Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2015, 08:27 AM

58 posts, read 40,180 times

Advertisements

I see no comments on the vidoes of real people dealing with this. You all are morons!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2015, 09:04 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,035,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GG706 View Post
It basically says it was abandoned because of pressures from the Government and the Fracking Companies.
That's not what it said, it was abandoned becsue it was flawed and the EPA is not going to abandon a study like this without good reason. Specifically they didn't even follow their own guidelines for such test wells. Had it been opened to peer review it would have been torn apart.

Quote:
So am I to presume from your logic then when the well was drilled the chemicals used in fracking were already present and just now becoming a problem?
The wells they are drilling in this are are very shallow. These are all naturally occurring substances in oil/gas formations so yes it could be natural contamination. If you were to follow up a little more on it what you're going to find is other locals reporting the water has always been bad and this is small group of making complaints.

Old 05-14-2015, 09:06 AM

Quote:
I see no comments on the vidoes of real people dealing with this. You all are morons!
For every person you can find complaining you can find one happy, neither of that is fact based evidence.

Old 05-14-2015, 09:35 AM

4,208 posts, read 3,757,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
For every person you can find complaining you can find one happy, neither of that is fact based evidence.
Not sure why there is a constant request for citations against fracking because there hasn't been one that anyone accepts but according to wiki.. "In 2012, Vermont became the first state in the United States to ban hydraulic fracturing. On December 17, 2014, New York became the second state to issue a complete ban on any hydraulic fracturing due to potential risks to human health and the environment".

If there are no issues with it why would two entire states ban it all together because of the potential risks?

Old 05-14-2015, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Not sure why there is a constant request for citations against fracking because there hasn't been one that anyone accepts but according
When you are going to make specific statements of fact you should have a specific statement of reference. For example I often site EPA and other government resources and the studies themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangman66 View Post

If there are no issues with it why would two entire states ban it all together because of the potential risks?
Because they are bunch of liberal yahoos working to appease people like yourself that will ignore the facts? Why don't you ask the people that live in that area dominated by NYC policies?

Probably an empty threat but for what it's worth.

Upstate towns threatening to secede from New York | New York Post

Old 05-14-2015, 09:58 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,093,273 times
Quote:
So for all of the advocates out there...I assume you would have absolutely no problem if they began fracking in your neighborhood?
There has been a HUGE fracking boom in our neighborhood.. Lots of well paying job, and around here, it was badly needed where houses can be bought for $5K..

Old 05-14-2015, 09:59 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,093,273 times
Quote:
Not sure why there is a constant request for citations against fracking because there hasn't been one that anyone accepts but according to wiki.. "In 2012, Vermont became the first state in the United States to ban hydraulic fracturing. On December 17, 2014, New York became the second state to issue a complete ban on any hydraulic fracturing due to potential risks to human health and the environment".

For the same reason they ban things like "weed",

Public perception, isnt always reality.

Just like the left celebrates how successful ACA is, despite it hardly denting the number of uninsured americans.

Old 05-14-2015, 09:59 AM

4,208 posts, read 3,757,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
When you are going to make specific statements of fact you should have a specific statement of reference. For example I often site EPA and other government resources and the studies themselves.

Because they are bunch of liberal yahoos working to appease people like yourself that will ignore the facts? Why don't you ask the people that live in that area dominated by NYC policies?

Probably an empty threat but for what it's worth.

Upstate towns threatening to secede from New York | New York Post

Please do not put myself and liberal in the same sentence. I am far from a Liberal.

Old 05-14-2015, 02:43 PM

58 posts, read 40,180 times
The link you posted took me to a google search and this is the first thing that popped up.
EPA’s Abandoned Wyoming Fracking Study One Retreat of Many - ProPublica

Doesn't really matter if a well is shallow or not, people were fine with the well until fracking come to their neighborhood. It is not just if it contaminates wells, streams, etc. people's towns are destroyed. Neighbor against neighbor, protesting, busy roads filled with frack trucks, life completely turned upside down. On the video I posted of the people affected, every time they take a shower or get a drink of water it is in the back of their mind if it is safe. No one in the U.S. should have to live like that! We are all pawns to be squashed at by the Energy Companies and the Politicians are their puppets!

Old 05-14-2015, 03:48 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,060,996 times
Quote:
I'm one of those center/left types and also a studying geologist. I can tell you from an informed perspective that fracking is a very safe process, and I've had to research and prepare papers on this very topic. For a host of geological reasons, there is very little chance for aquifer contamination and any accidents thus far have been small in nature and easily rectified.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies