Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2015, 01:46 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,197,584 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasReb View Post
Great post! Here is another along the same lines, by a gay man:

Who explains to the young daughters when they reach an age how to deal with their growing breasts, their periods, boyz sniffing around them demanding b**w jobs, how you stay chaste, how to deal with the meanness of other little girls, what PMS feels like and how to deal with it, the expectations of motherhood, what to expect with a baby in your belly, how you feel with various kinds of birth control, how other women feel and what is going on almost every day of your uniquely female life? Huh? How is it two men think they have what it takes to raise a female child, or two women think they have a clue about the pressures of being a boy and dealing with the pressures of testosterone, male bonding, etc.

Oh yes, it’s so very politically incorrect to dare suggest that a child is entitled to parents
of both sexes, but in point of fact, THAT IS HOW NATURE INTENDED human
children are raised. Sorry, I know it is a hanging offense to suggest in
this oversensitive age that child raising and homosexuality might have even
the slightest hint of a problem, but then of course who gives a **** about
children when we’re talking about OUR RIGHTS?
Are men incapable of reading a biology text?

My dad had to explain the birds and bees, menstruation, and took me to buy my first bra. Mom was unable to discuss anything related to the human bodies functions like that.
And who better than a man to tell you about how a man thinks regarding sex and what they will try in order to get it. My dad did a great job with that stuff even though I'm sure that it was probably embarrassing.

Old 03-17-2015, 01:47 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,197,584 times
Quote:
They have a father in their life, don't they?
They have two mothers that love them unconditionally.

Old 03-17-2015, 01:58 PM

10,239 posts, read 19,598,982 times
Quote:
Truly: No one (here) cares about what it is in your mind. All that matters to the public arena is how you behave in the public arena. As long as your proclivities aren't turned into bigotry (such as creating a hostile work or retail environment for same-sex couples) or hatred (actively working to codify or defend institutionalized bigotry), then it is not any of the public's business.
Nope, what matters is the moral values of the county I live in. I don't want to live in one where I have to explain to my grandchildren why two men or two women can introduce their partners as their husbands/wives. It is sick.

Bigotry? Gimme a break. Why is it you "gay rights" crowd must frame everything in terms of "bigotry"? Is that the only way you can make your case?

Fine. I am a pure bigot and proud of it.

Old 03-17-2015, 02:00 PM

18,382 posts, read 19,008,619 times
Quote:
Nope, what matters is the moral values of the county I live in. I don't want to live in one where I have to explain to my grandchildren why two men or two women can introduce their partners as their husbands/wives. It is sick.

Bigotry? Gimme a break. Why is it you "gay rights" crowd must frame everything in terms of "bigotry"? Is that the only way you can make your case?

lots of things in this world you have to explain to children. you can't stop the world from turning because you don't like certain aspects of it.

Old 03-17-2015, 02:04 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times
Quote:

Really, explaining to your grandchildren why two same sex people are married is sick to you? How about you leave that to their parents to explain if you are incapable of doing so. It isn't like same sex couples are having sex in public and/or you have to explain to your grandchildren how a same sex couple has sex or anything.

Though what you have postied is nothing one should be proud of.

Old 03-17-2015, 02:21 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,501,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
They have two mothers that love them unconditionally.
And that is what the girl had in the article but she still missed having a father to be there with her and her mother in the same family.

Old 03-17-2015, 02:26 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
And that is what the girl had in the article but she still missed having a father to be there with her and her mother in the same family.
Well not every family is the same, my wife's mother ran out on them and was just raised by her father. Families are all different, I doubt that "girl in the article" would have wanted to remove any of her mothers to replace them with a man.

Old 03-17-2015, 02:30 PM

33,524 posts, read 37,121,123 times
Quote:

“What a sad era when it is easier to smash an atom than a prejudice.”
― Albert Einstein

Old 03-17-2015, 02:33 PM

4,529 posts, read 5,136,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
In this case, it is the State Governments to decide, if it is in their State Constitution or not. Then the People of the State(Republic of California Texas ect,.) vote. It must pass with 2/3. That is how it works.
The 10th Amendment dictates that is where the power in marriage lies, without an amendment to the US Constitution. Where it takes 2/3 of the States and 2/3 of the peoples vote on referendum in each State.

If it was not left to the States, the Federal government would issue marriage licenses.

Would you find it okay if New York decided not to view opposite-sex marriages as legal? And on top of that you and your wife had to move to NY for work. Since we are a united union this issue must be fixed on the Federal level. We can't have couples that are legally married in one state but not in another.

Old 03-17-2015, 02:35 PM

2,572 posts, read 4,249,758 times
Quote:

i'm sure your grandkids know more about same-sex marriage than you do. They probably consider you more disgusting, being a self-proclaimed bigot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies