Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2015, 06:40 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
There is no way to prove what healthcare would have cost without ObamaCare. All you can do is look at the trends and forecast what it "might have been". If you do that, you'll find that we were trending for much higher costs. So while healthcare costs continue to rise, they are rising at a lower rate than they were for many years before ACA kicked in. Based on that stat (which is admittedly only one data point), you would be wrong with your statement. ACA has yielded us more savings than Fracking according to available evidence.

Source?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2015, 07:02 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,059,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GG706 View Post
Interesting how you all demand a link to prove contamination, then when you are given one that proves contamination you pick and choose certain things to comment on and attempt to completely dismiss that the unfortunate fact is that water IS being contaminated.
The EPA report proved nothing because it was flawed, it was never released for peer review and abandoned by the EPA with reason.

Old 05-14-2015, 07:02 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Originally Posted by Your Article
As it turns out, the average family of 4 has only had to face a relatively modest burden from Obamacare over the past four years—a little over $125.

So if you want to compare apples to apples, current savings to current savings, then you are incorrect. Actually, your own source says that in the past four years it has saved 125 times as much as you stated.

As for future savings or costs:

1. The article can only predict. You can't state the future as fact, and more to the point
2. It ignores what would have happened without ACA. There is NO WAY to prove something that never happened. Heck, for all we know, it could have been even WORSE than I or you are saying, but we can't state any of it as fact. That trend was not allowed to play out.[/quote]

This is from 4/07/2014.

Enjoy...

The average increases are in excess of 11% in the small group market and 12% in the individual market. Some state show increases 10 to 50 times that amount. The analysts conclude that the “increases are largely due to changes under the ACA.”

Health Plan Premiums Are Skyrocketing According To New Survey Of 148 Insurance Brokers, With Delaware Up 100%, California 53%, Florida 37%, Pennsylvania 28% - Forbes

Old 05-14-2015, 07:16 AM

58 posts, read 40,188 times
I'm over not posting links as you suggested. Doesn't this look fun! I am so sure you all would love to live there. I am sure there are many properties for sale!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wznu4gXQbVs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiHP9XswNMs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KT2H4JkT5Bs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAafjQxhP1k

Old 05-14-2015, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
The EPA report proved nothing because it was flawed, it was never released for peer review and abandoned by the EPA with reason.
Where is the proof of that?

Old 05-14-2015, 08:04 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,059,937 times
Quote:
Where is the proof of that?
Certainly if you are going to post a resource it's your responsibility to verify it.

In any event here you go.

EPA Abandons Study

Bit of advice, if you're going to reference something you better do a little more homework than just clicking the first link you find, especially one that is dated.

Old 05-14-2015, 08:16 AM

2,014 posts, read 1,529,358 times
Quote:
The fact we NEED fossil fuels is garbage! PEOPLE NEED to change our wasteful, gluttonous society. We have plenty of technology to get us off a lot of fossil fuels, but the GAS AND OIL COMPANIES won't ALLOW it!
Got a new roll of tin foil I see. Probably made yourself a double layered hat so the reptilian overlords couldn't control your mind anymore. That's why you're so knowledgeable about the evil oil companies stifling technology that will allows cars to travel 500 miles on a galllon of water.

It would be hysterical if it wasn't so pathetic.

Old 05-14-2015, 08:19 AM

Did you read what you posted? It basically says it was abandoned because of pressures from the Government and the Fracking Companies. I fail to see the validity of that. So am I to presume from your logic then when the well was drilled the chemicals used in fracking were already present and just now becoming a problem? My father drilled wells when I was growing up, wells are tested after drilling to be sure they safe when completed. People have been drinking out of their wells for years, fracking comes in nearby and all the sudden they have BIG changes to their water....and this all coincidence? NOPE NOT BUYING IT!!!!!

Old 05-14-2015, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer0101 View Post
Got a new roll of tin foil I see. Probably made yourself a double layered hat so the reptilian overlords couldn't control your mind anymore. That's why you're so knowledgeable about the evil oil companies stifling technology that will allows cars to travel 500 miles on a galllon of water.

It would be hysterical if it wasn't so pathetic.
It must be nice to live in such an ignorant world!

Old 05-14-2015, 08:22 AM

2,014 posts, read 1,529,358 times
Quote:
It must be nice to live in such an ignorant world!
From what you've posted I'd have to say you are the worlds foremost expert on living in an ignorant world and proud of it as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies