Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2015, 06:18 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,834,803 times

Advertisements

So now we're talking about the "killing of blacks in America?" By whites, of course.

Let's talk turkey, OP: Worry about blacks killing blacks in their own communities, and blacks having fun knocking out whites, and killing whites out walking their dogs. Save your diatribe for people who don't know what's going on in every city in this country.

And BTW, we'll protect ourselves any way we need to in order to not be anyone's crime victim. As for the cops, it's generally not a good idea (and illegal) to challenge them.

Chuck the animus towards authority and get with the program.

Old 04-10-2015, 06:49 AM

162 posts, read 155,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redgrasshat View Post
Dark skinned people aren't ignoring it, but let's be real here, this is something conservative light skinned people say to take attention away from other issues involving them.

Exactly. I'm so tired of White people claiming "Black on Black" crime is worse than a white people killing unarmed Blacks instead of being professional and only shooting as a LAST RESORT.
They will taze a crazy drunk white female who comes at her husband with a knife but will murder a Black man just because of a tail light.

Old 04-10-2015, 07:08 AM

609 posts, read 506,112 times
African Americans need 3 things: Educate, Organize and Influence decisions.
Let me be clear. Racism is very alive in America, especially in the South. But Loitering, Burning properties or constantly protesting can only take you so far.
African Americans need to Educate themselves, They need to Organize themselves and they need to run for offices, so that they can get in leadership positions and influence decisions.
Just listening to Fox Noise you can tell that racist people won't learn.

Old 04-10-2015, 07:10 AM

12,016 posts, read 12,767,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veretina View Post
Exactly. I'm so tired of White people claiming "Black on Black" crime is worse than a white people killing unarmed Blacks instead of being professional and only shooting as a LAST RESORT.
They will taze a crazy drunk white female who comes at her husband with a knife but will murder a Black man just because of a tail light.
and a black person will kill another black person because they looked at them wrong, or because they laughed when they had their feet hanging out the car window.

Denis Chiffon Berry Killed In Front Of Son After Laughing At Shooter

Old 04-10-2015, 07:25 AM

4,569 posts, read 5,675,380 times
Wink I blame Northern New England's low violent crime rate on the poutine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
It is just crime! Needless, and senseless crime. America black, white and whatever has a violence problem, that is the tragedy.
You say that, but the violence is not uniform across the country. I live in one of the lowest violence states in the USA, we have less violent crime than many European nations.

If America is so horribly violent, why do Maine, Vermont, and New Hampshire have low violent crime rates? Is it the cold? proximity to Canada? The real maple syrup?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
Black on black crime... why do we not talk about the real tragedy of white on white crime (he says somewhat facetiously). Whites are killed by whites, blacks are killed by blacks,
Correct -- statistically, you are most likely to be killed by somebody of the same race. However, the chance of being a killer, or a victim, is not uniformly distributed by race. For example, current statistical breakdown of race of victim/killer in Chicago:

This doesn't even come close to mirroring Chicago's demographics -- the city is about 45% white, yet whites are vastly under-represented in the homicide statistics. Murder doesn't even match up with poverty.

Old 04-10-2015, 07:29 AM

35,078 posts, read 17,033,734 times
There are some real whoppers here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
What No One is Saying About the Killings of Blacks in America -

This article might be the nest Ive seen in regards to this topic.

From the article:
About ten years ago, I was taking a group of teenagers to get lunch while volunteering at a local church. There was about six of us packed inside of my sedan– I still don’t know how we got in there, but we did. And although they were teens, each of them were taller and bigger than me, which isn’t saying much since I’m only about “yea” high. Behind us pulled in a white man looking for lunch as well. Apparently, our order took too long and he proceeded to honk his horn and began to yell profanity out his window towards us. “Hurry the f@#% up,” is what I clearly remember being the trigger that set us off and, ultimately, led to a confrontation that almost got the six us of killed. When the teens in my car responded in kind, the white man jumped out of his car and approached us ready to fight: one of him against six of us.
That is bad behavior on the part of the whites, pure and simple.

Quote:
I tell you this story in light of all of the killings we have been seeing of black Americans for this reason: no one ever talks about the events that led to the killings. The narrative always begins with the confrontation but never with who or what created the antagonistic environment which led to the confrontation and which then led to the killings of so many African Americans. The narrative of Trayvon Martin’s death began with the fist fight that led to George Zimmerman pulling out a weapon and shooting him. The narrative of Michael Brown’s death, ostensibly, begins with the physical “confrontation” with Darren Wilson. And now, even with the video of Walter Scott, no one is asking how this broken tail light violation led to his murder. The narrative starts where the video begins.
Are you saying that whites need to ignore what their senses tell them, about whether someone of any color is looking for trouble?

Quote:
No one asks why George Zimmerman felt he had the right to harass, stalk, and then confront a teen who was guilty of no crime. No one ever mentions Dorian Johnson’s account of how the confrontation with Darren Wilson began with the officer yelling at them to get the f#@k out of the street. And is anyone even going to ask how one goes from getting pulled over for a broken tail light to being in a confrontation which ultimately gets you killed? Here’s the answer: The reason Trayvon, Michael, and Walter are dead is because they had the nerve to do the same thing me and the five teens almost got killed for that day. We had the nerve to assert our right to be respected and to get angry with someone with a gun who was either looking for a confrontation or was infuriated when we refused to bow down and be subservient.
Not enough is known about Walter now. But Trayvon and Brown had apparently been engaged in or were about to engage in criminal activity. Why the resistance to allowing Trayvon's school records to be shown?

Quote:
The only reason I am typing this blog post and not dead is because I had the advantage of being wise enough to realize that any frail man who was willing to take on six teens either had a death wish or a gun– or possibly even both. I had to survey the situation in a matter of seconds and I realized that this guy came looking for a confrontation and concluded that he had to have a gun. And being that we were in the state of Florida, he could have killed us and later claimed he was in fear of his life–conveniently leaving out that he was the provocateur who created the entire situation. And because we dared to respond in kind, he exploded in rage. I couldn’t control what was unfolding except for stalling my teens — but here was no stopping them. We were all out of our cars and I was scrambling, pulling the teens back in one at a time. Once I realized it was beyond my control, I did the only thing I could think of — I called the police.
You are not dead because you had the sense not to engage in vigilante justice, otherwise known as a brawl.

Quote:
This is what no one is talking about with regard to the killings of black people. Some white Americans feel as though they have the right to confront us and, if we do not cower before their demands–if we don’t “humble” ourselves and comply–then they become infuriated. How dare we not instantly obey the words and instructions of these angry white men? How dare we respond to them as if we are equal. How dare we demand respect not only from thugs on the street, but also from thugs with badges. No one is talking about this because we aren’t ready to confront the glaringly obvious vestiges of Jim Crow: the idea that black people should be subservient–know their place, hold their head down, and say, “Yes Sir” and “No Sir” –whenever being instructed by any white person who wants to “teach us a lesson.”
Police officers are lawfully engaged in a job. They are not just "angry white men."

Quote:
The most painful example of institutionalized racism is the fact that our legal system pays little, if any, regard to this truth–especially when the victim is black and dead. A dead black man can have any narrative necessary created about him. It certainly helps that America is so ready to believe that every black man is a potential thug. This helps them conclude in their minds, without any question, what happened.
THere is a presumption that a police officer is a neutral magistrate doing his job. Once, I got a ticket for running a stop sign. When I testified to the contrary the judge, a personal colleague of mine, held me guilty, saying that a police officer's testimony, as a "neutral with no axe to grind" had to be taken over mine.

Quote:
True institutionalized racism is the fact that our judicial system allows the narrative to begin in the most convenient of place for the aggressor with no regard to what created the confrontation. True institutionalized racism is the fact that members of the “jury of our peers” suffer from–at best–a fundamental attribution error whenever they determine that a black person was “just violent” with no regard to the situation. True institutionalized racism is the fact that after all this, our system has the unmitigated gall to label the outcome “justice.”
Maybe the problem is two-sided; institutionalized non-acquiesence to societal norms.
Quote:
This is what no one is talking about. But now, maybe we can.
I am. And I demand that society as a whole get respect.

Old 04-10-2015, 07:37 AM

4,686 posts, read 6,142,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
So now we're talking about the "killing of blacks in America?" By whites, of course.

Let's talk turkey, OP: Worry about blacks killing blacks in their own communities, and blacks having fun knocking out whites, and killing whites out walking their dogs. Save your diatribe for people who don't know what's going on in every city in this country.

And BTW, we'll protect ourselves any way we need to in order to not be anyone's crime victim. As for the cops, it's generally not a good idea (and illegal) to challenge them.

Chuck the animus towards authority and get with the program.

"blacks killing blacks in their own communities"
-Those blacks are usually caught and convicted of those crimes and black folks to speak out against that

"blacks having fun knocking out whites,"
-That is very VERY isolated and those incidents shown were in the UK and here and spread out over 1 1+ yr period, so that was media race baiting as usual

"killing whites out walking their dogs"
-That happened world wide to all races. If you live in a nice area with pockets of poverty near by, you can become a victim anytime.

"And BTW, we'll protect ourselves any way we need to in order to not be anyone's crime victim."
-AND SO WILL BLACK PEOPLE, but if they shoot a burglar or some young punk trying to rob them, they had to explain to the entire police department why they feared for their life, while whites are never really questioned and the cops take their word when they shoot a criminal.

"As for the cops, it's generally not a good idea (and illegal) to challenge them."
- I fully agree here and it still amazes me how black folks in this day and age see what the cops will do if you challenge them but still do so and get shocked with the results.

But the main point of the article is that you can go a disrespect a black person and if they have a natural reaction like any human is entitled to have and dont bown down and submit, if anything breaks out from there you are entitled to shoot them and be justified because you feared for your life, irregardless if you started the whole thing and instigated it because you knew you had a gun and would use it if you had to.

Old 04-10-2015, 07:40 AM

939 posts, read 795,873 times
I'm glad young black thugs certainly don't promote or engage in violence!

Old 04-10-2015, 07:41 AM

387 posts, read 589,474 times
if you have a large order, go inside instead of the drive thru. be courteous of one another.

Old 04-10-2015, 07:43 AM

939 posts, read 795,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
I've got news for you. I don't know what planet that article is from but it's been talked about ad nauseam.

When Blacks start accepting some responsibility for their state in life instead of blaming it on Whites at every turn, and acknowledge that things have gotten better, then Whites will continue to pay them no mind.

That's it in a nut shell.
Don't you realize that it's "politically incorrect" to hold blacks responsible for their actions! It's the white mans fault- say that and you too can be seen as "tolerant" and "sensitive"!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies