Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2015, 12:14 PM

3,452 posts, read 4,621,535 times

Advertisements

Unfortunately we live in a world where there are hundreds of thousands of "George Zimmermans" or people with his same mindset.

One idiot getting his recompense is not going to solve the true issues that lie at the core.

Old 05-17-2015, 12:15 PM

2,288 posts, read 3,240,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrafficCory View Post
"If George Zimmerman was not engaged in an unlawful activity and was attacked in any place where he had a right to be, he had no duty to retreat and had the right to stand his ground and meet force with force, including deadly force if he reasonably believed that it was necessary to do so to prevent death or great bodily harm to himself or another or to prevent the commission of a forcible felony"

That's the only mention of Stand Your Ground. Again, at the trial Stand Your Ground was not invoked as a defense tactic. The prosecuting attorney even stated this in his closing arguments. John Guy stated "This case is not about Stand Your Ground". That's the prosecution unequivocally stating that its not stand your ground. GZ was pinned down by TM, thus there was no possibility of retreat thus negating the SYG portion of the self defense law.

You say GZ was pinned down by Trayvon, I say GZ had TM by the hoodie and wouldn't let go. This little wannabe cop thought he had the right to pull a Barney Fife on a teen doing nothing. When only ONE person is left alive to tell their story, you cant take their "facts" as gospel. Only an idiot wouldn't realize they're trying to save their own butt. The bullet holes didn't match TM just being on top of GZ. Proof the prosecutors threw the case, by not bringing this fact up. GZ got on top of a dying TM to make sure he wouldn't ever be able to tell his story. And yes, there was a witness to him doing that.

Any injury on GZ could have been made while he was running amuck looking for his prey. IF TM hit him, it was while he was trying to get away from a stranger holding onto him. And for those who think TM should have run inside the home, maybe he was trying to protect the child inside. I wouldn't let a creepy older guy following me, know where I lived/was staying. Bottom line, TM would be alive if GZ had just called 911 and let the real cops do their job.

Old 05-17-2015, 12:16 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,976,359 times
Quote:
I've never said anything above. The investigator in this current case involving Apperson said Apperson seems to have a "fixation on Zimmerman". Not my words, I'm just reporting what an LE Officer said, nothing more nothing less. I've not mentioned that he's surrounded by mentally unstable people, I've never mentioned girlfriends, ex-wifes, etc.

You did. And then you knocked down your own words. Great job if illustration a classic Straw-Man Fallacy. Well done child, well done.
And I didn't say those were your words. Maybe you should learn some reading comprehension so you can figure out when the straw man fallacy applies.

Can we go back now to the topic at hand and discuss Zimmy boy and not make this about your "extraordinary" debating skills? If you wanna talk about yourself then open a forum in the Personal ads section.

Old 05-17-2015, 12:28 PM

2,188 posts, read 1,384,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by breeinmo. View Post
IF TM hit him, it was while he was trying to get away from a stranger holding onto him. And for those who think TM should have run inside the home, maybe he was trying to protect the child inside. I wouldn't let a creepy older guy following me, know where I lived/was staying.
This. Stand your ground applies to Trayvon Martin too. He was the one being followed.

Old 05-17-2015, 12:29 PM

1,077 posts, read 873,306 times
Quote:
You say GZ was pinned down by Trayvon, I say GZ had TM by the hoodie and wouldn't let go. This little wannabe cop thought he had the right to pull a Barney Fife on a teen doing nothing. When only ONE person is left alive to tell their story, you cant take their "facts" as gospel. Only an idiot wouldn't realize they're trying to save their own butt. The bullet holes didn't match TM just being on top of GZ. Proof the prosecutors threw the case, by not bringing this fact up. GZ got on top of a dying TM to make sure he wouldn't ever be able to tell his story. And yes, there was a witness to him doing that.

Any injury on GZ could have been made while he was running amuck looking for his prey. IF TM hit him, it was while he was trying to get away from a stranger holding onto him. And for those who think TM should have run inside the home, maybe he was trying to protect the child inside. I wouldn't let a creepy older guy following me, know where I lived/was staying. Bottom line, TM would be alive if GZ had just called 911 and let the real cops do their job.

If you look at my post above (#126) on the DNA findings, you will also find GZ bloody fingerprint on the inside shirt (undershirt) of Trayvon Martin. So it does seem he held on to TM as not to allow him to continue home. Where TMs body was found, he was no where around the concrete.

Seems that the jury just believed every word of the defense and discounted anything the State put forth.

I still feel this jury did a great disservice and injustice which allowed GZ to be more empowered with each step he takes.

Last edited by Amythyst; 05-17-2015 at 12:30 PM.. Reason: added post number

Old 05-17-2015, 12:30 PM

335 posts, read 377,025 times
Quote:
The last line is hysterical. GZ is the only person I've heard of that gets stopped for SPEEDING, and the cop shakes his hand and makes the stop a photo OP! Have you not seen the videos? GZ is also the only person that can shoot a teen to death, and earn a free gun and tour at a gun manufacturing plant.

The only reason some of his crimes have not gone to court, is because the victims are scared to death of the Teflon man. If this monster can beat a stalking and murder rap, what chance do they have of getting him convicted for lessor crimes? There is no doubt that he hurt and stole from Shelly's dad, so why didn't he press charges? GZ has become the most protected evil being who is an average Joe, in my memory.
This is only your opinion. Your information is only as good as the associated press says. Don't get me wrong I am not a Zimmerman fan. I do feel he was not guilty of murder but guilty of manslaughter for sure. It was an unlawful killing. It was a skin on skin fight and Trayvon did not deserve death. The state of florida was guilty for giving this moron a gun permit.

Old 05-17-2015, 12:49 PM

1,793 posts, read 1,442,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amythyst View Post
If you look at my post above (#126) on the DNA findings, you will also find GZ bloody fingerprint on the inside shirt (undershirt) of Trayvon Martin. So it does seem he held on to TM as not to allow him to continue home. Where TMs body was found, he was no where around the concrete.
Was there any of Trayvon's DNA found on George?

Crime Scene Photos, Warning Some Are Graphic. Look at #37 and #39 that shows the body in relation to the concrete mere feet away.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...togallery.html

Old 05-17-2015, 12:53 PM

Quote:

yes.

I believe TM didn't get one punch in.

Not on his gun either and that is what GZ said prompted him to shoot.

Old 05-17-2015, 12:54 PM

Quote:

Crime Scene Photos, Warning Some Are Graphic. Look at #37, that shows the body in relation to the concrete mere feet away.

George Zimmerman trial: Evidence photos released in the shooting death of Trayvon Martin - Orlando Sentinel

Mere feet away or around 47' away.

Old 05-17-2015, 12:55 PM

1,793 posts, read 1,442,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amythyst View Post
NO.
Again, from the trial - actual evidence Zimmerman trial: Forensic evidence shows Trayvon left DNA on George four times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies