Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2015, 09:45 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,650,086 times

Advertisements

Maybe the problem is that there are 1.5 million missing black men in the U.S. and here's why---read below :

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...abt=0002&abg=1
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2015, 09:57 PM

8,632 posts, read 13,003,320 times
The high absentee father rate in the Black community will never change until Black women learn to take more responsibility with the men they choose to sleep with. Until that happens, nothing will ever change.

Old 04-21-2015, 10:41 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,556 posts, read 16,542,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabber_wocky View Post
My father is Black. He was absent for my entire life; I was raised by my grandparents. He made up every excuse in the book as to why he was absent which insulted my intellignece even as a child. I knew he was lying to me. The final blow is when he made up an excuses on why he could attend my college graduation. I finally grew tired of his excuses and cut my ties with him several years ago once and for all, which included legally changing my surname. It was a great decision because I spent years trying to gain his acceptance only to be continuously fed lies and excuses.

What is disturbing to me is that I have met more black people than I care to remember that also have absent fathers. I do not feel that every black man abandons his responsibilities, because that is not true, but I have certainly noticed a pattern.

The question I pose to you is: Why do absentee fathers seem to be more prevalent in the black community? What do you feel attributes to this issue?

I want to gain a little more insight on this.
Nope. 70% of black kids born out of wedlock is less actual kids than the 30% of white kids being born out of wedlock

Old 04-21-2015, 11:07 PM

31,053 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
I call BS! Legitimate question.....but I would bet any money you are a poser.
You could just as well call Obama a poser considering he has a similar background: Abandoned by his father at one, then sent to be raised by his white grand parents when he was a teen. I have several mixed friends that have similar backgrounds, sans being raised by their grand parents.

Old 04-22-2015, 09:52 AM

25,848 posts, read 16,528,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Seems to me that the "absent father" thing is a stretch to begin with concerning African-Americans.

Being born out of wedlock doesn't mean that your father is absent.

I have a brother with twe girls out of wedlock...he's a great father although he doesn't live with them. And the 1200 a month he drops on child support is proof that he's certainly there financially.
Which has absolutely nothing to do with the OP whose father was absent completely.

Old 04-22-2015, 09:55 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabber_wocky View Post
Yes I am mixed race. I was trying to tie a fact to my question so that others can have a better understanding of where I am coming from. I suppose it wasn't well received.

Why would you even ask such a question and specifically about Black Males?
That is beyond race baiting and bashing and it is not allowed.

When it comes to absent parents, there is no predominant color and you are not the only person on the planet who had an absent parent.
It is part of life for many people, learn how to deal with it and move on without bashing race or gender.

Old 04-22-2015, 09:55 AM

25,848 posts, read 16,528,639 times
The only pattern of absent fathers being predominantly black is only in the real world, but that doesn't count to the liberals on this forum.

Old 04-22-2015, 10:56 AM

9,855 posts, read 11,933,875 times
I had to skip several pages of this travesty but... has it been noted that the o.p. appears to have had an absentee mother, as well? A mother who was white? Does that even happen? Tell me that this angle has been explored, please. Recent posts are still hammering the tired absentee black man trope. Why is that?

Old 04-22-2015, 11:16 AM

9,007 posts, read 13,841,954 times
Lets be real here...

Black men ONLY seem to to care about their sexual prowess.

They do not seem to care about the consequences.

Now look,they are now making even single moms out of white women now.

Black men are the most lazy human beings i know.

They blame everyone but THEMSELVES for their problems.

If it aint the white man's fault,it is slavery's fault,it is black women' fault,is is the police fault.

You get my drift.

Old 04-22-2015, 11:18 AM

9,007 posts, read 13,841,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
The high absentee father rate in the Black community will never change until Black women learn to take more responsibility with the men they choose to sleep with. Until that happens, nothing will ever change.
Nope.

Maybe black men SHOULD man up and STOP sleeping with everything on 2 legs.

Come on,these men have free will too.

Btw,black women are outpacing black men in education.

Most black men head to prison.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies