in place by a Treasury Secretary and Fed chairman put in place by a black president.

I largely agree with that.
You do not know what the hell you are talking about dude. The economic fallout was DECADES in the making. One has to understand how and why America ascended to know how and why it is declining....and if you think it is because of one president......you do not know what you are talking about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies