Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2015, 12:06 PM

3,840 posts, read 4,512,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
Not this person. I oppose all of it. Check the screen name and my post history. I make no secret about my singular hatred of Leviathan, nor discussions like these where my "tolerance" is insufficient until Leviathan's tyranny forces it.

I maintain that most people simply do not care about this issue one way or the other, and only are made to care by people petitioning to Leviathan to use force. If someone wants to have their genitals changed around, take hormones and all that...nobody else will care until made to care, by virtue of a man changing clothes in a woman's locker room (the current Planet Fitness bruhah), gender reassignment being added to mandatory insurance coverage (the whole reason this entire discussion exists in the first place), or simply new rules in place that makes listening to "Dude Looks Like A Lady" a hate crime.

Beyond that, chances are about 100% that you don't give the issue of transgenderism any thought at all. At least, that is, until discussions like this and the clear political agenda that drives them. Then we are all forced to care. And it's the being forced thing I oppose, and on any subject in any way.
Leviathan?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2015, 01:45 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,170,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynternight View Post
Sadly the people who need to read this the most are the ones who will likely ignore it but here's a few very powerful quotes:

2. ‘These people need therapy, not surgery.’

I have been over this before. They tried for decades to change people’s gender identities, the same way they tried to change sexual orientation. Drugs. Therapy. Electroshock therapy. Lobotomies. Institutionalization.
It doesn’t work.
Misrepresentation
If the misrepresentation occurs on purpose, then it is an example of lying. If the misrepresentation occurs during a debate in which there is misrepresentation of the opponent’s claim, then it would be the cause of a straw man fallacy.

No therapy for any emotional illness or mental illness will work unless the individual is wiling to participate.

Q: How many psychiatrists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: It only takes one, but the light bulb has to want to change.
Quote:
People, however, do not naturally identify as a cat or other non-human animal.
Not yet.....why don't you open the door for that.....oh, wait, that's exactly what you're doing.

Quote:
15. ‘It doesn’t change your DNA,’

This is irrelevant.
It is relevant.

DNA provides a measurable objective quantifiable standard that all can employ.

Contrast that with your subjective standard which is defined as, "Whatever I say it is, depending on who's in charge of the studios this week."

Signed....

Mircea-I'm-really-a-Hoosier-cabinet-trapped-in-the-body-of-an-Asian-Black-Female-Flat-Coated-Retriever

Old 03-09-2015, 01:55 PM

13,962 posts, read 5,628,343 times
Quote:
Leviathan?
Common colloquialism for oppressive, intrusive, tyrannical government descended from the book "Leviathan or The Matter, Forme and Power of a Common Wealth Ecclesiasticall and Civil" by Thomas Hobbes, published in 1651.

In that book, Hobbes lays out social contract theory and pretty much insists that such a social contract can only be carried out in a society RULED by an ABSOLUTE sovereign. Hence, for the better part of 400 years, libertarian/classic liberal individualists have referred to tyrannical/intrusive governments as "Leviathan."

Old 03-09-2015, 02:00 PM

3,840 posts, read 4,512,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
Common colloquialism for oppressive, intrusive, tyrannical government descended from the book "Leviathan or The Matter, Forme and Power of a Common Wealth Ecclesiasticall and Civil" by Thomas Hobbes, published in 1651.

In that book, Hobbes lays out social contract theory and pretty much insists that such a social contract can only be carried out in a society RULED by an ABSOLUTE sovereign. Hence, for the better part of 400 years, libertarian/classic liberal individualists have referred to tyrannical/intrusive governments as "Leviathan."
Ok, thank you. I was thinking you were referring to the Sumerian/Jewish Demon and was kind of addlepated. I've heard references to Mamon before in terms of greed but that was a first for me in regards to Leviathan.

Old 03-09-2015, 02:11 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,384,859 times
i confess i dont really spend much time thinking about this issue.

not until i started hearing reports of schools deciding that boys and girls should use the restroom they "identify" with....

the more i think about it, this becomes a "rights and noses" kind of issue.

That being YOUR rights end where MY NOSE begins.

in other words, do what you want but dont force others to participate unwillingly in your "right"

You want to cuss out? fine, just dont do it in a Chuck-E-Cheese's with my kids sitting next to you....

I really dont want to walk into a restroom and find a chick in there doing there.

I dont want my wife to walk into a dressing room at the local gym and find some undressed dude standing there pulling up his skirt (yea I realize what i just said there).

Old 03-09-2015, 02:14 PM

13,303 posts, read 7,872,015 times
Transgenders, or, transgenitals?

Certainly there must be some transgenitals out there.

Like, say, a guy doesn't think of himself as a woman, he just wants to be one.

Personally, I think they're all abuncha wannabees.

Last edited by Hyperthetic; 03-09-2015 at 02:53 PM..

Old 03-09-2015, 04:34 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,300,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
i confess i dont really spend much time thinking about this issue.

not until i started hearing reports of schools deciding that boys and girls should use the restroom they "identify" with....

the more i think about it, this becomes a "rights and noses" kind of issue.

That being YOUR rights end where MY NOSE begins.

in other words, do what you want but dont force others to participate unwillingly in your "right"

You want to cuss out? fine, just dont do it in a Chuck-E-Cheese's with my kids sitting next to you....

I really dont want to walk into a restroom and find a chick in there doing there.

I dont want my wife to walk into a dressing room at the local gym and find some undressed dude standing there pulling up his skirt (yea I realize what i just said there).
Care to explain that?

Old 03-09-2015, 07:31 PM

18,466 posts, read 15,253,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
Care to explain that?
"Your right to swing your arms ends just where the other man's nose begins."

-Oliver Wendell Holmes

A popular quote among people who consider themselves to be libertarians. Meaning, you have the right to do whatever you want, until it infringes on the rights of others.

Old 03-10-2015, 02:59 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,776,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
Transgenders, or, transgenitals?

Certainly there must be some transgenitals out there.

Like, say, a guy doesn't think of himself as a woman, he just wants to be one.

Personally, I think they're all abuncha wannabees.
What's wrong with that?

Old 03-10-2015, 11:10 AM

13,303 posts, read 7,872,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
What's wrong with that?
The desires had and sought are lost in the transition.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies