Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2015, 07:23 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,709,682 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Not hearing a specific proposal.

Just vague truisms.
Why would you need to? When people say they want to focus on solutions, because they do not like to hear about the cause of the problem, they really are just as averse to the solutions, coming from those lamenting the problem, as they are averse to hearing about the problem.

Old 05-01-2015, 07:35 AM

7,473 posts, read 4,017,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
It's simple. Target, then set(repair the damage done), then allow time for the healing.
You need to run for political office...........you mouth a lot of words but have no substance.....

Old 05-01-2015, 07:39 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,438,007 times
Quote:
Why would you need to? When people say they want to focus on solutions, because they do not like to hear about the cause of the problem, they really are just as averse to the solutions, coming from those lamenting the problem, as they are averse to hearing about the problem.
I have to hand it to you -- your ability to rationalize is quite impressive.

So far, it appears that you not only have nothing in mind in the way of a solution, but you don't want to have a solution.

You just want to wallow in the problem and complain about it.

Old 05-01-2015, 07:40 AM

1,672 posts, read 1,251,052 times
Quote:
Look how Bush was treated. I guess people conveniently forget, don't they?

Obama has certainly been treated with more respect than George W. Bush, who was routinely compared to a monkey, called a Nazi, ridiculed as dumb, but at the same time accused of diabolically clever deception.

Then there was Obama's attorney general Eric Holder complaining that he had been mistreated and suggesting it was based on racism.

But Bush's attorney general -- Alberto Gonzales -- was dressed down like a little boy by black Congresswoman Maxine Waters and no one said a word about that. Her foaming at the mouth ravings -- based on nothing -- were a sight to see.
Are suggesting if W. Bush's background resembled Obama's, he would be compared to a monkey, called a Nazi, ridiculed as dumb?

And what if Obama had a criminal record as a youth, or a sub-standard educational/military background? Would he have the same chances at the presidency as Bush had?

Old 05-01-2015, 07:43 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Quote:
What whites did centuries ago is why I exist in the here and now typing on a computer.....so what whites have done has everything to do with my existence and cannot be revoked, just to debunk your claim. .....

Whites have been, metaphorically, skunks, historically. So don't try to blame your dislike and ill treatment of us on the smell you left with us.
Everyone living in the USA can say exactly the same thing so pointless. Your second point is irrelevant hyperbole.

Old 05-01-2015, 07:45 AM

89,031 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Black problems come from inside the black community......take accountability. Take responsibility for the children that you father. Learn how to speak properly.

It doesn't take a village to raise a child.....it takes a committed parent (preferably TWO committed parents), it takes responsible, unselfish people to raise good children.

Take this as you will....your children are not angry about anything except for the feeling of not feeling wanted by their parents.
Valid point.

Old 05-01-2015, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nc17 View Post
Are suggesting if W. Bush's background resembled Obama's, he would be compared to a monkey, called a Nazi, ridiculed as dumb?
Bush was compared to a monkey, called a Nazi, ridiculed as dumb, etc. So I don't know why you're asking whether he would have been called those things. He was called them.

Quote:
And what if Obama had a criminal record as a youth, or a sub-standard educational/military background? Would he have the same chances at the presidency as Bush had?
Well, let's see... Obama admits in his autobiography that he broke the law by using illegal drugs in high school and was a poor student (slacker) for at least a semester or two. He could have volunteered to serve in the military and was even the right age to have been in the first Gulf War, but he didn't. So yes, his shortcomings (as you put it, "sub-standard educational/military background" and "criminal" behavior) doesn't seem to have stopped him from getting elected.

Old 05-01-2015, 07:49 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Quote:
That is one way to view it. I tend to view it like a broken leg or limb. There is a standard time that it will take for a broken limb to heal....whether you are black, white or whatever. The break has to be targeted, set and treated differently than the non broken leg....in order that it can heal. Thus, don't act like black people are under performing some standard for recovery....because to do so is to argue the belief that black are performing sub human.
You make argument that present day Blacks suffer and lack ability to get ahead because of what Whites did 150+ years ago. i.e. Black success is dependent upon White decision. This is a comment that someone, who considers themselves "sub - human" would make.

You can't have it both ways.
Quote:
Instead of trying to characterize my response....how about debunking it.....when you get over your laughter at it's humor to you.
Your posts are so contradictory, as the above proves, they are self debunking. It's a common fault when someone argues "opinion" as a fact.

Old 05-01-2015, 08:04 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,709,682 times
Quote:
I have to hand it to you -- your ability to rationalize is quite impressive.

So far, it appears that you not only have nothing in mind in the way of a solution, but you don't want to have a solution.

You just want to wallow in the problem and complain about it.
No...honestly I just do not really think you are sincere about wanting to know what a solution is. Once I give you a solution....then what? Are you going to run right out and start promoting it....or are you just going to try to tear it down?

Old 05-01-2015, 08:08 AM

Quote:
No...honestly I just do not really think you are sincere about wanting to know what a solution is. Once I give you a solution....then what? Are you going to run right out and start promoting it....or are you just going to try to tear it down?
What does it matter how I react to it?

This is an open forum. Lots of people read it, not just me.

You can either deliver the goods, or you can't.

So far, I say "can't."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies