Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2015, 08:58 AM

2,014 posts, read 1,529,903 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangman66 View Post
There are a hundred websites that explain in detail the fracking process and a hundred more showing how dangerous it is and the effects it can have on humans and the environment. The simple process itself should raise a red flag and make you think how injecting chemicals into the ground, even if it is below the aquifers as some of you say, is a good thing? I am not trying to disprove your evidence but the rest of us also have evidence as well to prove otherwise. If you don't like the evidence provided then that is on you. Trying to make a point on this topic is like talking to a wall for both sides. In a few years there will be cases similar to the case with Erin Brockovich and there will still be people saying its safe. In the end I don't think saving a few dollars is worth the cost of our environment.
A bunch of websites by anti-energy environazi whack jobs doesn't prove anything. This is all a lot of advocacy propaganda by people that repeatedly display their ignorance and deliberate dishonesty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2015, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Appreciate your honesty... however I know that actual facts show that fracking is harmful. Not trying to butt heads but we have to agree to disagree. As long as it stays out of my neck of the woods I will be happy.
Actual facts don't show anything of the kind. Even a federal government that is currently very anti the energy business can't find anything but people like you persist in believing the absolute garbage that is put out by advocacy groups.

Old 05-12-2015, 09:06 AM

4,214 posts, read 3,763,837 times
I understand you feel that way, however, I feel that the websites you are viewing are give a false sense of security...but gain we have to agree to disagree. I am not anti energy, I just feel chemicals being pumped into the earth is bad news and I apparently am not the only one as there are more websites about the harm of fracking rather than the benefits of it. We are both preaching to a wall, but in the end you win because the little people that want to make a change for the better will get squashed by the big govt.

Old 05-12-2015, 09:18 AM

12,287 posts, read 9,827,388 times
Quote:
I understand you feel that way, however, I feel that the websites you are viewing are give a false sense of security...but gain we have to agree to disagree. I am not anti energy, I just feel chemicals being pumped into the earth is bad news and I apparently am not the only one as there are more websites about the harm of fracking rather than the benefits of it. We are both preaching to a wall, but in the end you win because the little people that want to make a change for the better will get squashed by the big govt.
I was unaware paying more for energy was making a change for the better.

Old 05-12-2015, 09:22 AM

Quote:
I know this will make you reject everything I say but the truth is I do know what I'm talking about. I fracked my first well in 1975, I've been in the energy business for 40 years. I know the science and engineering behind what goes on and the results. That's why I have such contempt for people that are clearly monumentally ignorant on the subject but more than ready to make pronouncements based on that ignorance. I'm also a certified Permaculture designer and about as green as they come. I don't agree to disagree because the simple truth is I know what I'm talking about and you don't. I do appreciate your civility, it's a refreshing change.

Old 05-12-2015, 09:41 AM

4,214 posts, read 3,763,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
I was unaware paying more for energy was making a change for the better.
I am willing to pay higher prices to have a healthy environment so that my children and their children will not have to suffer. There should be no price on environmental issues in my opinion... a healthy environment is for the better.

Old 05-12-2015, 07:12 PM

58 posts, read 40,196 times
The ???? on my post were not a question if you will notice. They were for you to elaborate on what was incorrect, which I have asked and have not heard a response..... There are Class II wells specifically drilled and meant for dumping fracking waste laced with chemicals. As a matter of fact 2400 Class II wells exist in Ohio alone.
The post Texas has been fracking and had "no problems"...I think the citizens of Chico, TX would adamantly disagree! As I said before it should not be on the citizen, of affected areas especially, to prove it is unsafe, it should be the burden of fracking companies and government to prove it is safe....which again they CANNOT! I hurt for the people in areas affected...mine is not. IT IS NOT FAIR! All of us benefit in a small way and others are paying a huge price. I stick by my thoughts of the first man to sell benefits, the rest in the area sell for pennies on the dollar to get out...the fracking companies know this. Would like to hear about this from people affected to see if this is true. The energy companies are not stupid. You sell or live with what they are doing. As I see it...It is the Benefiting Politicians and the Energy Companies WORLD and those affected are just trying to not get cancer and live in it. It is NOT right and NOT fair! It is a finite resource with infinite consequences. As a society we need to move on!

Old 05-12-2015, 07:32 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,074,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GG706 View Post
They were for you to elaborate on what was incorrect, which I have asked and have not heard a response.....
I've elaborated on the benzene despite the fact you have yet to provide any reference to your claims or even a reply to what I stated.

If you are going to state specific facts you should be able to provide reference especially when asked.

Quote:
As a society we need to move on!
To what?

Old 05-12-2015, 08:01 PM

58 posts, read 40,196 times
As I stated previously I do not want to copy links, most sites have directions of what is Ok to copy and credits etc. I do post a link occasionally but not much. Here is one I have checked out....I don't know what their rules are. Ohio Would be VERY disturbing to me if I lived in Ohio or near Ohio. the Shale Gas and Disposal map would be of special concern to me. If you scroll down you will see this map.
We need to move on to solar, wind, ocean current generated power. We have had technology to run cars off WAY more MPG than we get now...however government and gas companies throttle it. Until politicians are not bought out and hold stock in energy companies nothing will change.

Last edited by GG706; 05-12-2015 at 08:20 PM.. Reason: add content

Old 05-12-2015, 08:41 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,074,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GG706 View Post
As I stated previously I do not want to copy links, most sites have directions of what is Ok to copy and credits etc. I do post a link occasionally but not much.
There is absolutely no law against linking to material, if anything the website owner may request it be removed by this site owner. You can even provide a snippet of the material you are linking too, this falls under the fair use clause in copyright.

Specifically where is the reference for your concerns about Benzene as that is easily something that should be of great concern to anyone.

Quote:
We need to move on to solar, wind, ocean current generated power.
Solar and wind will never replace fossil fuels, they can only ever be supplemental becsue of the unpredictable supply and the storage issue. Power generated from ocean currents is certainly interesting and just like geothermal has the potential to replace fossil fuels but both have enormous cost hurdles. If any of these technologies were cost effective alternatives companies would be tripping over themselves to implement them.

Quote:
We have had technology to run cars off WAY more MPG than we get now...however government and gas companies throttle it
Baloney, patents are searchable and only last for 20 years. Which patented technology are you referring too?

Are they hiding this technology? Baloney as well becsue then you run the risk of someone else discovering and patenting this world altering technology themselves. There is absolutely no incentive to hide tech.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies