Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2015, 09:26 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,241,574 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroZombie View Post
First of all, I need to make it clear that I have very liberal ideals in me.

I don't think Sharia Law will ever become law of the land. That said, what many conservatives as well as myself are afraid of is the PC culture these days on the issue of Islam. The ultra-conservatives of Islam have taken over most of it. Unlike in the US where our religious nuts are loud but hold little power, their religious nuts actually hold all the power.

It really doesn't help when any criticism of what Muslims do is met with fervent defense by the PC police.
She asked you who these people were and as you claim to be a part of them it would seem you would be able to provide examples not simply claims.

Quote:
Why can't we criticize people who do bad things in the name of Islam? Why can't we criticize Islam?
First, those are two different things. Which one do you want addressed?

Quote:
In this specific case, we're not talking about some fringe group or ISIS here. We're talking about the mainstream court of law in a major country in the Middle East here.

And I'm willing to bet 100% of what I have that following my post will draw very angry PC people who think it is a forbidden subject for me to say that I'm scared more of Islamic conservatives than Christian conservatives. At least we have our conservatives tight in a leash. Their conservatives have made it the norm to execute gay people and made honor killing law of the land.

Islam is not a religion of peace like they want us to think.
Many countries believe our death penalty to be as barbaric. They refuse to deal with us where they think it might come in play.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2015, 09:34 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,754,176 times
I think the Imam is simply a pig in a black sheet. Poor little girl.

Old 03-14-2015, 09:39 AM

1,603 posts, read 1,114,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Lama suffered the following injuries before succumbing to death:

* A broken back
* Raped multiple times
* A crushed skull
* Numerous burns throughout her body
* A broken left arm
* Multiple broken ribs

He was found guilty, served a few months and is released.
Islamic foreplay.

Old 03-14-2015, 09:42 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,773,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroZombie View Post
First of all, I need to make it clear that I have very liberal ideals in me.

I don't think Sharia Law will ever become law of the land. That said, what many conservatives as well as myself are afraid of is the PC culture these days on the issue of Islam. The ultra-conservatives of Islam have taken over most of it. Unlike in the US where our religious nuts are loud but hold little power, their religious nuts actually hold all the power.

It really doesn't help when any criticism of what Muslims do is met with fervent defense by the PC police.

Why can't we criticize people who do bad things in the name of Islam? Why can't we criticize Islam?

In this specific case, we're not talking about some fringe group or ISIS here. We're talking about the mainstream court of law in a major country in the Middle East here.

And I'm willing to bet 100% of what I have that following my post will draw very angry PC people who think it is a forbidden subject for me to say that I'm scared more of Islamic conservatives than Christian conservatives. At least we have our conservatives tight in a leash. Their conservatives have made it the norm to execute gay people and made honor killing law of the land.

Islam is not a religion of peace like they want us to think.
There are about 50 countries that are super majority Muslim and most of them are secular and do not adhere to Sharia Law. The majority of the world's Muslims do not reside in the Middle East, let alone Saudi Arabia.

Sunni Islam is the state religion of Saudi Arabia and its law requires that all citizens be Muslims. The government does not protect the freedom of religion. That's their choice. That you or I and the US does not agree with their choice of law does not mean squat to them. That Saudi Arabia is a US ally and continues to trade oil in the Petrodollar matters. Your standard of living depends on it.

Old 03-14-2015, 10:07 AM

3,349 posts, read 2,849,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
There are about 50 countries that are super majority Muslim and most of them are secular and do not adhere to Sharia Law. The majority of the world's Muslims do not reside in the Middle East, let alone Saudi Arabia.

Sunni Islam is the state religion of Saudi Arabia and its law requires that all citizens be Muslims. The government does not protect the freedom of religion. That's their choice. That you or I and the US does not agree with their choice of law does not mean squat to them. That Saudi Arabia is a US ally and continues to trade oil in the Petrodollar matters. Your standard of living depends on it.
I am leftist and I think we should not business with the middle east.
We should invest more environment friendly options.

Old 03-14-2015, 10:11 AM

26,513 posts, read 15,092,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
A popular Saudi Arabian television preacher was found guilty of murdering his own 5-year-old daughter because he doubted her virginity, as reported by The Daily Mail (of London, England).

I guess not eh? What is the point of this thread? That there are mentally ill folks in other countries just the same as there are here?
[MOD CUT/off topic]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
The argument was it is O.K. It seems it isn't eh?

I can even argue that some aspects are less barbaric.

In line with Sharia'a Law, a father cannot be executed for the slaying of either his wife or any of his children.

I believe that no one has the right to take the life of another outside of self defense. Here we might strap him to a bed and inject him with chemicals to kill him. But that's cool, right? Kill em. Kill em. Kill em. We see it here (and elsewhere) all the time. Kill them all.
You were ignoring the fact that he only served LESS THAN 5 Months for murdering his 5 year old daughter on top of cracking her ribs, breaking her arm, cracking her skull and raping her.

You pointed out that he was found guilty and that Americans do bad things too. All while ignoring this evil man's heinously evil actions got him a whopping 5 months in jail.

Sharia Law is backwards, period.

I do not believe in cultural relativism...it is okay to judge cultures. Any culture where it is acceptable to kill your daughter for not being a virgin is backwards, period.

I am not a capital punishment fan either, except in extremely rare cases - talking like less than 1 a year in the entire US. However, it is ridiculous for you to try and equate our culture here in the US to that kind of Sharia Law.

No human is perfect and since culture is a human construct no culture will be perfect. However, the US mainstream culture is in fact superior to that kind of Sharia Culture...period. The same people that would argue otherwise and defend cultural relativism would be the first to flip out over Romney getting a "binder full of women's resumes" from a women's business organization so he can "hire them and give them jobs." Hypocrisy.

Old 03-14-2015, 10:11 AM

13,621 posts, read 12,738,345 times
castration with a very dull knife!!!! then buried alive..

Old 03-14-2015, 10:13 AM

174 posts, read 125,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Saudi imam rapes, tortures 5-yr-old daughter because he 'doubted her virginity' - Wilmington Conservative | Examiner.com
Following Sharia law, an Imam tortures and kills his 5 year old daughter because he doubts her virginity. Punishment is a fine.
But Islam is a religion of love and peace.

Old 03-14-2015, 10:15 AM

96 posts, read 85,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post

I'm going to use the same argument here as I used with regard to issues of gay rights.

In regard to gay rights issues, I understand that the great majority of christians don't care either way. They don't ever say anything. And in my book, if they don't say anything, they don't matter at all.

Same with this situation. The great majority of muslims out there haven't cared enough to say anything. Why should they matter?

Saudi Arabia is an ally, yes. And my living standard depends on them, yes. That said, that doesn't mean I accept what they think is moral the same way that I use services by christians but that doesn't mean I have to accept that my relationship with my partner is an abomination.

Old 03-14-2015, 10:37 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,568,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Yet, Leftists think it's just fine to allow Sharia law here in the USA.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Show me a leftist who defends the murder of a five year old girl.
And show me one who says it is fine to allow Sharia law here?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies