Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2015, 11:53 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,233,828 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynternight View Post
Simple reasoning for simple people. You refute nothing and I doubt either of you read the article.
It is simple. No amount of mumbo-jumbo will change my mind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2015, 11:54 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,145,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
If you are born with a penis, you are a man. Anything else is baloney.
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
That pretty much destroys the OP's line of reasoning.

Thread fail.
Yeah, the human brain is MUCH less important and relevant than the piece of meat between your legs.

Old 02-24-2015, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Yeah, the human brain is MUCH less important and relevant than the piece of meat between your legs.
Its called acceptance for who you are.

If your brain is misfiring over gender confusion, I am sure there is a pill to correct that.

Old 02-24-2015, 12:03 PM

5,735 posts, read 3,255,779 times
chromosomes don't lie. you are either born male or female.
trans-gender people are people with mutilated genitalia.
Cher gave birth to a daughter not a son named chaz!

Quote:
It's easy for people so wrapped up in bigotry to dismiss anything that refutes their simplistic world view. We live in a world full of colour and they see only in black and white. I pity them and knew exactly who would respond in such a fashion. Once again the same people live down to my expectations.

Old 02-24-2015, 12:06 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,097,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Its called acceptance for who you are.

If your brain is misfiring over gender confusion, I am sure there is a pill to correct that.
Talks about self acceptance, then goes on to talk about taking pills (which is not a solution, but whatever) to suppress things about yourself.

The human brain is infinitely complex. I know you consider science to be, as you said, 'mumbo jumbo,' it's more correct that you are. Deal with reality so we don't have to listen to you trying to change it.

Old 02-24-2015, 12:24 PM

14,483 posts, read 11,289,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
What happens when you factor in people born with both genitals?

This over simplified logic is incompatible with the complexity of human life.
In these cases there is always a functioning genital and a non-functioning genital. The person is still a male or a female, not both.

Not that this makes it any less confusing.

Old 02-24-2015, 12:29 PM

27,156 posts, read 15,330,669 times
Quote:
Talks about self acceptance, then goes on to talk about taking pills (which is not a solution, but whatever) to suppress things about yourself.

The human brain is infinitely complex. I know you consider science to be, as you said, 'mumbo jumbo,' it's more correct that you are. Deal with reality so we don't have to listen to you trying to change it.

Hail the science of "multiple reality"?

Old 02-24-2015, 12:30 PM

920 posts, read 634,510 times
Quote:
That's not an answer. How do you know 'whats dominant?'

I read an article a while back about a baby born with both. The parents decided they wanted a girl so the chopped off the child's penis (it's also easier to remove). 11 years later, they child was asking when their penis was going to grow? Why? Because she was actually a he.

There's not a single piece of scientific research that suggests that your over simplified analysis of the issue is sufficient in dealing with the overall problem.

It sounds like you are talking about David Reimer. John Money, the psychologist overseeing the case, advised the parents to raise him as a girl after his penis was mutilated in a botched circumcision. David never felt he was a girl, even though he was raised in the female gender role. When his parents finally told him that he was born male, he immediately underwent surgery to restore his penis. If anything, this illustrates the fact that cosmetic surgery and indoctrination in alternate gender roles does NOT change the reality of DNA.

How is the psychology of gender dysphoria different from Body Integrity Identity Disorder? BIID sufferers claim that they can only be happy living as an amputee and have an intense desire to amputate healthy limbs they find uncomfortable to live with. BIID sufferers often pretend they are an amputee, either at home or in public.

Should the treatment for these people be to allow them to undergo surgeries to amputate healthy limbs? Is this a mental issue or is the public just "amputeeaphobes" and ignorant?

What about extreme anorexic or bulimic people who can only see themselves as horrifically obese? Should our only response to them to indulge them in their reality and encourage them to continue losing weight, since our natural response would be to get them physical and psychological help...and apparently that would make us haters and phobics, based on the logic employed by those with gender dysphoria.

Sorry, but those with gender dysphoria, cannot force others to deny reality or embrace their reality by bullying and name calling.

Undergoing cosmetic surgery and acting out opposite gender roles does NOT change your DNA and does not change reality.

Old 02-24-2015, 12:31 PM

Quote:

I am dealing with reality.

All the literature points to a mental disease.

I just boiled it down.

Old 02-24-2015, 12:38 PM

920 posts, read 634,510 times
Quote:
It's easy for people so wrapped up in bigotry to dismiss anything that refutes their simplistic world view. We live in a world full of colour and they see only in black and white. I pity them and knew exactly who would respond in such a fashion. Once again the same people live down to my expectations.
I am sure that those people you pity, feel the same pity towards those whose gender dysphoria creates some alternate reality that requires them to see black as white and white as black.

Sufferers of Gender Dysphoria are a lot like a child who insists she's a cat. She crawls on all fours and demands that she be feed out of a bowl on the floor. She meows and purrs and if you don't accept her reality, then she pouts and screams "I hate you."

It is painful when people refuse to indulge the reality of the gender dysphoric, but that doesn't make those people haters or phobics or ignorant, it makes them grounded and logical.

If your expectation is that people can only believe in your reality, then you are in for a lot of disappointments in your life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies