Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2015, 04:33 PM

16,603 posts, read 8,622,620 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
Does this apply to Randy Weaver, the Branch Davidians, Cliven Bundy, and a whole litany of white supremacist, sovereign citizens and other assorted white right-wing crazies?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3VlMWTJ9GY
I am not sure what makes them right wing in your mind, but in answer to your question these type of people are undoubtedly included in my statement. Heck by their very proclamation of not being citizens or whatever other nutty thing they think or claim, they lack a respect for authority.
Fortunately they are small in numbers, especially when compared to the population as a whole.

`

Old 04-10-2015, 04:42 PM

7,280 posts, read 10,957,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
Irrelevant.

Black on black violence has nothing to do with Police killings of young black men. Stop deflecting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
Did you read the title of the OP? I did.

YOU are the one deflecting.

Just to help you understand, this is the title of the OP:

"What No One is Saying About the Killings of Blacks in America."

Now perhaps you ought to go back and read the OP, just in case you remain confused.

Poof, like it never happened.

I guess the potato got too hot.

Old 04-10-2015, 04:48 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,648,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
Does this apply to Randy Weaver, the Branch Davidians, Cliven Bundy, and a whole litany of white supremacist, sovereign citizens and other assorted white right-wing crazies?
Hmm. What is the difference between a "white right-wing crazie" and a "white left-wing crazie"?

Old 04-10-2015, 05:11 PM

6,706 posts, read 5,941,631 times
I would dispute Mr. Saan's contention that black-on-black crime is not worthy of discussion in the context of racism. Indeed, it is the high rate of black crime--property, assault, rape, and murder--that contributes to a continuing racism in the U.S.

According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics (bjs.gov), about half the gun homicides in the U.S. (8,000 out of 16,000 annually) are committed by black males, and most of their victims are also black. The next largest group is Hispanics, followed by whites.

Were it not for this tiny (1%) population of criminals, i.e. black male gangbangers ages 16-40, there would be no debate about gun control in the United States, because our per capita gun homicides would be about the same as Canada's and western Europe's.

But out of a sense of political correctness, that we must never mention race in the context of crime, the numbers are averaged together, and respectable people (white, black, Asian, etc) who wish to own legitimately purchased firearms for sport and self-defense are lumped in with a hyper-violent urban ghetto population who by and large obtain their firearms by theft or out of someone's car trunk.

The hyper focus on white-on-black homicides, which are a tiny minority of all shootings, and in the case of police officers discharging their firearms amounts to 20-30 per year, is far out of proportion in a country of 320 million. There is approximately one black victim shot every hour of the day -- how is this not the real and most urgent topic of debate?

Ethnic violence in the U.S. is nothing new, but the Civil Rights Act is now 50 years old and several generations of Americans have been born with no personal experience of institutional racism or open ethnic/religious discrimination. Yet, the black population, at least a large urban sub-group, is still dissatisfied, still under performs in the schools and in the workplace, and still engages disproportionate violence. The popular music of this generation--rap--is violent and misogynistic. A successful rapper ought to have an assault sheet in order to earn "street cred".

A couple of generations back, black music was jazz and blues, two of the most brilliant cultural achievements in musical history, and now it's a kind of nihilistic, in-your-face stream of profanity. Why? What has happened to our society, decades after emancipation and enforced quotas to get black people into the middle class and forced school integration? Why is there still so much violence when there are vastly more educational and professional opportunities than ever before?

I don't have the answers, but I do know that we cannot solve these problems until we recognize the problems and stop pretending that 20-30 white-on-black shootings are the crux of it while ignoring 8,000 black-on-black shootings and the many black-on-white shootings as well.

Old 04-10-2015, 06:59 PM

2,953 posts, read 2,902,256 times
The flaw in the OP logic is he confuses being stupid with being black. You weren't confronted at the drive-thru because of your color but because instead of your almost inconceivable lack of consideration for others. Kind of like I, being a well adjusted, productive, considerate citizen of society DO NOT push a fully loaded grocery cart through the "7 items of less" line. If you want to order a buffet for ten people, go inside and order it like a normal person. Drive-thru is for speed and the basic coffee/bagel order by a person or two in the vehicle. Sure it isn't a "rule" written down anywhere but anyone brought up right kind of "just knows."

As people grow and age, they usually mellow out and learn at some point that one can only go through life being an a-hole before they cross and even bigger one. And that bigger one doesn't care about your rights, nor your life, nor your skin color. How do I know this? I, like most of society, am not socially inept. Sure I have the right to wave a swastika flag down in the hood but that would be incredibly stupid. In fact, I'd probably get shot. Now would it be because I'm white or more arguably and likely, I'm just a moron??? Cmon, dude

Old 04-10-2015, 07:48 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,788,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redgrasshat View Post
Oh, yeah dark skinned people are certainly given a free pass in the USA, right to maximum security lock up.
You missed the point completely. Not surprised.

Old 04-10-2015, 08:06 PM

9,824 posts, read 11,556,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Hmm. What is the difference between a "white right-wing crazie" and a "white left-wing crazie"?
I can't tell you the difference, but I can answer a question with a question.
When is the last time a left wing crazy Blew up a Federal Building? Or a Abortion Clinic or knowingly Backed a thieving a rancher against our US Government

Old 04-10-2015, 08:10 PM

6,706 posts, read 5,941,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
I can't tell you the difference, but I can answer a question with a question.
When is the last time a left wing crazy Blew up a Federal Building? Or a Abortion Clinic or knowingly Backed a thieving a rancher against our US Government
Are you defending "left wing crazies"? This seems a bit off the topic, in any case.

Old 04-10-2015, 08:20 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,330,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Actually, not much.

Old 04-10-2015, 08:28 PM

687 posts, read 916,290 times
So what OP is saying is that Whites are somehow the provocateurs in all of these situations?

Sure in the examples given one could make that case, maybe, but in real life we all know that Whites don't just randomly show up in the hood trying to make trouble.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies