Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2015, 06:31 PM

2,686 posts, read 1,771,792 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
Here’s the answer: The reason Trayvon, Michael, and Walter are dead is because they had the nerve to do the same thing me and the five teens almost got killed for that day. We had the nerve to assert our right to be respected and to get angry with someone with a gun who was either looking for a confrontation or was infuriated when we refused to bow down and be subservient.
The reason that Trayvon, Michael, and Walter are dead is because they bashed another man's head into a sidewalk, tried to take a gun, or took a taser and ran. That isn't asserting a right to be respected, it is thuggish behavior and will always end badly.

Old 04-11-2015, 06:32 PM

639 posts, read 821,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatsnext75 View Post
It's unbelievable that race only becomes an issue when it's a white person killing a black person...which doesn't happen often.
I agree with only part of what you said which is whites rarely kill blacks but you forgot to leave out blacks rarely kill whites as well. The issue in the news right now is not about whites killing blacks its about white OFFICERS killing UNARMED black men at a VERY high rate. Have black officers killed white men of course they have but I'd bet the farm 99% of the time it was NOT a UNARMED white man. Dick Gregory put it quite simply when he said "the reason why you don't see black officers killing UNARMED white men is because black officers know that it would not be tolerated by white folks and the reason why you see white officers killing UNARMED black men at a VERY high rate is because they know they can get away with it." People can disagree all they want but it's the honest to GOD's truth and we all know that the truth sets you free.

Old 04-11-2015, 06:37 PM

3,268 posts, read 3,325,212 times
With all the negative attention police get for using force you'd think they'd stop. But theyre not. So what does that tell you? Who is going to put the crackdown on this? Or could it be that it's really not that bad and the media is just making this an issue? I mean I'm just sayin'....if I got caught doing something 'bad' I'd stop. These guys aren't stopping the physical force and no one seems to be stopping them. Obama doesn't even seem to care. Perhaps this is just what policing has become.

Old 04-11-2015, 07:32 PM

2,686 posts, read 1,771,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by runswithscissors View Post

But that's cute the author thinks it's perfectly fine for the car load of teenagers to yell back. And HIMSELF apparently. .
Not only that but the group was volunteering at a church. I thought that Jesus said to turn the other cheek.

Old 04-11-2015, 07:35 PM

35,081 posts, read 17,033,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NativeSon504 View Post
I agree with only part of what you said which is whites rarely kill blacks but you forgot to leave out blacks rarely kill whites as well. The issue in the news right now is not about whites killing blacks its about white OFFICERS killing UNARMED black men at a VERY high rate. Have black officers killed white men of course they have but I'd bet the farm 99% of the time it was NOT a UNARMED white man. Dick Gregory put it quite simply when he said "the reason why you don't see black officers killing UNARMED white men is because black officers know that it would not be tolerated by white folks and the reason why you see white officers killing UNARMED black men at a VERY high rate is because they know they can get away with it." People can disagree all they want but it's the honest to GOD's truth and we all know that the truth sets you free.
The reason why it's "tolerated" when whites kill a so-called unarmed black is that usually the black person is engaging in some kind of criminal or threatening behavior at the time. Michael Brown's size made him a weapon, even if he was nominally unarmed. And don't forget he lunged for the officer's gun. And Wood apparently wanted the officer's taser.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatsnext75 View Post
With all the negative attention police get for using force you'd think they'd stop. But theyre not. So what does that tell you? Who is going to put the crackdown on this? Or could it be that it's really not that bad and the media is just making this an issue? I mean I'm just sayin'....if I got caught doing something 'bad' I'd stop. These guys aren't stopping the physical force and no one seems to be stopping them. Obama doesn't even seem to care. Perhaps this is just what policing has become.
Police have to react instantly in high-stress situations. Would you rather police not enforce the law?

Old 04-11-2015, 10:39 PM

639 posts, read 821,614 times
[quote=jbgusa;39185165]The reason why it's "tolerated" when whites kill a so-called unarmed black is that usually the black person is engaging in some kind of criminal or threatening behavior at the time. Michael Brown's size made him a weapon, even if he was nominally unarmed. And don't forget he lunged for the officer's gun. And Wood apparently wanted the officer's taser.

Please tell me you don't actually believe this right? Your post has got to be one of the most ignorant post I've ever read on CD. Smdh.... Mike Brown did not lunge for Wilson gun furthermore who in the hell charges ANYONE firing a damn gun at them. Are you serious? And what the hell do u mean by"the black person is engaging in some kind of criminal or threatening behavior at the time"? BS and you know it. Bottom line Wilson is a coward and just like a lot of white men in general FEAR black men. Also I know you are not going to sit up hear and justify another coward white cop firing 8 rounds at an UNARMED 55 year old black man running AWAY which means his back was turned. How can anyone who seen the video justify what the officer did. C'mon man!!!!!!

Last edited by NativeSon504; 04-11-2015 at 10:47 PM.. Reason: proofreading

Old 04-12-2015, 01:17 AM

2 posts, read 2,165 times
I thought this thread would be about the fact that most killings of Blacks in America are done by other Blacks, especially young Black males against other Black males, in an urban environment. Instead, it seems to be claiming whites are using guns to make blacks cower, which is a complete fallacy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies