Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2015, 01:30 PM

13,995 posts, read 5,650,251 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Libertarians can be right wingers too, in a political spectrum, you would fall very much on the right side based on your posts.

How much of the employed workforce make more than $15 an hour? That is what we are talking about for people to be able to get off government assistance that you right wingers claim needs to happen. The dilemma is getting right wingers to understand that.
Done debating you given your incessant need to label me with your right winger pejorative in every post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2015, 01:33 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,290,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenniel View Post
Ok, so if CEOs aren't paid based on the value they bring, why are they paid well? Luck?
In many cases that is a good question.

Pfizer's per share price (adjusted for splits) went from about $50 to $30 from 1999 to 2006 during McKinnell's tenure. With roughly 7 billion shares outstanding, this reflects a loss in value of 140 billion dollars under McKinnell's leadership pursuing a strategy of growth via stock for stock acquisition.

According to documents Pfizer filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, Mr. McKinnell received a base salary in 2005 of $2,270,500, and a bonus of $3,700,000. He also received $145,814 in other compensation (primarily tax payments made by Pfizer on behalf of employees), and nearly $5.5 million in long-term incentive payouts. The value of his retirement package and deferred compensation will exceed $275,000,000.

What value did he bring to the company?

Henry McKinnell - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 01-23-2015, 01:34 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,658,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
I question a number of your expenses that came in way too low. And your food plan is the thrifty option, so plan on being hungry and losing weight, especially if your job involves any manual labor.

http://www.cnpp.usda.gov/sites/defau...2006Report.pdf
Yes, I did quote the USDA thrifty plan, which was:

Quote:
The revised TFP market baskets incorporate updated knowledge of nutritional needs.
Forming the nutritional basis of the TFP market baskets are several standards: (1) the
1997-2005 Recommended Dietary Allowances (RDAs), Adequate Intakes (AIs), and
Acceptable Macronutrient Distribution Ranges (AMDRs); (2) the 2005 Dietary
Guidelines for Americans; and (3) the 2005 MyPyramid food intake recommendations.
The TFP market basket for each age-gender group meets 100 percent or more of the
group’s RDAs or AIs for vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin B
, vitamin B
, thiamin,
riboflavin, niacin, calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, iron, folate, zinc, copper, and fiber.
The market baskets for each age-gender group also had to be below the Tolerable Upper
Intake Level (UL) for nutrients where such a limit was set (vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin
B
, vitamin E, calcium, phosphorus, iron, folate, zinc, and copper). A UL is the highest
amount of a nutrient that can be safely eaten on a continual basis and not cause an adverse
effect for most healthy people.

The thrifty plan meets the dietary needs of the person in it's age range, and I chose the most expensive age range, if you look at the chart from my original post.

Thank you very much for confirming that I am right and you are once again wrong.

Want to go for another fail?

Old 01-23-2015, 01:35 PM

4,006 posts, read 6,047,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
So by your logic, if a business has the option of hiring a recent high school graduate for 10.00 an hour and paying for their government required FICA, Medicare, etc,......... OR........hiring an illegal for 6.00 an hour to do the same job, then by business ethics standards, the employer should hire the illegal alien?
Is hiring the illegal alien legal or illegal?
If it's legal, then yes, why pay more for the same output?

If it's illegal to hire the alien then no, because said company would be breaking the law.

Old 01-23-2015, 01:35 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,677,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Then stop giving people government assistance and we are both happy.

The simple fact is some tasks are not worth paying someone a "living wage" to do. If what you are proposing is implemented then millions of people will be out of work and many businesses closed with the portion of living wage jobs that they do employee as well. Sounds like a great plan.

If you are worried about the wages of the "working poor" you should be championing closeing the border and deporting illegals as they are the ones increasing the supply of non/low skilled workers keeping prices down. Of course this would also cause the prices of products to go up, hope you are ready for that.
And there it is in a right wing, conservative nutshell.

I was waiting for one of you to drop the other shoe and get down to what you really want.

Therein lies the solution.
Pay the smallest amount the labor market will bear while simultaniously eliminating all the safety nets in place that address the very poverty business has created.

Right Wings. driving hard for third world poverty status, one election at a time.

Old 01-23-2015, 01:37 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,677,798 times
Quote:
Is hiring the illegal alien legal or illegal?
If it's legal, then yes, why pay more for the same output?

If it's illegal to hire the alien then no, because said company would be breaking the law.
Why won't 27 hard core republican states make E-Verify mandatory?

what do you think those 11 million illegals are doing here?
I'll tell you what they're doing here.
They are cutting the heads off 10 million chickens a day and turning them into skinless/boneless for some very large corporation.
They are processing beef quarters into steaks, chops, roasts and pink slime for major corporations.
They are picking lettuce and vegetables for 30.00 a day for agribusiness.

Old 01-23-2015, 01:38 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,836,913 times
Quote:
And there it is in a right wing, conservative nutshell.

I was waiting for one of you to drop the other shoe and get down to what you really want.

Therein lies the solution.
Pay the smallest amount the labor market will bear while simultaniously eliminating all the safety nets in place that address the very poverty business has created.

Right Wings. driving hard for third world poverty status, one election at a time.
It was sarcasm, calm down.

I would be lying if I said it was surprising how you completly ignored the last two paragraphs in your diatribe.

Old 01-23-2015, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
In many cases that is a good question.

Pfizer's per share price (adjusted for splits) went from about $50 to $30 from 1999 to 2006 during McKinnell's tenure. With roughly 7 billion shares outstanding, this reflects a loss in value of 140 billion dollars under McKinnell's leadership pursuing a strategy of growth via stock for stock acquisition.

According to documents Pfizer filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, Mr. McKinnell received a base salary in 2005 of $2,270,500, and a bonus of $3,700,000. He also received $145,814 in other compensation (primarily tax payments made by Pfizer on behalf of employees), and nearly $5.5 million in long-term incentive payouts. The value of his retirement package and deferred compensation will exceed $275,000,000.

What value did he bring to the company?

Henry McKinnell - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I could go on Wikipedia to and find an exact opposite example.

Also, there something called a 'contract' that's a legally binding agreement. This guy might have be smart enough and had good enough lawyers to where his income package was set regardless of company performance.

Exact same thing happens in a coach profession. The payment is set, regardless of whether the coach wins or loses. They can get fired but they still get paid their contract.

Old 01-23-2015, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Why won't 27 hard core republican states make E-Verify mandatory?

what do you think those 11 million illegals are doing here?
I'll tell you what they're doing here.
They are cutting the heads off 10 million chickens a day and turning them into skinless/boneless for some very large corporation.
They are processing beef quarters into steaks, chops, roasts and pink slime for major corporations.
They are picking lettuce and vegetables for 30.00 a day for agribusiness.
You didn't answer the question. Is it legal or illegal to hire that person?

Old 01-23-2015, 01:54 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,290,640 times
Quote:
I could go on Wikipedia to and find an exact opposite example.
Which would make no difference.

Quote:
Also, there something called a 'contract' that's a legally binding agreement. This guy might have be smart enough and had good enough lawyers to where his income package was set regardless of company performance.

Exact same thing happens in a coach profession. The payment is set, regardless of whether the coach wins or loses. They can get fired but they still get paid their contract.
It was said that CEO's get paid so much because they are worth it. Was he worth what he was paid? I'm not asking whether the company legally had to pay him so there is no reason to go there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies