Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2015, 01:45 PM

4,685 posts, read 6,133,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
Not true. Black on black crime has the lowest conviction rates in the U.S., because it tends to be in black communities, which have, by far, the lowest conviction rates. Detroit and New Orleans are examples.

The crisis in the black community is 99% within the community. When there is irrefutable evidence of police misconduct, the cop gets punished severely, as we see in South Carolina. When there are lies, innuendo, and media-fueled nonsense, the cop isn't held responsible, as we see in Ferguson.

The black community needs to focus on black-on-black crime, and stop blaming everyone else. Police misconduct is not even in the top 100 issues for the black community in the U.S.

As someone who has lived in a crime ridden black area, its easier said in than sentence than done.

If you go to the police and tell on the person, you have to come and testify in court as well, there is no one to protect you after the court date when that punks hommies come after you for "snitching", so that is why at times in the black community many refuse to come forward in fear of retaliation when they see some crimes.

I come home and see people parked across the street from my house in a play ground area and the area smells of weed, but if I call the cops, they will know its me, so why put me or my wife in danger over some weed when those punks will be back out on the streets in 1-2 days after being locked up.

As for the blaming everyone else, that is the small percentage of black folks who wont take responsibility for their actions and blame the first thing they can think of all the time. The rest of black folks with common sense just realize the hand they have been dealt and finish school or get a skill and get jobs and move on in life, despite the racist actions of many white hiring managers that wont hire a minority because their name was too black or lived in a ghetto part of town.

Old 04-10-2015, 02:11 PM

2,630 posts, read 1,454,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowdude222 View Post
If I was black, I would never call the police to help me. I am white and I never call the police unless I need a police report for my insurance claim.

The police fine us, detain us, incarcerate us, lie to protect one another for the most part, operate a quota system to increase city/county/state revenue.

I wish the protect and serve was really true.
I have respect for the gun a cop has but not the the cop himself. Doesn't matter what color he is, they are nothing but THUGS. Look at the current South Carolina tragedy, the partner of the murderous cop is just as rotten even though he did not pull the trigger.
I avoid cops as much as possible. Just prefer not to interact with them.

Last edited by SoloforLife; 04-10-2015 at 02:27 PM..

Old 04-10-2015, 02:30 PM

16,548 posts, read 8,584,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marigolds6 View Post
They are. The media doesn't cover them in national news. They barely cover them in local news.
Funny you speculate on something you have no clue about. Young blacks, some completely innocent (i.e. victim of random drive by shootings) never get Al, Jesse, or the vocal media parasites.
You don't hear Obama saying "XYZ could have been my son", or Holder saying "one of his people have been killed".
WHY IS THAT?

There are not riots, or even peaceful protests. You might get one day or some such march/rally, but nothing like what goes on when trumped up false narratives like "hands up don't shoot" rubbish is being spewed about.
WHY IS THAT?

Nor do you even have community leaders demand the media be held accountable for coverage of false narratives for weeks, yet only giving 30 seconds or so about all the black victims at the hands of other blacks.
WHY IS THAT?

Old 04-10-2015, 02:34 PM

12,016 posts, read 12,746,342 times
Can't we all just get along. All people want the same thing. Peace and no crime and no running from the cops.

Old 04-10-2015, 02:40 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redgrasshat View Post
You continually speak about dark skinned people as if they are a monolithic group, which is the language of the racist.
Dark skinned people? LOL I'm part Native American so I'd qualify for that description.

Furthermore, it was the OP that talks about Blacks as a monolithic group. So save your ire for that, except that we know you won't do this because that isn't the point.

Language of the Racist = Something said not Liked

Old 04-10-2015, 02:42 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
Irrelevant.

Black on black violence has nothing to do with Police killings of young black men. Stop deflecting.
Indeed. That's simply Black violence that police are forced to deal with.

Old 04-10-2015, 03:06 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,120,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
Not true. Black on black crime has the lowest conviction rates in the U.S., because it tends to be in black communities, which have, by far, the lowest conviction rates. Detroit and New Orleans are examples.

The crisis in the black community is 99% within the community. When there is irrefutable evidence of police misconduct, the cop gets punished severely, as we see in South Carolina. When there are lies, innuendo, and media-fueled nonsense, the cop isn't held responsible, as we see in Ferguson.

The black community needs to focus on black-on-black crime, and stop blaming everyone else. Police misconduct is not even in the top 100 issues for the black community in the U.S.
My dad doesn't drive in Nola not because of the people, but because of the Police.

Old 04-10-2015, 03:07 PM

78,339 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
Irrelevant.

Black on black violence has nothing to do with Police killings of young black men. Stop deflecting.
TWO of the much-discussed threads this week ending into a police shooting of a black youth were initiated by black on black crime.

The thread about the woman murdered and her son injured by the man with the feet out the window....and the guy that tried to steal a gun from an illegal buy (where it discharged) and was later shot by cops (illinois).

Heck, it's not just blacks...it's EVERYBODY (see link below). Big shocker but most people get shot by cops when they are committing a crime....and most crime is against people of your own race.

Man shot during police pursuit after robbery has died | Local News - KCCI Home

Old 04-10-2015, 03:11 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,321,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post

So I would say that either due to racial chips on their shoulders, or just being raised without a healthy respect for authority, results in a simple interaction turning into a potentially deadly situation.

`
Does this apply to Randy Weaver, the Branch Davidians, Cliven Bundy, and a whole litany of white supremacist, sovereign citizens and other assorted white right-wing crazies?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3VlMWTJ9GY

Old 04-10-2015, 03:26 PM

3,884 posts, read 4,534,690 times
Interesting perspective and point. My mom dated a guy (for a while) who was a racist and used the N word a lot. This was a loooong time ago, but I was a kid and remember him using the phrase "uppity nig*er" in regards to some situation on the news on TV.

Even as an 11 year old I recognized how undignified and wrong this was. What a rotten attitude! Luckily he had no children to pass this on to and was pretty much a loner. I remember being mad at my mom for dating him longer than she should have, but she was one of those women who thought she could "change" the man. (That does NOT work!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies