Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2015, 08:04 AM

7,488 posts, read 10,491,730 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonesuch View Post
If America is so horribly violent, why do Maine, Vermont, and New Hampshire have low violent crime rates? Is it the cold? proximity to Canada? The real maple syrup?
None of the above! It's because there are very few black folks here!

Really...hardly anyone I know is rude to black people. It's not 'politically correct', and most of the older people who grew up with prejudice, have died off and been replaced by younger, more open-minded people. They have been silent as black employees have been promoted before white ones, because they were minorities. They have been silent as black students take up scholarship positions in college over whites, only to drop out before graduation. They have been silent, tolerant, and accepting.

In the northeast, whites give blacks a w-i-d-e berth. I lived all of my life in Rhode Island, before retirement, and cannot recall an instance where whites mistreated black folks. We just don't think that way here.

The most prejudiced people in America, I have observed, are blacks against whites. BTW, the OP's article begins with, "About ten years ago...". Why bring up something that happened so long ago???

Old 04-10-2015, 08:10 AM

4,677 posts, read 5,769,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
"blacks killing blacks in their own communities"
-Those blacks are usually caught and convicted of those crimes and black folks to speak out against that
That is not true. I posted the stats earlier in the thread. Killers of all races are not usually caught and convicted.

Quote:
"blacks having fun knocking out whites,"
-That is very VERY isolated and those incidents shown were in the UK and here and spread out over 1 1+ yr period, so that was media race baiting as usual
I know St Louis had this problem worse than other cities, but we were having 10-20 incidents a weekend last summer, mostly in the Delmar Loop, with several people killed (though the deaths happened in south St Louis, not the loop). The teens were white and black and the victims of all races.

Quote:
"And BTW, we'll protect ourselves any way we need to in order to not be anyone's crime victim."
-AND SO WILL BLACK PEOPLE, but if they shoot a burglar or some young punk trying to rob them, they had to explain to the entire police department why they feared for their life, while whites are never really questioned and the cops take their word when they shoot a criminal.
This is not true at all. I will dig up the actual stats on justifiable homicide (the situation you are talking about), and black people actually are much more likely to be not charged on the basis of justifiable homicide than white people.

Quote:
But the main point of the article is that you can go a disrespect a black person and if they have a natural reaction like any human is entitled to have and dont bown down and submit, if anything breaks out from there you are entitled to shoot them and be justified because you feared for your life, irregardless if you started the whole thing and instigated it because you knew you had a gun and would use it if you had to.
This is where the article goes off the rails. This is not a natural reaction and there is absolutely zero entitlement to that reaction. The natural reaction and the only justifiable reaction is to deescalate the situation even it means that you must "submit", which is nothing more than removing yourself from the situation.

Old 04-10-2015, 08:17 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,656,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 404Error View Post
if you have a large order, go inside instead of the drive thru. be courteous of one another.
LOL... what?

If you can't wait for your order then go inside or go to another place.

Old 04-10-2015, 08:17 AM

Location: Formerly NYC by week; ATL by weekend...now Rio bi annually and ATL bi annually
1,522 posts, read 2,244,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by so954 View Post
Black on black crime being ignored is the real tragedy.
Ignored? Really, tell me how that is possible? You sir have a narrative that I don't even have to explain.....its just simply sad that you are so far from having a clue.

But please explain how black on black crime is ignored...the floor is yours....

Old 04-10-2015, 08:19 AM

Location: Formerly NYC by week; ATL by weekend...now Rio bi annually and ATL bi annually
1,522 posts, read 2,244,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redgrasshat View Post
Dark skinned people aren't ignoring it, but let's be real here, this is something conservative light skinned people say to take attention away from other issues involving them.
You are talking a few grade levels above his head Redgrasshat.....but spot on!

Old 04-10-2015, 08:44 AM

12,016 posts, read 12,767,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLIMMACKEY View Post
Ignored? Really, tell me how that is possible? You sir have a narrative that I don't even have to explain.....its just simply sad that you are so far from having a clue.

But please explain how black on black crime is ignored...the floor is yours....
Why aren't people having rallies to stop black on black crime, it's a much bigger issue than an isolated case of a white cop killing a black person who is trying to flee.

Old 04-10-2015, 08:49 AM

283 posts, read 521,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Not enough is known about Walter now. But Trayvon and Brown had apparently been engaged in or were about to engage in criminal activity. Why the resistance to allowing Trayvon's school records to be shown?
There's no evidence TM committed or was about to commit a crime except GZ's unsubstantiated self-defense story and phony injuries, which (mostly white) people seem to have accepted at face value. TM's school records bear no relevance to anything because he wasn't on trial, GZ was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Maybe the problem is two-sided; institutionalized non-acquiesence to societal norms.
And who exactly dictates societal norms?

Old 04-10-2015, 08:51 AM

12,016 posts, read 12,767,507 times
https://abagond.files.wordpress.com/...96061635_o.jpg

Old 04-10-2015, 08:53 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,643,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kool hand luke View Post
Don't you realize that it's "politically incorrect" to hold blacks responsible for their actions! It's the white mans fault- say that and you too can be seen as "tolerant" and "sensitive"!
Indeed.

LOL. I can't count how many times I've been called the R-word on this forum. Makes me laugh.

Old 04-10-2015, 09:01 AM

506 posts, read 427,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by so954 View Post
Why aren't people having rallies to stop black on black crime, it's a much bigger issue than an isolated case of a white cop killing a black person who is trying to flee.
Just because you're not paying attention does not mean that it is not happening.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies