Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2015, 11:44 AM

58 posts, read 40,196 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer0101 View Post
Really, you're better off not trying to talk about things about which you obviously have no knowledge.

Stick to your rants, it's more entertaining.
Haven't heard any actual knowledge out of you. What exactly am I stating that is incorrect?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2015, 12:01 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,080,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GG706 View Post
They don't always pump it back into the oil well. They can take it to many locations of class II wells and inject it into that well. Pennsylvania, West Virgina, and New York are taking theirs to Ohio to dump it because they don't want it in their own state. They are fracking for natural gas in those areas nothing to do with oil. Saw New York may have banned fracking is this true?
I'm still awaiting the citation for the quotes you used?

Old 05-11-2015, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Haven't heard any actual knowledge out of you.
Oh intelligent one, since you mentioned and quoted a concern about benzene, specifically where is the reference of your concerns.

Old 05-11-2015, 01:23 PM

2,014 posts, read 1,530,171 times
Quote:
Haven't heard any actual knowledge out of you. What exactly am I stating that is incorrect?
Why should I cast pearls before swine? You aren't the least bit interested in learning anything all you want to do is wallow in your ignorance. Anyone with a shred of intellectual curiosity would already know that 95% of your ranting is stuff that has been repeatedly disproved but the facts don't mean anything to people like you.

Old 05-11-2015, 01:49 PM

No it is not. You can look all over the internet and find a lot. I do not like to post links unless the website says it is OK and most do not address reposting. Obviously you are not going to see the writing on the wall and you are not going to actually look at anything that does not follow your "I'll stick my head in the sand, and pretend it is OK" It is NOT OK
Let me guess....it is safe because the government says so? Cocaine, cigarettes and tapeworms to lose weight were once "safe" as well.
Still have not heard anything the least bit intelligent out of either one of you!

Old 05-11-2015, 01:52 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,827,388 times
Quote:
No it is not. You can look all over the internet and find a lot. I do not like to post links unless the website says it is OK and most do not address reposting. Obviously you are not going to see the writing on the wall and you are not going to actually look at anything that does not follow your "I'll stick my head in the sand, and pretend it is OK" It is NOT OK
Let me guess....it is safe because the government says so? Cocaine, cigarettes and tapeworms to lose weight were once "safe" as well.
Still have not heard anything the least bit intelligent out of either one you!
We sure are lucky to have an expert, such as yourself, on this very forum to teach us about the evil dangers of Fracking. Who even needs evidence, we have GC706!

Old 05-11-2015, 01:59 PM

I'm not trying to teach you anything. You challenged me, and have nothing but my quotes with no intelligent rebuttal Might help if you all actually knew something first. You can look up how they frac for natural gas it is exactly as I said. There have been poisoned wells, streams, and property damage. THAT IS A FACT!

Old 05-12-2015, 05:47 AM

Quote:
There have been poisoned wells, streams, and property damage. THAT IS A FACT!
Studies by the EPA and others suggest that the minor amount of contamination that has occurred is almost entirely the result of surface spills e.g. holding pond breaks. This water is high in salt so it's going to kill anything it gets near in high enough concentrations. This is temporary issue.

Old 05-12-2015, 06:39 AM

4,214 posts, read 3,763,837 times
There are a hundred websites that explain in detail the fracking process and a hundred more showing how dangerous it is and the effects it can have on humans and the environment. The simple process itself should raise a red flag and make you think how injecting chemicals into the ground, even if it is below the aquifers as some of you say, is a good thing? I am not trying to disprove your evidence but the rest of us also have evidence as well to prove otherwise. If you don't like the evidence provided then that is on you. Trying to make a point on this topic is like talking to a wall for both sides. In a few years there will be cases similar to the case with Erin Brockovich and there will still be people saying its safe. In the end I don't think saving a few dollars is worth the cost of our environment.

Old 05-12-2015, 06:43 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,143,658 times
So $150 a consumer times 300 million consumers, thats a hell of a lot of money saved, left upset..

But lets pass ACA which will cost $1.7 trillion over a decade and leave 30 million uninsured.. Left applaud..

Liberals.. brain dead..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies