Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2015, 02:29 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,586,907 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Your post doesn't even make sense.
of course it does. I pointed out how insipid your post was, and you responded by fleeing from it, preferring instead to offer even more insipid commentary about 'you cons,' per your usual tactic.

Quote:
Try answering the question.
no question was posed. are you sure you're on the right thread?

Quote:
Do you have anything to contribute to this thread other than immature little off topic jabs?
lol. that's rich, coming from a poster whose output so far has consisted of nothing but insults and little off-topic jabs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2015, 02:30 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,635,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrexDigit View Post
Thanks for the laugh. You are wrong.

Duped like most KXL supporters who haven't even bothered to actually read the final impact statement. Here's your....... 50 jobs.
And Asian export is throughout TransCanada's provided documentation as well.

What I hate is Canadian companies using eminent domain on US soil with the hopes of getting tar sands oil to Asia.

What I hate is blind faith in KXL simply because most here haven't bothered to do their own due diligence.

Do you hate US landowners so much that you want a Canadian company taking their farms and threatening our aquifers?
All because you believe in some magical 1000's of jobs that won't exist?
Awesome, I now get to point out your complete and total ignorance.

I'll first start by pointing out that I never said anywhere there would be 50k jobs. Where exactly did I say this? Nowhere, you are just making an assumption that fits your emotional desires about this.

Let's continue.

Let's start off with the number of barrels of oil that will pass through the pipeline.

It will be 830,000 per day. Keystone XL pipeline

Does it magically get refined in the pipeline as it flows? No.

The oil will then go to refineries in Texas and Louisiana to be refined into gasoline and other petroleum products. For Canada, Tar Sands Are Bigger Than Keystone XL | Climate Central

Do refineries operate on their own? Not really. People with jobs work at those refineries.

So how many people will be required? Let's look at that now.

This Lyondell Basell refinery in Texas processes 268,000 barrels of crude each day. - LyondellBasell - About Us

They have 1300 people working at that site. - http://www.lyondellbasell.com/NR/rdo...onRefining.pdf

So, let's do some math. If it takes 1300 people to process 268,000 barrels of crude each day, how many people would we most likely be looking at to process 830,000 barrels a day? Well, we'd probably be looking at around 4,000. How about we call it 2,500 to be on the safe side?

I'll tell you what, if you're able to process 830,000 barrels a day with 50 people, you really should share your information with these refineries and become a billionaire.

Looking kind of dumb now, aren't you?

Old 01-22-2015, 02:41 PM

32,027 posts, read 36,813,277 times
Quote:
What I hate is Canadian companies using eminent domain on US soil with the hopes of getting tar sands oil to Asia.
Why should we bow down to the Canadians? Yes, we need their oil but I'm sure a lot of it will wind up in China.

Old 01-22-2015, 03:23 PM

2,172 posts, read 1,454,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Looking kind of dumb now, aren't you?
Not at all but you surely do.... Thanks for playing.

I mentioned the 50 jobs in the final official impact statement. 50k? No mention of that - more ongoing confusion on your part.
You know - that final impact statement. The one you can't seem to read, comprehend or both.
Sorry you wasted all that time seeing what OTHERS have written about a pipeline that's been well documented by our government and TransCanada. You know - the company building the damn thing.

Instead of State Dept. or TransCanada docs, you've referenced:
• Climate Central
• Friends of the Earth

And while those refinery #'s are cute, you still believe this isn't for export.
All of that google-age proves little more than.... wishful thinking.

Wish I could help you comprehend. Seems to be a tall order.

Keep drinkin' that KXL kool-aid! You've definitely bought it hook, line and sinker.
Got some oceanfront land here in Colorado if you're interested.

Old 01-22-2015, 03:49 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,635,782 times
Quote:
Not at all but you surely do.... Thanks for playing.

I mentioned the 50 jobs in the final official impact statement. 50k? No mention of that - more ongoing confusion on your part.
You know - that final impact statement. The one you can't seem to read, comprehend or both.
Sorry you wasted all that time seeing what OTHERS have written about a pipeline that's been well documented by our government and TransCanada. You know - the company building the damn thing.

Instead of State Dept. or TransCanada docs, you've referenced:
• Climate Central
• Friends of the Earth

And while those refinery #'s are cute, you still believe this isn't for export.
All of that google-age proves little more than.... wishful thinking.

Wish I could help you comprehend. Seems to be a tall order.

Keep drinkin' that KXL kool-aid! You've definitely bought it hook, line and sinker.
Got some oceanfront land here in Colorado if you're interested.
Here is how bad you fail.

The oil gets refined and THEN exported.

If you can't comprehend this basic fact, it kind of explains your ignorance on this.

Old 01-22-2015, 04:17 PM

5,772 posts, read 3,226,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreggT View Post
Obviously you are a liberal Democrat who is against the pipeline anyway so what's the big deal?
It says something nasty about the Republicans which is probably true. Pat Buchanan calls it economic treason.

Old 01-22-2015, 04:28 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,663,022 times
If we had some trade tariffs, that steel would have been produced right here in the USA, by Americans, to feed American families.

Old 01-22-2015, 04:29 PM

2,172 posts, read 1,454,995 times
Quote:
Here is how bad you fail.

The oil gets refined and THEN exported.

If you can't comprehend this basic fact, it kind of explains your ignorance on this.
Oh - so you agree it is GETTING EXPORTED.

Thanks for taking the bait and clearing that up. Failure suits you.

Old 01-22-2015, 04:39 PM

19,788 posts, read 22,695,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Yep. Both sides do this kind of crap all the time.

Next bill the republicans will tack on something funding school lunches and banning abortion....the dems will vote it down and the reps will crow how democrats won't fund school lunches for the poor. \

It takes a really shallow thinker to follow politics and reach adulthood and not realize that most of the stuff that's proposed anymore is intentionally designed to fail for no other purpose than propaganda and political posturing.
Bingo. Each side does this and each side is as guilty as the other. Nothing to see here people, move along.. Just your Congress (not) at work...

Old 01-22-2015, 04:41 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,585,178 times
Quote:
Oh, and one more thing. Do you believe all green energy programs should be required to use all US components and materials?
Just like the keystone it can't legally be done. I hope that you realize a treaty is a treaty and breaking the terms of it come with big costs. NAFTA insures that "American Made" laws do not stand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies