Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2015, 11:13 AM

1,365 posts, read 1,015,934 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand-Pooba-9 View Post
I was never a huge Snoop fan --- but I have to say I'm on his side over this issue:

https://instagram.com/p/3divBpv9MI/

Why are so-called "legitimate" news organizations devoting so much time to this freak of nature Bruce Jenner? What has he really done useful for society in the past 25 years? The media is acting like he found a cure for cancer or solved the national debt.

It's a free country so he's entitled to butcher his God-given genitalia any way he wants, but just don't keep shoving his weird pictures in my face and all over the news channels.

Enough is enough already. We got ISIS cutting off people's heads --- major buffoons entering the Republican nomination race --- and an exciting NBA Finals featuring LeBron James about to grab his 3rd ring on his march to immortality. NOBODY cares about Caitlyn Jenner.

The answer to your question it that (obviously) the MSM is Liberal. Liberals love to champion anything that is obscure and different and "minority" no matter if that person/cause has any merit or not.

Second of all wanted to ask you what does your username mean? What is Grand Pooba? Is that from a movie?

Old 06-05-2015, 11:32 AM

58 posts, read 57,860 times
ok trying to wrap my mind around that, maybe I best not, I might run screaming into the night. Im guessing he/she wasn't attracted to girls before? Guess he wanted to become a girl so he could get more girls, does not compute.,,,,,

Old 06-05-2015, 11:32 AM

9,569 posts, read 5,621,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazzyzekes View Post
Sometimes things need to be left as God made them. How is she going to have sex now, most guys I know would not have sex with her period, they know a guy is a guy is a guy, period.
I don't think you understand the issue. This is not about what sex Caitlyn is interested in but Sexual Identification. He no longer identifies with the sex he was born into and I seriously doubt having Sex is a major issue at this point.

Old 06-05-2015, 11:35 AM

1,136 posts, read 923,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
There are lots of other celebrities who feel the way he does he's just one of the few that will come out and say it. I said when the pictures came out you will have managers and publicists all across America praying that the star they work with doesn't tweet something stupid
Do you think about the hopes and fears of publicist every time anyone does something controversial? These celebrities decided to make a living by selling an image. Stop acting like that doesn't carry a consequence.

Old 06-05-2015, 11:41 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,292,554 times
The media referring him to a she is starting to get irritating as he is still biologically a guy who happens to like wearing womens cloths and putting on make-up. You aint foolin me Bruce,you're just a dude in drag..

Old 06-05-2015, 11:41 AM

4,042 posts, read 2,710,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazzyzekes View Post
ok trying to wrap my mind around that, maybe I best not, I might run screaming into the night. Im guessing he/she wasn't attracted to girls before? Guess he wanted to become a girl so he could get more girls, does not compute.,,,,,
It doesn't have to compute with YOU, since it is HER life.

Old 06-05-2015, 11:45 AM

9,153 posts, read 9,491,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
The media referring him to a she is starting to get irritating as he is still biologically a guy who happens to like wearing womens cloths and putting on make-up. You aint foolin me Bruce,you're just a dude in drag..
I think it's polite to call someone what they wish to be called, no matter what my views are. It makes me uncomfortable when people call me nicknames related to my given name after I've told them what I prefer to be called. It would be maddening if they insisted on using a pronoun I didn't identify with.

Old 06-05-2015, 11:53 AM

4,577 posts, read 5,663,923 times
Honestly, I don't see what all the fuss is about. The dude would rather be a woman. Fine. Be whatever you want to be. It's a shame he waited this long to figure it out, though. Is it a bit odd? Sure. Obviously, there are some deep-seated psycho-social issues going on, here, that none of us are qualified to pass judgement on. I don't think the gender reassignment is going to fix anything, really, except perhaps give him a chance to wear women's clothing without eyebrows being raised.

I loved Jon Stewart's remarks: Manly Bruce Jenner turns into a woman, and immediately, all the stereotypes about "Hot!" and the outward appearance vs. inward abilities and intelligence come piling on. Women deal with this every day -- why a guy would volunteer for it is a puzzlement to me. Not that I don't love being a woman -- but it's a different set of issues that Jenner is trading in. Interestingly, there's three times the number of Female to Male sexual reassignment surgeries as there are Male-to-Female.

And to the person who said that "sex at 65 isn't an issue" . . . obviously you are not 65. :-) Why do you think 60+ year olds aren't interested in sex?

Old 06-05-2015, 12:07 PM

8,734 posts, read 13,818,525 times
I hope it ends well for him. The odds are not in his favor. Just hope he doesn't do anything that can't be reversed.

Old 06-05-2015, 12:26 PM

2,362 posts, read 1,923,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spedizzo View Post
You know what, I think I identify as a woman

I am going to demand that I get to shower with them at the gym
ooh I like your style, Mr!

Im soo soo sorry

I mean...Mrs!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies