Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2014, 09:04 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,744,889 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggboxes View Post
The kids at Sandy Hook didn;t get to choose whether Nancy Lanza owned guns or not
And the person who got killed in a car accident didn't get to choose who gets a drivers license either. So what's your point?

Old 12-22-2014, 09:05 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
It must really make Eggman mad that law abiding citizens own guns and can get them fairly easy.
Eggman we're going to keep our guns and fight people like you that want to take them.

Tough for you.

Old 12-22-2014, 09:05 PM

91 posts, read 50,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCW View Post
So where did you work as a social worker? Mayberry? I don't give a rat's backside what some dirtbag cries to his therapist after the fact, how do I, the victim know that when he points a gun at me he doesn't intend to use it to kill me? Or a knife? Or even his fists? You want a 90 year old grandmother at the mercy of even a 150lb 30 year old burglar?

How about you provide some evidence that NRA bullied him? You want everyone else to provide evidence, if you're talking the talk, you should be willing to walk the walk.
I asked for evidence that the original Kellerman study was wrong, and none of you haven;t given me any.

Give me just one example of flawed research, bad calculations, etc.

BTW. I was a social worker in Oak Park, a suburb of Chicago.

Old 12-22-2014, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
And the person who got killed in a car accident didn't get to choose who gets a drivers license either. So what's your point?
You can't kill 28 people in five minutes with a car.

Besides, you need a license to own a car, but not a gun.

You're also not allowed to drive a monster truck or taxi a jet on a normal road, so why in hell are people allowed to own weapons that the Army uses?

Old 12-22-2014, 09:06 PM

Quote:
In fact, the self defense mentality might have cost lives, since as I say, criminals won;t hurt you until you give them reason to.
Yep, tell that to the 2 NY cops who were killed for no reason.

Old 12-22-2014, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
It must really make Eggman mad that law abiding citizens own guns and can get them fairly easy.
Eggman we're going to keep our guns and fight people like you that want to take them.

Tough for you.
Heller vs. DC is like Dredd Scott or Plessey vs. Ferguson.

The awful product of a biased court that will go down as a shame in the history textbooks.

Hopefully, within the next ten years, I see a reversal of Heller. Hopefully, within my lifetime, I see the end of the second amendment, or at least the proper interpretation of it (an actual militia, aka the military, bearing arms, no random nutjobs)

Old 12-22-2014, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Yep, tell that to the 2 NY cops who were killed for no reason.
The cops had guns. Shouldn't they have been saved by their magical, holy guns?

Old 12-22-2014, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Hopefully, within the next ten years, I see a reversal of Heller. Hopefully, within my lifetime, I see the end of the second amendment, or at least the proper interpretation of it (an actual militia, aka the military, bearing arms, no random nutjobs)
Ain't going to happen. You're in for a lifetime of disappointment.

President Obama himself has done more to spread weapons through the US. Congratulations for voting for him.

3,216 posts, read 2,085,505 times
Quote:
For those of you claiming Kellerman backtracked: here's what I believe happened

1. The NRA's threats, harrasments, and maybe bribes even, caused him to try to hid the truth of his studies, knowing that if he didn't understate how dangerous guns were, the NRA would ruin his life with legal and social harrassment.
Let's recap your ignorance about firearms..

First you thought guns are shipped to your home when buying online. Wrong.
Then you thought the 2a was only for the military. Wrong.
Then you thought this Kellerman study was accurate. Then the author changed his view. Wrong.
Then you thought if a home invasion happens, you should not defend your family because they never want to kill you and you should curl up in a ball and beg for mercy while they rape your wife and leave no witnesses. Wrong.
You thought a civilian "assault" rifle operates like its military counterpart. Wrong, they just look alike. that's what the anti gun folks hope you believe so you join their cause.

4,978 posts, read 5,770,618 times
Quote:
You can't kill 28 people in five minutes with a car.

Besides, you need a license to own a car, but not a gun.

You're also not allowed to drive a monster truck or taxi a jet on a normal road, so why in hell are people allowed to own weapons that the Army uses?
You are really very poorly informed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies